To People who Pirated Bishoujo Games on IRC

quote:
Originally posted by Laslow:
As for parents, how do you explain the edipus complex?

Well, since you brought it up...Almost all of Freud's ideas have essentially been debunked and discarded, the Oedipus complex theory among them. The Oedipus complex is explained by saying it's a load of bull that Freud made up as a way of explaining why he was hearing so much talk of sexual abuse.

[Edit: That's not to say that you're not right about the rest of your post; it's just that the Oedipus complex part is bad information.]

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 05-29-2004).]

Inbreeding is something that shouldn’t be done. While I haven’t heard it as “weakening of DNA”, the closer your partner’s blood is to you, the more chance that the offspring will have defects such as being blind, mongolic (spelling?), etc.

I’d let kids play as soon as they were curious (ACTUALLY curious, not just “What’s that with the pretty pictures, Mommy?”) but I certainly wouldn’t force them to - if they’re not interested, they’ll just go “Ew” and stop. I’m sure plenty of kids with cable have caught a glimpse of kissing or nudity and just changed the channel because htey weren’t interested.

Me, I played Leisure Suit Larry at about the age of 9 or 10… I was quite curious about the sexual aspect, but there’s no really naughty bits in that game to scare you. Playing something with full sex pictures might still have frightened me off. (And I would definitely have run screaming at, say, “Dress up like a dog and pee in this litter box for me!” which I think I’ve seen in multiple hentai games…)

But then, my mom wouldn’t have been upset if I’d come to her wanting to talk about weird things I’d seen in computer games.