True Love

As an English translation, it was clearly a standard bearer in the eroge mindset in the west. And really, I still think it holds up well today despite its age.

Was there really any valid competing products in English back then?

Nocturnal Illusion, Maid’s Story, Season of the Sakura, X-change, May Club, Runaway City, Paradise Heights, Amy’s Fantasies, and Three Sister’s Story, to name a few off the top of my head.

I don’t think X-Change was in the same year.

Meh, X-change was released 5 years later (2001). In any case, True Love was still better. :stuck_out_tongue:

I really don’t think there’s much worse than X-change. But I’m most likely wrong, but I won’t be finding out anytime soon!

What is wierd is that such a game (though the concept is interesting) ended up spawning a rather popular franchise. I will say this though… Yin Yang: X-Change Alternative was a wonderful surprise. It is one of my favourite VNs.

True Love is ultimately just a hentai knockoff of the original Tokimeki Memorial. I think the audience they were targeting, were disappointed with the results. See what happened when Sentimental Graffiti was released: good knock-offs are better loved. :wink:

Meh. I don’t mind knock-offs or rip-offs or sequels… well, unless they are just blatanly awful. I mean, I like both Love Hina and Ai Yori Aoshi as well as Maburaho and Rosario. The first two are almost exact copies of one another in terms of themes and relationships. The last two are just plays of the harem genre.

I’m not too hard too please though. I don’t judge story based art by originality or innovation or intensity; I simply ask myself “were there developed characters” and “did I care about them and feel involved in their journey”. True Love had a positive answer to those questions for me, so I liked it.

Water Closet. But I happened to enjoy X-Change for what it was.

X-change was an interesting concept but the first game didn’t explore it well enough. Others in the series were great since they covered a lot of peoples likes.

fixed. :roll:

I sent an email to Parsley some weeks ago asking about this, and they actually sent me a reply. It mentions that no one who worked on the original True Love is in the company anymore, so there’s no one who can answer what might/could have been, or give a reason why there’s no True Love 2.

Basically they said: “we don’t know either”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here are those 4 girls from that TLS demo that was earlier posted. The two “older women” look like they’ve got zero gravity on their boobs. :stuck_out_tongue:

Man, I wish someone would invent a zero-gravity boob bra. These things get heavy.

That combined with child bearing and second class citizen status… I’m amazed all women haven’t gone yandere yet. I know I would have. :stuck_out_tongue:

At this point I fully expected some less-endowed girl to come crying in with “you don’t have to rub it in ;_;”

I suspect that it is inevitable that one day all the women in the world WILL go yandere. I’ve built an underground shelter and I routinely cycle the supplies in it, check that the generator and backup generator are working etc. for precisely this eventuality.

Agree. About the only good thing about the series. Would have been better if she had a twin though.

I never did finish Paradise Heights 2, Maids Story, Nocturnal Illusion, and a few others… anyone test those on Windows 7 64 bit yet?

I can confirm that Mugen Yasoukyoku requires an emulator to work on Win7 64-bit here. Can’t comment on the English release of the game.