Try to get Fye to sell B-games

I want to see how many people would be will to mail in a letter to Fye to ask them to start selling bishojo games. there website is Fye.com. but i feel writing letter will do more. here a bad base letter ( not that good and writing up stuff)

“To Whom It May Concern:

I’m writing because I would like to see FYE start selling Bishojo games. Your stores have a very large amount of anime, and adult anime, so selling bishojo games should not be that big of a change for the company. If you were to sell them you would be the first chain store to sell them, as of now they are only sold online.

Sincerely”

and it would be mailed to

Trans World Entertainment
38 Corporate Circle
Albany, New York 12203

I would like to hear what you people think

I think it is always worth a try to attempt to get these places to ‘loosen up’ a little and sell these types of games since they already sell similar types of products in the adult anime.

Only problem might be their image of selling it. My girlfriend once worked at a similar type of place that sold, along with more ‘mainstream’ types and kid types of each, sold adult movies, adult anime, adult magazines and they simply refused to even consider selling these types of games for some reason, perhaps some kind of stigma attached to the games.

Nevertheless as I said I think it is always worth the attempt because who knows what can be accomplished until you try, though I think you will need a large amount of people writing in, more then just one boards worth of people, to have this force FYE’s hand, force a change in what they sell.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 02-03-2004).]

well i’m on the g-collection board too. i know are numbers are small that why we sould mail letters to them, get a bigger bang for the number of people. well heres a better letter,
To Whom It May Concern:

I’m writing because I would like to see FYE start selling Bishojo games. Bishojo games being novel adventure games that branch out into multiple endings, depending upon selections made in the game. You might call these interactive sound novels with beautiful and exciting graphics. Your stores have a very large amount of anime, and adult anime, so selling bishojo games should not be that big of a change for the company. If you were to sell them you would be the first chain store to sell them, as of now they are only sold online. The sites to go to find out more about these great games are,
www.g-collections.com and www.peachprincess.com .

Sincerely

mail it to here
Trans World Entertainment
38 Corporate Circle
Albany, New York 12203

if you mail this out write me, lets make this happen.

We plan to “attack” Fry’s this year (sorry, Japanese interfering with my English). We plan to make this a priority as soon as we can. I’m not sure how they’ll feel about selling a $50 item that’s small enough to shoplift, though.

thats good to hear, well i hope people will mail this letter.

Sound good Peter especially since frys sells adult dvds, hentai, and some adult manga too, along with your anime action figures and stuff. Sounds like they might go for it Course I wouldn’t buy from there since I buy from g-col and here

doesn’t matter if you’ll buy just that other people will buy from them, so send a letter.

If people don’t buy though it won’t stay, but I still agree it is good that attempts are being made to get them to sell such games.

yea there price will be the same, as online so i think people will buy from there, so you guys going to mail letters in or no?

I don’t think there’s any fye’s here. So don’t know if my letter would do any good

I think there is one about 2 hours away from me, or two states away, I am not sure if there is one at the big mall 2 hours away from me or not, but if there is not the nearest is about 2 states away.

I’ve never even heard of Fye. There’s a Fry’s near me though. I checked Fye’s site, and apparently, the closest one to me is on Santa Monica Blvd., near Beverly Hills. That’s a little too far for my tastes. However, the Fry’s plan Peter pitched seems cool to me. Although, I don’t remember ever seeing any adult manga at the Fry’s near me. Or any manga for that matter. Oh well.

------------------
精神 の 神

hmmm thats weird there is FYE in ever mail here, oh well that northen Ny

Probably a east coast thing. Sorta like how we got a ton of In’N’outs here

Dude which fry’s do you go to. The new one in industry is chock full of Anime and manga. They even have their own hentai section which happens to be where the h-manga is also. They’re all covered with those 18 and over signs though.

hmm well it would be good to send in letters, because it not that your going to buy from there but rather new people will start buying and make a bigger base, so more games will come out and faster too i would hope.

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Probably a east coast thing. Sorta like how we got a ton of In'N'outs here [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Dude which fry's do you go to. The new one in industry is chock full of Anime and manga. They even have their own hentai section which happens to be where the h-manga is also. They're all covered with those 18 and over signs though.

I go to the old one in Manhattan Beach with the crappy, crappy parking. [img]http://www.gexus.com/seishin/hrmph.gif[/img]

And they do stock a decent amount of anime, but their hentai selection is one shelf. The top one right above the adult dvds. Only thing though, is that a few of those dvds they have there aren't adult. Steel Angel Kurumi was stocked there for the longest time before they finally moved it to the regular anime section. But there's still some others that still share the same fate Kurumi did. Like the edited-like-hell version of Kite. There's a few others, but I can't remember their names at the moment.

------------------
精神 の 神

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
I've never even heard of Fye. There's a Fry's near me though. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Funny thing is I have never heard of this Fry's everyone is talking about, but I know there is (or at least was last time I was there) an FYE in the Mall of Georgia, the one about 2 hours from me, is Fry's mostly West Coast?

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Funny thing is I have never heard of this Fry's everyone is talking about, but I know there is (or at least was last time I was there) an FYE in the Mall of Georgia, the one about 2 hours from me, is Fry's mostly West Coast?
Fry's Electronics started as a Silicon Valley grocery that began selling computer parts back in the 70s. Now it's a West Coast franchise that sells hardware, software, appliances, DVDs, junk food and whatever else attracts computer geeks. I used to shop at the original store. Great selection, terrible service. Never heard of FYE.

Actually, Fry’s online store is located at Outpost. Which is a tad weird to me, considering there’s only a really tiny a button link from the frys.com site to the outpost.com site. It’s a conspiracy I tell you! A conspiracy!

------------------
精神 の 神

Back in the early 80’s my family moved to California and we used to shop there for groceries because we lived in some apartments right behind the shopping plaza in was located in. We shopped there for well over 5 years… until we moved.

Funny thing is, I totally didn’t know anything about Fry’s/Fye’s changing from a grocery to electronics… until my brother told me about it a few months ago. Funny thing is, he lives in San Diego and works at one of their chain stores too.