Tsukihime has returned!

Its a temporal paradox that rends the fabric of reality when challenged. The last time someone tried to prove the existence of The Anime Which Shall Not Be Named Because It Does Not Exist, it was on a fishing boat, which resulted in this after the equation was calculated:

Some things are best left unexplained… :o

It was such a nice boat, too :frowning:

And now its made of fail…

By the way, I dont understand how could Nasu let that thing be made that bad. Did he just go:

-Make a good anime for me ok?
-Yeah…

(later)

-WTF?! WHO LET THIS FAIL HAPPEN?!!
-You did…

It was in development for several years, with them valiantly trying to cram as much from the game into the series as possible. This I know, but can’t remember where I read it from. It’s one of those things where … you know, even Duke Nukem Forever has to come out, or be cancelled. Eventually.

(Of course, all of this assumes such a thing as a “Tsukihime anime” existed. There seems to be some small debate.)

There is no debate Nandemonai, simply we reinforced the fact that there is no Tsukihime anime.
Ehhh this is getting old, lets change the subject, will there be a Tsukihime 2 or wont there be a Tsukihime 2?

Don’t even think about looking for the DVD… it doesn’t play nice with existence. True story: kid brings home what his friends told him was the Tsukihime anime, and the sheer lie of it obliterated him and the entertainment system.

On the topic of Tsukihime 2 - it’s just rumors… there’s never been any official word on an actual Tsukihime 2, aside from a few “teasers” from Type-Moon, on what they’d like to do with a Tsukihime 2. But an actual working game, and real development art, hasn’t been seen as far as I know.

What would be best is if the same people who are doing Kara no Kyoukai would do Tsukihime after they finish KnK. BTW, if you haven’t seen the first KnK, you need to SEE IT IMMEDIATELY, if not sooner. It is absolutely incredible.

And just in case somebody is actually confused and doesn’t know the meme, a 12 episode anime was released with the name Tsukihime: Lunar Legend which happened to have the same characters, but it was SO BAD that it should have never been released, and now, anyone who knows ANYTHING about Tsukihime and has actually seen it will deny that it even existed, because if they did they would end up in epileptic seisures on the ground from the bad memories.

I didn’t think it was that bad.

The show wasn’t true to the original, and they certainly mishandled key plot elements and action scenes. However, the director’s dramatic interpretation was quite nice (plus the script was quite solid for the most part).

There’re tons of bad eroge to anime conversions out there. In terms of watchability, Tsukihime is at least above average, despite how one might feel about its effectiveness as an adaptation.

To be completely and brutally honest, if you’d never played the game or heard of Type Moon or Tsukihime, it would prolly be ok… but they failed lots of ways.

1. 13 episodes??? WTF??? The game is looooong. Even without the H. (Off-topic - Nasu REALLY REALLY needs to learn how to write H-scenes… BADLY! I’m still having Mollusk nighmares…) I’m guessing that Tsukihime would need at least 36 episodes to even begin to show what needed to be shown…
  2. Storyline. Kinda goes along with the # of episodes, but geez, they had to cut so much out of the story that it was hardly recognisable as the same thing…
  3. Animation. Mediocre. However this was probably the thing that was closest to the game. However, I’d love to see the same guys who are doing Kara no Kyoukai do a REAL animation of Tsukihime…

Anyhoo, I’m not sure if you were trolling or not, but just in case you weren’t there are some reasons… And if you were, well played :slight_smile:

If I didn’t have manners I’d say that your sick and should be put down for your own sake. But I do have manners so I wont.
The mere sight of Shiki’s face in the nonexistent anime is enough to make me vomit, blood. The charaters are…god I don’t even know how to express this level of fail…
On a scale of 1 to 10 this thing scores -666.