Tsukushite Agechau 4 -I'm Gonna Serve You : Our Honeymo

Just noticed this on the list of upcoming from g-collections… anyone know anything on this title?

My guess: maids

http://trb.cd-bros.co.jp/soft/tsuku4/

Actually I would have guessed either maids or waitresses. But thanks for the link gaogao-san. Hmm, again with a sequel though…

Hello, everyone. I did some research about this Tsukushite Agechau series.

I found out that the original Tsukushite Agechau was the game, which promoted Trabulance to become a big brand in Japan. It gained so much popularity, so they came up with an idea of “spin-off” story called Kango Shicyauzo. Kango’s story takes place a couple of years prior to the original Tsukushite Agechau story, where Chisa is merely a student nurse.

There still might be some crossover connection between Tsukushite 4 and Kango series, but I couldn’t find it from their website though.

cool another new game by G-collections. Let’s hope they can keep up the monthly pace again

wow… this game came out 12-8-2002 and its already on the translation block… thats quick

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
wow... this game came out 12-8-2002 and its already on the translation block... thats quick
And it went #9 in the sales ranking for that month.

Interesting, this is. It looks like we may be having some luck in getting the market to expand. Excellent…my evil plan is working!

ohh… and its got animation!

Don’t suppose the other installments in the series will get releases?

Yeah I wish we could played the whole series but I will take what I can get . G-Collection seems to release sequels without the originals, but maybe in this game its not such a big deal? Like Tottemo Pheremone. While it would have been nice to play the first, I was able to understand the back story by just playing the second.

quote:
Originally posted by Bigdog:
Yeah I wish we could played the whole series but I will take what I can get [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]. G-Collection seems to release sequels without the originals, but maybe in this game its not such a big deal? Like Tottemo Pheremone. While it would have been nice to play the first, I was able to understand the back story by just playing the second.

Well...considering they released DOR, and got smacked around pretty hard for it...maybe they learned something? In this case it might not be something we exactly want, but there does seem to be a correlation between "old" titles and quasi-poor sales. (By "old" I mean games like DOR and also Season of the Sakura--not necessarily old chronologically, but older-feeling; older design philosophy, etc).

Then again, they did release Kango and it did sell out.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Well...considering they released DOR, and got smacked around pretty hard for it...maybe they learned something? In this case it might not be something we exactly want, but there does seem to be a correlation between "old" titles and quasi-poor sales. (By "old" I mean games like DOR and also Season of the Sakura--not necessarily old chronologically, but older-feeling; older design philosophy, etc).

I don't think that's quite the reason why DOR was released, because Kango, Chain, and Kana are like games within the recent 5 years. You know how old DOR is? It's released back in 1996, but the games are much older than that. It probably goes back 15 years, who knows, I don't know the history of D.O. very well, and it's a compilation of a 'Aini kite' series, with Akuma chan as the host of each one. It's one of the burning questions I really want to ask G-Collections, if they'd agree to an interview with me.

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:

I don't think that's quite the reason why DOR was released, because Kango, Chain, and Kana are like games within the recent 5 years. You know how old DOR is? It's released back in 1996, but the games are much older than that. It probably goes back 15 years, who knows, I don't know the history of D.O. very well, and it's a compilation of a 'Aini kite' series, with Akuma chan as the host of each one. It's one of the burning questions I really want to ask G-Collections, if they'd agree to an interview with me.

Wasn't what I meant...I meant, DOR's lackluster performance might have made G-collections squeamish about releasing other older titles (hence my speculation that Kango might have the opposite effect).

If I may engage in some baseless speculations...I am fairly certain that G-collections released DOR for several compelling (but, in the long-term sense, strategically questionable) reasons.

1) Price of getting rights for English release is directly related to Japanese owner's perceived value; i.e. DOR was older and probably worth that much, so it was cheaper to license.

2) Ease of localization--the game wasn't very complicated (no save game feature, no voice acting, etc). The scripts were short, so it takes less time and is easier to polish.

So DOR looks like the "launch title" section of G-Collections' lineup--the "we need SOMEthing up front, do this, it's quick and dirty" section.

And here the forum be… why does it say it was created by bigdog… if im the first poster?
heh oh and to keep this on topic…

THIS GAME COMES OUT NOVEMBER 12TH!

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
And here the forum be.. why does it say it was created by bigdog... if im the first poster?

Actually it says it was created by you but when you run the search function, it returns the user name of the post it got the "hit" on rather than the user name of the thread starter.

This thread was from the end of May and now the game is coming out in November. About six months from announcement to release? Maybe we should track these things for a bit, see if there's a pattern or something. *blink* Way too much statistics courses when I was young...

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
This thread was from the end of May and now the game is coming out in November. About six months from announcement to release? Maybe we should track these things for a bit, see if there's a pattern or something. *blink* Way too much statistics courses when I was young...

They have been very very close to that in the past actually... about 6-8 months from the original announcement to the time they release it.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:

See I think there is a difference though between releasing a game like DOR which is basically three at one time, and releasing a game like the aforementioned Tottemo Pheromone, seeing it is a hit and then further testing the waters to see if people would be interested in playing the back story. I bet a lot of us would be even if we got a basic idea from the second game itself.

I wonder though if they had released both at once, like all three with DOR, if the first would have been as much of interest as it is perhaps now for saying we went back and played a back story.

November 12th, less then a month, but right in the heart of the Holiday season; though if you believe some of the major chain stores near me that is now with their decorations already up and it still being, at least where I am, 11 days before November.

It’ll be quite interesting what the response would be to releasing the previous prequals to this game. I kinda wanna see what tottemo pheremone’s prequal was like. I guess depending on how dated the CGs look it might not sell very well compared to the newer games with the nicer CGs. In any case Tsuku looks prettying nice, another fluf happy game.