Tsukushite Agechau 4 -I'm Gonna Serve You : Our Honeymo

I have played the jap version of this game and I can tell that there are unhappy endings for each girl because each girl has an unique problem you need to help them with.

I think that if you are truly interested in playing the prequel to see what happens more then looking for a game with the newest graphics, the older graphics would not matter in your interest to play the game.

I mean let’s face it what we consider to be the best of the best today will probably be outdated and old looking in maybe as long as 5 years perhaps less then that, so perhaps the CG thing, in general reasons to withhold prequels, is a bit harsh and unfair given how fast graphics look ‘better’ these days.

Granted the older CG might limit the market of the first time players but if many of those that have played the sequel,Tottemo Pheremone, are interested that is still a large market share and might be worth at least releasing a limited amount of and I know it is more then the production it costs a lot to translate and all, still I think if they sold to a lot of those that played the sequel alone they would do well.

DragonLord to which game do you refer to with the many unhappy endings? Tottemo Pheremone’s prequel or Tsukushite Agechau 4?

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 10-21-2003).]

They changed it… it Once said November 12th
it now says: OUR NEXT TITLE!
"Tsukushite Agechau 4"
Coming in November!!

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
They changed it... it Once said November 12th
it now says: OUR NEXT TITLE!
"Tsukushite Agechau 4"
Coming in November!!

Wow that was fast! About 4 am this morning on the East Coast of the US it still said November 12th. Wonder why they changed it and if we should fear another possible change to December.

Personally I glad that they are pushing it back, It’ll give me time to enjoy Cresendo and hopefully BS soon.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Wow that was fast! About 4 am this morning on the East Coast of the US it still said November 12th. Wonder why they changed it and if we should fear another possible change to December.

I guess it's all my fault that they changed the date it will be released!!! Because last night I sent them a message asking if they would really release the game on that date.

* whispers to self *

hehehe!!! my evil plans are working just as expected!!!!

quote:

I guess it's all my fault that they changed the date it will be released!!! Because last night I sent them a message asking if they would really release the game on that date.

* whispers to self *

hehehe!!! my evil plans are working just as expected!!!!

Sorry about the multiple messages, but I don’t know how that happened. I’m sure I clicked the submit reply button only once.

So does anyone know the story for the previous games in the series? Just curious actually. Hopefully G-Collections will give a brief blurb on it like they did with Tottemo.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
So does anyone know the story for the previous games in the series? Just curious actually. Hopefully G-Collections will give a brief blurb on it like they did with Tottemo.

The full story no, and this you may have gathered from the other game, but it seems a similar plot of the arrival, the need for help, the need to move on eventually or get magic energy for a spell but instead of the ending from the one we know, the hair changes color and the powers are lost because a different spell was cast, one that would allow 'Silk' to stay rather then be forced to move on, or that is what I gathered anyway from the first game, does anyone who may have played the Japanese verison know if this is a correct summary?

I think ekylo was asking about Tsuku as for you summary, I think it’s about right since we do get some refrences and backstory of the previous game from tottemo.

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
I think ekylo was asking about Tsuku [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] as for you summary, I think it's about right since we do get some refrences and backstory of the previous game from tottemo.

Ah okay, my error got confused, but I am glad I got the summary I gave correct.

Heh, yeah, I was asking about Tsuku. Sorry, I should have been a little more clear on that.

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
Umm but now you got me wondering, is the
first verson of the game any good?
Why did they just bring out the sequel?
I want more ** Silk ** Silk ** Silk **.

Between posts I actually talked to some people I know taking Japanese and of those that played it, all say from what little they could actually understand of the first version it is very good, and is well worth playing.

------------------
Anybody who knows everything should be told a thing or two. - Franklin P Jones

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
Umm but now you got me wondering, is the
first verson of the game any good?
Why did they just bring out the sequel?
I want more ** Silk ** Silk ** Silk **.

Probably because it's an older game. They probably wanted the nicer graphics of the sequal. Or they might have gotten burned releasing DO which was an older game and don't want to make that mistake again. I'm all for the older games as long as the graphics aren't too dated and the story is good. Ya know 256 colors doesn't look as good as it once did [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by wanfu2k1
[/QUOTE]Probably because it’s an older game. They probably wanted the nicer graphics of the sequal. Or they might have gotten burned releasing DO which was an older game and don’t want to make that mistake again. I’m all for the older games as long as the graphics aren’t too dated and the story is good. Ya know 256 colors doesn’t look as good as it once did [/QUOTE]

I think the problem is they are too fearful from DO, I honestly think other games that are prequels would sell better and graphics are nice to have modern, but like I said in a previous post, let’s face it what we think of as great today is already being made better and become outdated as we enjoy them, so to me there is no harm in the older graphics. I mean at least to me, provided a good story, don’t mind if it is 256 colors; as long as it does not go all the way back to the era of the sound effects of the earliest games which had white noise for crowds cheering, I have no problem with it and hope few others would if it were released.

------------------
Anybody who knows everything should be told a thing or two. - Franklin P Jones

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 10-23-2003).]

I agree with you about graphics - I don’t mind if a story’s told in black and white, if the story and characters are strong.

(Although it is odd going back to Season of the Sakura after playing more recent voiced games. SotS is still as good as it was, but I kinda miss the voices…)

However, I think it’s unfortunately a rather small number of people who’ll think the way we do. A number of the posters on this board will agree with you, but the proportion of bishoujo game buyers as a whole is small. Which unfortunately means the expected number of sales for older games would also be small

I just took a look at Trabulance’s info-pages for Majokko Silk and at least judging from the graphics, it didn’t look too much dated.

Perhaps, you want to take a look here yourself?

Of course, I still can’t say anything about the BGM, soundeffects and the quality of the voice-acting.
But I am pretty sure Majokko Silk is way beyond DOR regarding the story and character-development. On top of this, it even had animations.

But I fear there are other problems that can block the localization of older games than the bad reputation of DOR, as for example lost original sources and ressources.

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
I just took a look at Trabulance's info-pages for Majokko Silk and at least judging from the graphics, it didn't look too much dated.

Perhaps, you want to take a look here yourself?

Of course, I still can't say anything about the BGM, soundeffects and the quality of the voice-acting.
But I am pretty sure Majokko Silk is way beyond DOR regarding the story and character-development. On top of this, it even had animations.

But I fear there are other problems that can block the localization of older games than the bad reputation of DOR, as for example lost original sources and ressources.

What do you mean by lost of original sources? could they not make a new master copy off of an older copy that they might have or is that not what you meant by original sources?

As for resources, there is an old saying one of my professors once told me, when you truly want to have the resources for something you will have the resources for it, no matter where you must get them from to have them. So I think if they truly wanted to they could make this game. So the bigger question I have is what makes them not want to make it, since making it might be releasing an easier to translate and change over game then the new more complex ones?

That is also true those graphics don't look too bad, and you know I think to a point we have all been spoiled with voice acting. I don't dare compare an unknown to Kana expect to say in rare cases it seems none of us mind if there is no voice acting.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 10-24-2003).]

quote:
What do you mean by lost of original sources? could they not make a new master copy off of an older copy that they might have or is that not what you meant by original sources?

Sometimes they lose the original artwork, the code, stuff like that.

quote:

As for resources, there is an old saying one of my professors once told me, when you truly want to have the resources for something you will have the resources for it, no matter where you must get them from to have them. So I think if they truly wanted to they could make this game. So the bigger question I have is what makes them not want to make it, since making it might be releasing an easier to translate and change over game then the new more complex ones?

Resources are both on the Japan side and the local side. We're not really sure how G-Collections setup works but PeaPri for instance has certain parts (like artwork) done by resources of the original Japanese company. That's why there's been delays at times. The original companies resources were dedicated elsewhere rather than for helping get a translated version out.

Also, licensing in Japan isn't always as straightforward and that could also prevent a game from coming over. For instance, the license for producing the game could be held by one company but another company could hold the license to the artwork. In that case, both would need to be worked out before an overseas license can be put together.