Unofficial English Translations Discussion

2. Yandere has started work on Majikoi. If you don’t own it already (WHY?) I’d wait for a bit, just in case a C&D comes along.

YAY!! YAY!!!

The funniest thing I’ve found with the game from what I’ve seen on nicovideo so far is that there’s apparently an omake that contains NOTHING BUT voice actor/actress allusions. One scene even involves characters whose voice actors/actresses voiced 3 major characters from Zeta Gundam (Kamille Bidan, Char Aznable, and Reccoa Londe). The first scene in that videos even makes reference to the Zeta Gundam movies, where Momoyo’s voice actress (Yuu Asakawa) replaced the original voice actress for Rosamia (forgot her last name).

I’ve got a small Tsukihime question, not important enough to start a separate thread.

Just started playing the game, and I feel like finishing it without a walkthrough, but I just gotta know - is it branching, one-ending or chapter-based like Fate/Stay Night? I don’t want to repeat the mistake of the latter, when I tried to go after Rin in the first chapter without realizing that it’s a Saber-centric story.

Please answer in a non-spoilerific manner, thanks! :smiley:

It is branching. There are five routes, two of which are available from the start. Completing either of the first two routes unlocks another two routes and completing the first of the latter two routes unlocks the fifth and final route.

Multi-routes, multi-endings, free chapter-based, so you can complete the girls’ routes in any order. However, there’s a very highly recommended route order, to maximize enjoyment of the game. You’ve been warned!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

This part can’t be stressed enough. Unfortunately for me, I had to give the game back to the guy I borrowed it from before I played the fifth and final route. :frowning:

Oh well, you can always wait for the remake. I’m hoping it’ll be totally rewritten, too, so I won’t have to read ~2000-era Nasu again.

As long as Nasu asks someone other than him to (re)write the sex scenes… :wink:

Wait… they are going to remake Tsukihime?

I believe they announced a while back that they were going to remake it. Of course I haven’t heard an ounce of official news about it since then so…

April 2008 or so. They put on its page back in June 2008.

Just tsukihime from what i’ve heard, not any of the fan discs.

No. Way. I mean, chances are they’ll make it all-ages anyway, but if the remake does contain H scenes, I want them written by Nasu. It’s not always I get to roll over laughing during a H scene.

Aoi Shiro can now be purchased from soft.dlsite for 3570 yen. 5498.26mb download (is the Windows version anywhere near that size?), split into 8 parts + serial number required for activation.

http://www.nnl1.com/

NNL in discussion with minori.

Is this a legitimate attempt at negotiation, or is minori pursuing legal action as they speak (Japanese providers of anime RAWs have seen jail time, and NNL is certainly guilty of illegally distributing ef)? We know they intend to lure negotiating parties to Japan, where it would be unsafe for NNL.

On http://www.minori.ph/ It seems they’ll announce something on the 21st. I don’t know if it will be good news or bad news though.

I doubt these “discussions” have anything to do with licensing/translation negotiations. After all, NNL is just a fansubbing group. It’s not like they’re a company with the funds to purchase licenses.

Now this is more interesting: http://novelnews.net/2010/07/08/front-w … t-ax-2010/

Overflow, developer of School Days, appears to be interested in the English market. Furthermore, they cited a preference for working with fan translators as opposed to licensing companies. On top of that, they appear to be in discussion with Sekai Project, the fan translation group working on School Days. As they said they develop their games with an engine that permits multilingual input, and the translation itself was the main technical barrier, there’s a very good chance the two could end up working together to produce an official localization.

It’s old news, but it is pretty nice that they actually do want to work with fan translators. They probably should’ve given out modkits and SDKs of their games so the fans could have an easier time patching their game though. From what I can recall, it took Sekai Project nearly two years to crack School Days and create subs for chapter 1.

Devils Devel Concept is the next game that is getting treats about being patched
http://www.sanityends.com/node/59

The first reason given there is interesting:

In other words, “We don’t want Westerners playing our games because it could potentially cause us trouble.” At least they’re honest about it. Although, I’m surprised they didn’t add “we don’t condone others illegitimately profiting off our work”.

In any case, looks like the translator has decided to go underground with future translations. I suppose that’s a decent compromise; it limits exposure to hardcore followers and avoids attention–not altogether unlike how the Japanese companies themselves have responded.