Unreleased Eroge

I thought this could be an interesting subject for games doomed to never be released.
http://i.imgur.com/vOl8Fwm.jpg
Other games include: TearMail, Nubatama no Nue, that Propellor game, and MoonChilde.

What about games that had some drastic change at some point in development? Like Fate/Prototype. Also, last I heard of Girls’ Work is that it became an anime.

About Makki, Shoujobyou. What I’ve read from the pamphlets and such that can be found don’t seem to play much a denpa aspect, if it exists at all; just a heavy, heavy utsu atmosphere. There are though some weird bits; and in any case the titular Shoujobyou doesn’t appear at all in any material, and I’d guess she’d have some relevance. I’d also want to know the hell Natane is doing there.

blasterhead.jpg

Edit: yeah, that’s fine too.

Going from left to right, top to bottom:

Conquistador - I have never even heard of this before. ???
Girl’s Work - like Mazyrian says, it’s become an anime, which means it is dead to me, so it’s the same thing =P
Taiyou no Ko - I think it’s still too early to call this dead. It’s only been a bit over a year with no updates. You’ve gotta give it longer than that!
Makki, Shoujobyou - I STILL WANT TO BELIEVE~ It seems like Orochi has written it already, my thoughts are that he just took longer than planned and the rest of the development is taking place. Who knows how long that’s taking.
Reichou Ryuuri Occultum - Now, the only clue that this could possibly still be alive was the announcement from Minatosoft that Tanaka Romeo and Matsuryuu were collaborating on a game. Doesn’t mean it’s this one and I remember thinking at the time, in fact, that this likely meant Occultum was dead.
3APR Zarya - I’ve never heard of this either
DoguraQ - Yeah, pretty sure this one is dead
Sakura no Uta - sca-ji keeps mentioning this thing as a project in development and it’s infuriating!

Anyway, here’s some others:
Mystereet 2 - :frowning:
Otome Function - oh boy
EDEN: Saishuu Sensou Shoujo Densetsu - I’m going to give up on this one if he doesn’t present a trial at the next ket. Real shame, there’s so much to like about it
Elfen Blaze - remember, age, 17.3mb script? I guess making a game with a script that large would take some time… and age have never been much on posting updates, so this one might not be dead yet
Omakase: Trouble Tenshi - ahahahahahahahahahahaha
D.C. ZERO - Unless I see otherwise, I’m going to assume this became DC III
8665^3 - I don’t think RUNE exists in any form capable of putting production work into a game any more
Erica - Like EDEN, this is a doujin game - this one by doujin circle Moviendo. This was actually one of the first titles they were working on and they’ve released a ton of stuff since, but no Erica…
Black and White - Given how long Jellyfish takes to make anything, this could feasibly still be alive.
True Color - think this was renamed Second Novel and released on PSP.
Saimin Yuugi - i wanttt it :frowning:
HSD24 - The website still says ‘la’cryma next project’ but I think this was announced before Fortissimo. It may have even become Fortissimo - although the character designs are a bit different.
Shoot the Novelist - another doujin game. quite a lot to like about this one, it was going to be released as a multi-chapter title but in the end only the first part was released (and it is extremely short)
Deep onE - another doujin game. a fate/stay night clone, but probably one of the better fate/stay night clones I’ve seen. I was honestly looking forward to this one
Supipara STORY #02 - When chapter #01 doesn’t sell, you typically don’t make #02, #03 and #04. See also: Oujou Ibun

Makki, Shoujobyou: I think it was last year that seiyuus for the characters were mentioned, so some kind of development should be taking place?
Elfen Blaze: what do you even do with 17.3 mb of script? How many pages is even that? Not even the whole Song of Ice and Fire must have so much
DCZERO: I had read a post by relentlessflame that the team of DCZ went to DCIII (which lost its team?), so it’d seem that yes, basically that happened

The guy writing it (who wrote Masaru and later Artemis Blue and Sousei Kitan Aerials) posted on his blog after that ridiculous figure was announced some explanation as to why it wasn’t as insane a figure as it looked. Too lazy to look it up, but I recall:

• It’s not text, it’s script, and for some titles the scripting commands can add a decent amount of overhead
  • apparently there’s a lot of choices and potential paths, with some level of duplication involved

It’s still an utterly insane size, though.

Seems that way. DC III was going to be a sequel, but then it became a prequel and the already-announced prequel (DC ZERO) silently disappeared…

DCIII is actually both sequel and prequel; guess the bit in present time (basically the prologue) is what was left from the original DCIII plan (and maybe the characters in both times became the same when both games became one?)

According to VNDB a game called Saimin Yuugi was released.

Whoa. It’s the Saimin Yuugi I was thinking of, too- looks like Octopus found a studio for it instead of releasing it under #define. I’m a bit apprehensive about this game, though; I assumed it would basically be another title in the same spirit as Saimin Jikken but the advertising doesn’t really suggest that… who knows though. Its EGS score isn’t exactly bad, but it looks kinda nukige-ish.

also, the Deep onE website has a recent update saying it’ll be out this year.

Edit: Maybe DoguraQ is Nitro+'s next game???

Since I’m guessing DoguraQ has no relation to Dogra Magra I’m less interested than what I could be

Whatever happened to ABHAR Rousalka’s Mahonyo? It was listed on getchu for months. And now there’s a new title by a different company with the exact same character designs.

I suspect what happened is exactly what you’re thinking. ABHAR went bankrupt and the developers continued elsewhere. Mahonyo became LOVE&PISS and Boku no Ikiteiru Sekai became Ushina Wareta Mirai wo Motomete.

Another game that will never exist: Kizuato 2.
According to wikipedia, Takahashi had plans to continue the game, and maybe make it kind of his life work; the characters were also made thinking in a series (and indeed, Hatsune route leaves a big sequel hook). However, in the end he and Minazuki left Leaf and the idea (it wasn’t really a plan at that point) didn’t go anywhere.
Some points:
The setting would have moved from the rural town to the night of the city, from summer to winter
Concept: Oni vs man made Oni
Multiple start: each route would follow one of the routes of the original (maybe like the Galaxy Angel games do, only not sucky)
New heroine: meganekko Saki, around whom the first half of the game turns.

All this makes me think a bit on the also probably never existing Tsukihime 2. Maybe it would have become full chuu2.

Damn, that would have been neat. Those PLAYM games weren’t really the right sendoff for those two. At least Leaf is respectful enough to not give those games a sequel in the vein of Suigetsu 2 or Suika Niritsu or Konakana2* (unless TH2 counts, but I’ve never thought of it like that. Shares at least one writer anyway.) I’ve had nightmares where I saw an update about a ? -?- and I looked at it and it said ??? ??? or something like that.

*I believe looseboy used the term ‘???’ to describe games like that. ironically using it to say Kourin no Machi wasn’t one. (it was)

I’m guessing the Rikka scenario in the 2009 version doesn’t count because is not a full fledged sequel.

And it seems I made a right choice never playing Suika Niritsu.

Yeah, and I didn’t really mind it. At least, I don’t think I did. I remember some of the sillier scenes in that route but don’t remember feeling that it was either strong or weak, just maybe a bit out of place.

BTW, have you tried the PLAYM games? How are they? (I’m guessing not too impressive).

Looking at IRC logs, it seems I was fine with the Rikka route, although a little amused about how much longer than the other routes it was. Kizuato was a very concise eroge. The Shizuku remake it came with did not hold up at all, though. I’m actually a bit confused as to why I don’t like it at all because they didn’t change anything much really (apart from throwing in some silly text censorship) - maybe it’s more that the new modern look of the game doesn’t match with the very ‘traditional’ story style.

I’ve played some of Reinana but never came back to it. If there’s a decent story hiding in there, it’s behind awful SIM gameplay and I pretty much put it in the pile of eroges I’m probably not going to get to again.

I’ve not played Realise. It’s supposed to be much better but who knows.

That’s the word I was looking for. There wasn’t any waste in the main game, and the plot, and how it was distributed between routes, were very well thought off (it may have the best route structure I’ve seen). In contrast, Rikka route is longer, and feels like a bad sequel of a movie, with new enemies that are far stronger for no good reason.

After playing them I had actually read a review that also considered the original Shizuku better; I didn’t like it very much, but maybe I should try the original at some point. And also go directly for Ruriko’s route (which I think is possible? I’m not entirely sure if Shizuku has locked routes); in the end the other two ones don’t add much more than just breaking the flow.