"Virgin Roster -Shukketsubo-" 19th

Ok, im now going to admit to purchasing this title… i will prolly do so, because i heard it does have some normal endings… and that i feel a need to keep the producing company in buisness…

however… 1 days notice is an EVIL thing… i saw a ship date of the 20th on rightstuf… but you know how that goes… so im amazed this is coming out so soon.

Aaaahhh!

Roasted virgins, anyone?

This might be one title I will probably pass on. I have seen the jap version and from what I remember from it. It is worse than Tsuki. There is no redeeming quality to the main character.
I do wish that G-C would have chosen a newer Zyx title.

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
Ok, im now going to admit to purchasing this title... i will prolly do so, because i heard it does have some normal endings... and that i feel a need to keep the producing company in buisness...
I feel a need to boycott this title in order to tell the producing company that rape/insult games are not welcome [by me, at least].
quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
I feel a need to boycott this title in order to tell the producing company that rape/insult games are not welcome [by me, at least].[/B]

I do think it's somewhat counter-productive to support the type of games you wish there were less of, although I can understand the conflict of wanting to support G-Collections at the same time. However, I think that Shukketsubo is going to sell pretty handsomely regardless, so I don't feel too guilty about saving my $50.

Sigh. It's a shame as I love ZyX artwork. Guess I'll have to wait until the almost-inevitable Horny Bunnies 2 for my ZyX fix [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Well crap they would release it right before i go on vacation guess I won’t be getting this till at least after christmas.

This is one game I am very disappointed in their releasing for many reasons, perhaps the least of which is it ends a good run of games being released back to back.

but there are people out there who likes this kind of games…
you should give them a chance…

me? no… i pass… i’m more a snow drop/crescendo kind of player… more plots… i need a really good story…

[/QUOTE] I feel a need to boycott this title in order to tell the producing company that rape/insult games are not welcome [by me, at least].[/QUOTE]

well from what i learned in buisness class, to boycott a companys product, the company has to stay in buisness so you can continue to boycott the product ( i totally screwed this saying up but somehow i feel you get what i mean)
Anyway, we want g-collections to keep making games, and the only way they can do that is if they remain in buisness, so what if every 8 months they release a game not everyone wants… its the other 5-6 games they release we want em to be in buisness for. and if you dont buy their titles, they cant make more.

Well in the long run I prefer to support any game that gets translated over. I currently own a copy of every english B-game, Even the ones I really dont like, And yes I have already ordered Shukketsubo. I have to agree that I prefer non-rape games And I wont probably play this one anytime soon. But for the same reason I bought it as I bought water closet and Tsuki-Possesion, Even If I dont like the subjects I can still support the companies and the industry. Still I can understand From a $ issue If It comes to one which your going to enjoy alot playing or just one to support I would but the enjoyment one first. But I would still try and get them both when I could

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Roasted virgins, anyone? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I still say "virgin rooster" would be an interesting title... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

At least they announced Bunny 2 and I can definitely look forward to that title. (I really liked the first one, leave me alone already...)

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
well from what i learned in buisness class, to boycott a companys product, the company has to stay in buisness so you can continue to boycott the product.
Your reasoning is based on a false premise, namely that failure of this title is going to drive the company out of business. On the contrary, exercising your discretion as a consumer is the best way to insure that a company continues to offer the products you want to buy. Buying games you don't like encourages the company to release titles indiscriminately.

If you really believe GC is in such desperate financial need, why not buy an extra copy of a title you like and give it to a friend who hasn't tried b-games? That way you send the right message as a consumer and recruit a potential new customer.

quote:
Originally posted by Sandalphon:
but there are people out there who likes this kind of games..
you should give them a chance..

me? no.. i pass.. i'm more a snow drop/crescendo kind of player.. more plots.. i need a really good story..

That is why I merely say I am disappointed in their releasing this type of game and not suggesting they were wrong to release it.

I also agree, obviously I will pass, and go more into the Kana or Crescendo style plots were nothing is forced.

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
[QUOTE]

If you really believe GC is in such desperate financial need, why not buy an extra copy of a title you like and give it to a friend who hasn't tried b-games? That way you send the right message as a consumer and recruit a potential new customer.

Trust me... if i could afford to do so.. i would, and im betting they arnt as well off as some might believe they are.

see i can afford 1-2 games a month... so if i know one is coming i can work that in...
if i had enough money to buy one for a friend, i would love to do so... however One i can afford

We’re posting Virgin Roster to the site right now.

I’ve finished the game. I know have to take a shower for a whole week continuously to get all the filth off of me.

I thought Tsuki was bad. Brainwashing, Domination and Rape, that’s all there is to this game. The main character has no redeemable qualities about him. If you’re not into this type of game, (Nandemonai, Ladyphoenix) then stay away from it.

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
If you're not into this type of game, (Nandemonai, Ladyphoenix) then stay away from it.

I'm pretty sure they've stayed away from it already. My copy has still yet to arrive, and unlike most other titles, that doesn't bother me one bit. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

I thought I read in the Dave’s posts in the GC forums commenting on how the story has depth & is better than Tsuki!?

I think I need to gather more feedback then.

quote:
Originally posted by Angry Gamer:
I thought I read in the Dave's posts in the GC forums commenting on how the story has depth & is better than Tsuki!?

I think I need to gather more feedback then. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

It actually does have more depth than Tsuki on the characterization front, and it gets into the mental anguish of the female characters as they are broken to become Kengo's sex slaves. It's just that this type of game really creeps me out and is disturbing to me. Also I was really disappointed that unlike Sensei 2, there is absolutely no chance of failure to get an ending with a girl. (Not that I personally would call any of them a good ending.)
Dave makes this comment on the G-Collection Boards...

quote:
Well, I said that Kiyoka-chan probably has the best story, overall... and yes, her ending is a good ending. So is Tomo-sensei's... although some people might not care for her personality. However, her ending makes sense if one accepts her "hidden" personality that is brought out. Yuki-chan has good endings... sort of. I liked her ending with Saki-sensei okay, but her ending with Shinobu-chan was not my style... although Shinobu isn't my type, anyway, so that's a lot of the reason why. Shinobu-chan has a reasonable ending, but I don't know that you'd call it "good" exactly.

I personally didn't feel any of them were good endings. To me a good ending is where the two characters love each other and are together because they want to be in the relationship and are more or less equals, not because they've been raped, and mentally abused until their will is broken and their "hidden" personality traits come out.

But then again that's just me.

I don’t know if boycotting this game will drive GC out of business, but these companies do respond to the market. XC was not expected to be a huge hit, but PP reacted quickly to get XC2 moved up the priority ladder. The same thing occured with Kango and Kango2, and it is probably happening again with Horny Bunny 2.

The problem is that the reason that this game was released is because Sensei2 and Tsuki both sold well. This game was released because there is a market for this stuff.