Visitors......clam down

if you can…try to change people’s point of view…

[This message has been edited by tryo_kane (edited 09-27-2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by tryo_kane:
I just meant to say...don't scare off people that come into these forums....no matter whether they're against or for pirate....distribute or exchange...remember...customers are your assets as well...now and those that may intend to join u, they may not buy every game that is produce(and even distribute or trade)but they hold perspective not as of just buying power, they also are changing other people's view...
I have heard one post on palladium...saying that there is no people against company....there is only company against company...to think about it as true..pirators they themselves are a company....consisting of manufacting so on....I'm not going to agrue about they're good....I'm just going to say...do not aim against people....if they're for pirate and you're against them, change their views.......oh well....I may just get a lock up again

My first game I ever got was a copy. Mostly because I had no idea where to get them. We're trying to get beyond this problem. We do this by buying games legally, spreading the word about them, and encouraging businesses to offer them. The guy who borrowed a game from a friend because he couldn't afford anymore games is not the problem. Its the guy selling illegal copies on ebay. Its also the guy playing all the games and never paying for any of it.

What he said. Besides, if I may ask you one thing, Tryo… how many pirates you know have ever brought a game they downloaded? Very, very, very few, I’d say. Most who download it would think like “What? Why should I buy it, when i alreday have it here, on my computer?”. That’s why the argument “Pirating brings more customers and supporters of the genre!” that often is used by pirates is very weak and untrue; Of about 100 people who pirate a game, I’d say that only 1-2 people more or less of those actually decides to buy the game. And most of those who pirated it will still keep the game on their computer, playing it like it was their own…

restricted content…

did I mixed up the meaning of passive ^^;

…please don’t make me ban another thread…

not going too…

tryo_kane you’re not supposed to get into things like how to pirate a game on this board. The resaons for this are pretty self explanatory. Also, some of your justifications may be true for things like fansubs used to be for anime to “generate interest”. However, a pirate copy of a licensed game like Kana is a blatant attack on the interests of legitimate business. This kind of illegal activity hurts us the gamers in the end from getting futures domestic releases.

I know one very important reason
cause I have seen one forum overturned by someone…who basically has a lot of time to spam the forums…with…whatsoever…people just ignore the forum and go somewhere else…
I’ll just stop at this point…

ok…promised not to talk with it anymore…take it to my email tryo_kane@yahoo.com
I’ll explain…

oh yea…I hate to be like that as well…all these talks don’t turn people against hatred about against peace…I’m to blame for that lolz…oh yea…I have edited all the posts…

quote:
Originally posted by tabris17:
My first game I ever got was a copy. Mostly because I had no idea where to get them. We're trying to get beyond this problem. We do this by buying games legally, spreading the word about them, and encouraging businesses to offer them. The guy who borrowed a game from a friend because he couldn't afford anymore games is not the problem. Its the guy selling illegal copies on ebay. Its also the guy playing all the games and never paying for any of it.

I still regret not buying Nocturnal Illusion when I had the chance. That was a good game worthy of my money. Of course, I didn't really *have* enough then to make a purchase, and now that I do it's out of print. But it's the principle of the thing. I buy it because there's no good reason to steal it.

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
What he said. Besides, if I may ask you one thing, Tryo... how many pirates you know have ever brought a game they downloaded? Very, very, very few, I'd say. Most who download it would think like "What? Why should I buy it, when i alreday have it here, on my computer?". That's why the argument "Pirating brings more customers and supporters of the genre!" that often is used by pirates is very weak and untrue; Of about 100 people who pirate a game, I'd say that only 1-2 people more or less of those actually decides to buy the game. And most of those who pirated it will still keep the game on their computer, playing it like it was their own...

I did. And I also am going back and buying all the anime I have fullylegalbackupcopies of. But I totally acknowledge that I am the exception.

Fansubs are a different matter, because there is at least the "well, it's not available now and may never be, so what's the problem?" defense. But even fansubbing now is much less defensible than it may have been in the past because so much more is being licensed. That doesn't stop me from downloading the shows, though, because even though I'm buying them I can get them sometimes years ahead of time.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
I did. And I also am going back and buying all the anime I have fullylegalbackupcopies of. But I totally acknowledge that I am the exception.

Fansubs are a different matter, because there is at least the "well, it's not available now and may never be, so what's the problem?" defense. But even fansubbing now is much less defensible than it may have been in the past because so much more is being licensed. That doesn't stop me from downloading the shows, though, because even though I'm buying them I can get them sometimes years ahead of time.

I agree, I should emphasize fansubs "used" to be justified to generate interest. Originally what got a lot of companies to do the professional imports were the interest seen by the fansubs. Most of the good titles are now released in English. I like to see the new fansubs in anime clubs to get an idea of what is coming out. However, one thing I don't like are the bootleggers making a buck on what is supposed to be "fan" work. They make me question the notion of fansubs being around anymore.

quote:

No need to feel bad about it. When I first tried a game I had no idea where to get the games since its difficult to find them in stores. I made a copy simply because I had no clue where else to go. Now I know better. I try to support the industry as best I can. When I became a dealer I also decided to support the industry by offering the games to my customers.

quote:

Well, I think most of the people here are exceptions; Before I came to PP, I did download some games, and I also got quite a lot of fansubs... Nowadays, however, is another matter [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]. I'm buying both anime and bishoujo games legaly [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img].

On the subject of fansubs, I'm a little hesitant on that subect; Fansubs may be kinda useless nowadays, since most of the shows get licensed sooner or later anyway. Exceptions does exist, through.

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 09-28-2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by tabris17:
I agree, I should emphasize fansubs "used" to be justified to generate interest. Originally what got a lot of companies to do the professional imports were the interest seen by the fansubs. Most of the good titles are now released in English. I like to see the new fansubs in anime clubs to get an idea of what is coming out. However, one thing I don't like are the bootleggers making a buck on what is supposed to be "fan" work. They make me question the notion of fansubs being around anymore.

Yes, that is just piracy, pure and simple. I have no respect for such people.

While I acknowledge that, on a personal level and done via "friend-to-friend", piracy is fairly benign as long as it is limited...I have no respect for people who commercially exploit their flouting of other people's work. God, I saw fansubs of End of Evangelion going for obscene amounts of money on eBay. And I admit, it was large enough that I was actually tempted. For about five seconds. But that's just evil.

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
On the subject of fansubs, I'm a little hesitant on that subect; Fansubs may be kinda useless nowadays, since most of the shows get licensed sooner or later anyway. Exceptions does exist, through.

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 09-28-2002).]

One, not EVERYthing gets licensed. Take a very odd movie by the name of Angel's Egg, for instance.

Two, fansubs serve another purpose: reverse time shifting. Time shifting being recording a show when it is broadcast to watch it later, fansubs are good for watching the show before you buy it. Assuming that you do, in fact, follow through and actually buy the show, there's nothing unethical about this. And you can get shows far far quicker. I can't imagine not having the Inu Yasha subs. Inu Yasha kicks ass, and I've had the fansubs for close to 2 years now.

anyone actually has reports on a country/states spenditure?

oh yea…I browsed through the news…
and noted that it’s natural for people to defend for themselves, justifying their actions…even…prime ministers…
they’re thoughtful about their names…and actually sues an international news agency when some editor or reporter “slanders” his name…but comparing them to us…it’s a little out of the question ^^;
I’m ready to hear everything
Still I have one question…
what ingredients make the best game?