visual novel.net peter payne interview

I will agree with Dragon Knight 3 (Well, i’m a Dragon Knight Fan anyway so… :stuck_out_tongue: )… but, come one, Brave Soul is a Crap, a game made with RPG Maker with really poor 3D Iso and freaking crappy gameplay, far worse than Raidy.

I played Raidy just long enough to hate it, I don’t even know what I did with the box. Certainly never got past level 2. Hate hate hate hate. The only good thing in it was the art, but that wasn’t enough to suffer through playing it!

I got at least three endings for Brave Soul, although I’m sure I didn’t finish all the girls.

Brave Soul’s sprites aren’t as animated as they could be, this is true, and the visual effects are lacking. I’ve seen RPGMaker games do better. But it was fun to play.

i bought the dl version of raidy i liked it okay but would get lost alot

I agree with every word.

Oh well, you named three of my most favourite game series. As bad as it was, Raidy DID remind me of those good old times when you had to draw your own map on paper when playing the game. But it’s not that much fun anymore.

Disipline made it to the top 10 list :lol:

And just adding a bit of fuel. The interview said that There is probably not going to be Raidy 3, despite them offering some initial money for development (Not that I am a big fan of Raidy). Does this mean that ZyX is also gonna be dead? I figure that D.O is dead (Such a shame), but does this mean that they are on a hiatus, or does this mean they are never, ever going to release another title?

ZyX (like the rest of CD Bros) is dormant.

Never say never, though, because eroge companies have been known to arise again after being dormant for some time, sometimes nearly ten years (TOPCAT, for example).

However, I think the chance of ZyX never ever releasing another title is more than 50%. The chance of part of CD Bros coming back in some form or another is better, though.

So, Raidy III? Maybe in 2020 or so. =P (but probably not)

The company or the personnel? The brand may be on hiatus, but the staff isn’t going to stick around either way (i.e. likely downsized). They move elsewhere within the industry or exit altogether.

There’re quite a few ex-ZyX/CD Bros/D.O. groups out there.

It seems that the main company (established in 1987 as Studio Panther) finally spun off the majority of their operations. They changed their name from Interlex to Interlex Core and are apparently focused on marketing their “Princess Sonar” anti-malware package.

Everything else is under a new company (focused on DRM/digital distribution solutions, at least on the surface) taking on the old name, Interlex.

The main writer of The Sagara Family is around making great games. And I mean seriously great games. Not ones to play for ero at all, though, and they’re also a headache to read thanks to kanji abuse, small text and elaborate descriptions.