VN Music and Remixes

Didn’t see a topic on “english bishoujo” music or about remixes…

So, here’s an excuse to reminisce about old games, or check out new ones; beginning with their music.
Discuss anything related, or share favorite tracks.

Brave Soul remixes :
VERTE AILE, T02: Brave Soul “Fly for the dream” (loud)

• Track 01 A CD remix of the opening… I’m tempted to try replacing it with the original video, or apply the … lyrics ontop of it xD

Brave Soul OST - Dungeons (Mixed version) - Track 11 (quiet)

• Track 11 Shameless plug, I posted this one for a request. It’s not really a remix, more of a mod.

Acid Vision - Brave Soul Tune 1 (Goblin Mix) (loud)

• Track 07 A “goblin” remix! I like this one.

List of games with the best BGM(IMO):
Yu-no
ef
Subarashiki Hibi
Oretsuba
Jisatsu no Tame no 101 no Houhou(Awesome enough that I bought the soundtrack)
Desire
Eve Burst Error
Xenon
WA2

Awesome but not top-tier:
Rewrite
H2o
Killer Queen

Best vocal pieces:
ef
Subarashiki Hibi
Oretsuba
H2o
Saihate no Ima
G Senjou no Maou
Saya no Uta
Teninai

memorable vocal tracks:
Suika
Dies Irae
Da Capo
Kitto, Sumiwataru Asairo Yori mo,

Best composers:
Tenmon
Yet11
That guy who did the Subahibi soundtrack
That guy who did the Oretsuba soundtrack
Ryu Umemoto ;_;

I think Tenshi no Tamago has a really good soundtrack, although it doesn’t have many tunes.

Mahoutsukai no Yoru also seems to have a good soundtrack, but having not played it I won’t comment because a soundtrack is only as good as it is used.

Saya no Uta and Sekien no Inganock had some of the ones I found most memorable. I remember Gin’iro having a very fitting track also, but it’s been a while.
As for vocal pieces, MLA’s Asu e no Houkou beats everything. Other pieces I liked are Chaos;Head’s Find the Blue, and many Da Capo songs.

Mmmm, those are solid titles. Not sure where to start!

YU-NO - Track 21 <3

• Love this peaceful track. (original song)

YU-NO OST - ?? (Temple) [DnB Remix]

• YU-NO REMIX!

YU-NO OST - Imperial Capital(??) [DnB Remix]

• Not too bad…

Was forgetting Kusarihime! So, well, Kusarihime. It has very memorable tracks (I especially like ???)

The only one that really sticks out for me is Nocturnal Illusion / Mugen no Yasoyoku. Can’t believe no one mentioned it yet.

Vocalist:

Hitomi Harada (Sounds great live and a strong voice)
Monet (A lot of relaxing stuff)
Rita (Her stuff has incredible variety)
yozuca*
hana
Miyuki Hashimoto
Aki Misato

Other mentions:

Yuria
Ceui
Haruna Ikeda

Did I miss anyone?

I like Duca quite a bit.

I also like KOTOKO but not so much for her eroge songs (except for Boundary Line)

Any recommended Duca songs?

Yumemishi OP (especially this)
Garden OP
Purely OP
Natsu no Ame OP

Oh, nice stuff. I like the OP for Garden the most.

Another great singer is the gal who does most of the Nitro+ stuff.

So I’ve asked a few people on IRC and it seems like no one else likes Hitomi Harada. :frowning:

I think she has a pretty nice vocal range,imho

I don’t dislike her as much as a lot of people seem to, but I can’t call myself a fan; I prefer the instrumental version of every themesong she does (except Feel Coming Spring) =P

Why is that? Btw, EGS has her listed on the new Minori game.

The higher notes in her vocal range grate on me and I find them somewhat unpleasant. The lower stuff is nice and I wish she stuck to it more.

That’s actually the opposite of me. I totally dig the stronger voice.

Edit: Looks like ??? doesn’t have an animated OP. It’s still quite pretty though.

Yeah. minori animated OPs are an extravagance and while they’re struggling financially you can expect them to cut back. Natsuzora no Perseus is a potboiler as minori basically admitted, so this makes sense.

The saddest thing is the way they marketed the game. Poor Minori.

A lot of people are complaining about the chest sizes but they look normal to me(by eroge standards). The chest sizes certainly can’t be compared to the new WAB game~

Edit: EGS comments(lol google translate) suggest that the game is 8-13 hours long. I guess that’s also to be expected.
It also looks like there’s some digital ero manga included with the LE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fzSL9nhbxI&hd=1

Op was finally posted.