vox populi prof. cherry

I’m thinking of getting Amorous Professor Cheri, and I’m soliciting comments–spoilers welcome.

One thing I’ve (overwhelmingly) heard is that the enjoyability of the game is pretty much directly based on how much you like Chieri - apparently the other heroines don’t get too much screentime.

As Lancer-X said, you’re gonna enjoy this game the most if you like Cherry. The game itself is an average sexromp (average for the english market, at least), so you know what you should expect. Oddly enough, the only girl with a little backstory (the main character’s classmate, I don’t remember the name) is the girl that gets the less h-events.

I know this might incur the wrath of Peter… but to be honest… I didn’t like it. You’re getting this because you want Chieri. That’s it.

Story? Music? Gameplay? Forget it. It’s all about Chieri, Chieri, and Chieri.

No… they’re not triplets. :wink:

What are your opinions about eroge that focus entirely on one fetish type? That pretty much will shape how you fell about this one. In this particular case, it’s a sensei fetish, more or less. Of course you can sex two other girls as well… but they take a total backseat to the lov’in Chieri gets.

So the only thing you gotta ask yourself is: How much to I like Chieri or sensei themed ero?

One of the least enjoyable sexromps I’ve played, but then again, it was drawn by my least favorite artist.

Sendorikun sucks.

Not a fan of Masahiro Yamane, eh? :slight_smile:

I liked his ZyX style artwork, but after he “graduated” to mainstream anime, he lost me as a fan. Despite rumors, he can still draw in his old style - some of the artbooks to his recent projects reveals this - but he prefers his new anime style over the old galge style. I hate his anime style.

Regardless of which style however, he’s one of those artists who can only draw six faces. :stuck_out_tongue:

None of this is very encouraging, I must say.

Well I did decide to finally buy it a while back, mainly just because I urged for something new, and I must admit I’ve never used the skip button that much… It really did feel like buying fireworks (it was pretty for a short while, but then it was over). I found it incredible boring due to this, as a sex-romp I would have thought it would cover a few more fetishes then it actually did. But all in all it just felt like repeating the same old over and over again.

It wasn’t that I hated Chieri or anything, it just that felt tedious for the majority of the time… I did finally end up playing it through without the skip button, but it really didn’t feel like I got value for the money this time around… But well, you’re bound to get disappointed every once in a while. : /

While I don’t think the game is quite as bad as I initially stated after playing through it the first time, it still ranks as my least favorite game in my collection I think. You might be interested in this video review.

Okay, the people have spoken. I decided to get Yin Yang, instead.

Definitely a better purchase :stuck_out_tongue: support the translation for more CROWD games!

i enjoyed it but i really don’t like game that pretty much are based around one heroine

I do, but it has to be the right kind of heroine - some of my favourite eroges are essentially single-heroine games. She has to be a really good heroine though.

It’s not as bad as most people make it out to be. I think it’s at least okay. WAY better than shit like Horny Bunnies… >_>

I think it was a good decision, although I haven’t played Ying Yang… ~_~

I’m playing it at the moment (it sold for 999? on game999 so I thought, what the heck). I’m currently sort of hating it =P

Well, I went ahead and got Yin Yang, like I said. It’s got a few bugs, but at least gives me the option of playing my game in full screen mode without crashing my computer–which I find a charming innovation in a game from PP. The first thing about the story that I noticed was that there a lots more male voices on the sound track than I’m used to, and I can’t figure out what the heck they’re saying. Ever notice how different Japanese sounds when men speak it? It’s like a foreign language.

Er, to be honest, no, I haven’t noticed that; I’ve never really had a problem with comprehension in listening to male voices vs female voices, even if I far prefer the latter.

Also, Cherry still has a flaw in the scene unlock room where one memory will never be unlocked. Using the Japanese save game file fixes this, but really, not much of an excuse for a major flaw that really should have been spotted in playtesting.

Still no patch for it either, despite the flaw being admitted to by the company.

Yin-Yang is a high-quality investment. No bugs or censorship as far as I know. Quality translation, which is rare. Lots of replay value.

Also, buying it MIGHT convince them to translate X-Change Alternative 2 or, better yet, 3 methods to conquer the world, which I REALLY want.

Actually, Yin Yang was the only JAST-released game that repeatedly crashed on me in the latter stages. It could be my system’s fault, but no other games had any problems whatsoever.