What about the *good* games?

All of a sudden this degenerated into a discussion over 2D and 3D. “The Grass is always greener on the other side” as they say, so I hope this will put a rest to the “Why won’t the good games be licensed?” argument. Crowd and Will are big names in Bishoujo gaming, so are D.O., ZyX, as well as C’s Ware, so just clam up. There are more Bishoujo game companies in Japan than one can count with his fingers and toes, and the licenses we have are possibly some of the cream of the crop.

quote:
Originally posted by UFG the Spoony Bard:
ILLUSION/Dreams puts 99% into their animated sqeuences and 1% into their gameplay. BattleRaper is just about the worst game I've ever played.

I agree with that, BUT my point was that the 3D graphics are pretty good, I was not commenting on the gameplay or storylines. I did not think the graphic quality of Battle Raper was very good though.
As for Teatime I have not tried any of their games yet and Toon looked a little to lolita for my tastes. Not a big fan of super tiny girls.

[This message has been edited by Bigdog (edited 08-14-2003).]

quote:
"The Grass is always greener on the other side" as they say, so I hope this will put a rest to the "Why won't the good games be licensed?" argument. ...the licenses we have are possibly some of the cream of the crop.

The majority of this thread isn't about how the grass is greener on the other side; I believe everyone knows the answer to that already.

---

olf: I never really liked TEATIME's games all that much. Hana no Himei was really lame and all. On the other hand, Toon was okay, but the cell shading was also pretty weird. Sometimes it looked pretty good, other times the it was really buggy.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by UFG the Spoony Bard:
[B] The majority of this thread isn’t about how the grass is greener on the other side; I believe everyone knows the answer to that already.

As i said in the past… sometimes theres just no pleasing people, and no offence but it seems you might be one of those we cant please, I persionally have no complaints about what has been released on the english market, knowing that it has picked up tons in the last year to year and a half, and will more than likely do more of the same should we continue to buy whats currently on the market.

Just a note to Absurdist. Even in Japan, bishoujo games don’t sell a million copies. We wish! A solid “hit” game in Japan is 10,000 copis, and if it’s really good it will go to 30,000 copies or so. Shusaku sold 100,000, making it one of the biggest hits of all time.

I do believe the new crop of great games coming out, XC2, Brave Soul, and the great games from GC, represent a big turning point for H games. We belive the future looks bright, but only if all the fine fans of these games support us with their dollar votes.

Well, back to my work…