What do you want Peach Princess to translate next?

It would be nice if the Popotan eroge was licensed here…

if you look back at mockingbird’s past interviews with peter at AX2006, yunohaha (and natsushoujo) is unfortunately out of our radar due to licensing conflicts with sony

but like i said a million times before, never say never :stuck_out_tongue:
although i must admit the chance for getting those 2 are very slim…

as a person who actually had a bit of experience with alicesoft’s SDK in the past, i can tell you (again, from past experiences) that the alicesoft game engine is pretty damn “single-byte-unfriendly” to say the least :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s always writing the whole thing in fullwidth, horrible as it might be to read =p

On the topic of spreading out to new brands, what about companies that spun-off of the ones Peter currently works with? For example, Purple Software was originally a JAST brand.

i doubt that will help us one bit because the story is that jast got shut down due to the president passed away with cancer. so in a sense jast does not exist anymore in current times, and therefore purple is more or less an independent company.

but for like will and crowd, its always possible (but no guarantees)

Well, let’s see … How many games have a protagonist who’s not a teenager? Even ‘older women’ games, I would think, would have a teenager main character; if both the winnable girls AND the main character are older, then they’re not really “older women”, are they?

And all the VNs with an older protagonist that I can think of have teenager heroines =p

In secret wives club, the three women are older than you.
The younger is 24 and you are… probably 21 or 22 year old.

[/quote]

Sensei 2… The younger have 22 years old.
after that the age are : 23, 24, 25 and 30 years old.

That’s for the English game… In Japanese they’re a lot without a teenager at all.

I’ve got a question. Why does it have to be the “Hardcore” producers like Will Japan or CROWD or ZyX? Why can’t JAST or somebody do titles from Type Moon, Key/Visual Art’s, Minori, Makura, La’cryma or Circus? Some of these companies are just starting out and, yes, while ef - A Fairy Tale of the Two, H2O - Footprints in the Sand, and True Tears might be popular I can’t see a startup company charging THAT incredibly much for a license. Start out w/ smth like Shuffle! or Da Capo or something that people are familliar with because of the corresponding anime. I’m pretty darned sure they’d sell like hotcakes over here if they got an official TL. Plus, there’s the bonus of having these games uncensored b/c we don’t have the stupid censorship laws that Area 11 does…

P.S. I’d almost kill someone for an uncensored/TL’d School Days…

Eeeer School Days can be pretty “hardcore” ^^;
And they’re a damn lot of anime in it…

About Eroges with older women, i’d recommend to check games from ATELIER KAGUYA like Hitozuma Cosplay Kissa 1 & 2, Kateone and Anegiru. There are the games from DISCOVERY like the Hitozuma Sentai and Tsuma x Tsuma series, too. For some reason, most older women in eroges are hitozumas. :lol:

As for Eroges with older protagonists, generally we can find them in some serious detective/mistery/plot-driven games, like Demonbane and Carnevalle from NITROPLUS, Isaku series and the Iast release Biniku no Kaori from ELF games, Ai no Katashi and Jokei Kazoku ~Inbu~ from SILKS SOFT, Pianissimo and the future release Karanoshojo from INNOCENT GREY. Sometimes in Dirty Lolikon games, too. :roll:

Yeah most, like the Milk Junkies who have motsly college student and Housewif and Mrs Junkies who’s Housewife only… But you also find a lot of game based on the OL like Lingeries from Mink for exemple (wich had an Annime serie called Lingerie Office)…
The nurse based game have also “older” woman… Even if you always find an underdevelopped character in it (The Yakin Byoto are a good exemple)

Also, the G.J?'s Game who have, most of the time, mature character with big boobs, and very rarelly Teanage or teenage like girl.

Yeah, I know…
hmm… how to say…
probably more games that people have heard of b/c they watched the anime, etc… Hell, even games that don’t have much H in them, like Tsukihime and the like… I guess I want more than just the more obscure games that you would only find in “Those” stores :slight_smile: If somebody were to license ef, for example, that would completely and totaly win…

If there’s an anime of it, the company is probably making bucketloads and would expect a FORTUNE for the license… they’re not going to just give it away cheap so that PP can make lots of money off it :slight_smile:

Yeah, I get the point, but I guess what I’m trying to ask is what’s the breakeven point and would the company be able to pass it? I guess the only people who could answer that would be staff (looks at Shingu or Lamuness)… I, for one, would buy them no matter what the cost (unless it’s like $500 or smth…) I believe that there is a market for it now, where there wasn’t a few years ago…

I don’t think that’s the point.
The fact is those Animes are all Age or with some ecchi no more than that… But the game are full eroge and few have an all age version.
Wich means that’s a lot of people will just skip the game because of that… Even if the anime/manga is really popular.

Actually, all those companies are well-established and successful, even if the brand names are relatively new (La’Cryma, Makura). With Japanese contracts, the manga and anime companies also have to approve any localization deal, which can be a problem (would English-language adult games be okay for them?).

On a related note, Circus has expressed interest in licensing its games. However, I think they’re more interested in finding a PS2 game publisher who’ll release their all-ages ports.

Hmmm…the audience/demand for anime has grown. However, sales of anime DVDs and PC games are bottoming out fast (US economy, rise of high-speed internet connections?).

It would be interesting to know how current Peach Princess/G-Collection sales stack up to previous years. As of now, I’m not sure if we can make any informed predictions on how a Shuffle! or Da Capo game might sell.

Well anyway… One of my dreams and hope about eroge is to see, one day, some Mink game released in English… Even fi it’s some old games Like Lingeries or Ippai Shimasho but i want Izayoi no Hanayome that’s for sure (and maybe the Yakin Byoto (Night Shift Nurse for English Anime Title))