What game are you playing?

Thought it be interesting to see what people are playing and their impressions of the game. I was pleasntly surprised by the Jewel Knights game - it wasn’t what I exspected from the game synposis and little pieces about the game I picked up from boards. This being the case, I thought there may be other games that I would enjoy if I knew more about them - hence this topic.

Getting back to Jewel Knights. What I enjoyed was how it spoofed the old superhero tv shows. The game is broken down into episodes and a preview of the next episode, just like a tv show. The game pokes fun at how they transform and recover/power up for battle.

On the down side, the game was very easy to get each path. Also, the youngest girl was too young for my comfort, and there was limited interactivity. If there were some rpg elements added and some more options, this could have been a great game. Worth a look for fans of the old superhero tv shows and points for humor/trying something different.

Right now I’m still working on Crescendo and XChange 2. That will change shortly when Little My Maid arrives.

I recently played all I care to play of Gloria. Didn’t get all the endings, but I don’t really think there’s a lot in that game I haven’t seen yet.

Playing Little My Maid, like several other people here.

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
Playing Little My Maid, like several other people here.

Yeap. I'm still playing LMM. Complete the 100% of CGs. Also, I'm waiting for new games to show up...lol

Little My Maid. I posted about my experience so far yesterday in the LMMD topic.

Hmm…I got a few games on my plate at the moment. Still playing LMM, but have been splitting the time with Soul Link(love the character designs and sci fi story) and nightshift nurses MJ(good game, with animated scenes just not for beginner MJ players)

Just finished Hitomi not too long ago and started Crescendo but only an hour into the game.

I had gotten a couple of the endings for “Tottemo Pheremone” and got a little bored with the repetition, so fired up “Critical Point.”

The concept and artwork are great, but after just a couple of completions it’s a little disappointing that there wasn’t a wider variety of scenarios. Given the moonbase setting the possibilities are limitless, but maybe I just need to spend some more time on the other story branches…

After CP it’s LMM [I played the demo and was duly impressed with the artwork, though mostly nonplussed by the mouth animation. It seems too little a result for the amount of cost and effort expended, but since it’s probably an important evolutionary step in bishoujo animation and it does enhance the look of the game I won’t complain.]

I’m not currently playing any b-games right now because nothing seems to intreset me atm, but i am playing ridge racers and ffxi for non b-games relates

I’m playing HITOMI MY STEPSISTER now. After that, if my recent-ordered games LITTLE MY MAID and CRESCENDO came, i will play them. If don’t, i’m planning to play again my all-time favorite renai game, KAKYUUSEI.

Just finished playing Crescendo and now I’m playing a game called “coping with the adversities of business so that I can finally order LMM

[This message has been edited by Akela (edited 01-12-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by ZaphodB.Goode:
I had gotten a couple of the endings for "Tottemo Pheremone" and got a little bored with the repetition, so fired up "Critical Point."

Heh, I'm playing CP now myself. Played it a long time back, but now I'm collecting endings & 100% CG. Plan to start LMM next (finally arrived a few days ago), and maybe replay Snow Drop a little bit.

Going through Brave Soul…again and Private Nurse as well while waiting for LMM to arrive (though I did wait longer to order it than most here–I tried to convince a local store to stock the item but failed)

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Hmm...I got a few games on my plate at the moment. Still playing LMM, but have been splitting the time with Soul Link(love the character designs and sci fi story) and nightshift nurses MJ(good game, with animated scenes just not for beginner MJ players)

i hate u.... u can read japanese, u can play way more games than me...
I WANTED TO PLAY SOUL LINK! I LOVE THE ARTWORK! *snif snif*

Right now i'm playing NWN -HotU- and i'm stil waiting for a local games shop to have LMM on stock...

Who says I can read japanese. I just got the LE cuz I wanted that stupid talking clock The only pieces of the game I understand is the buttons since they are in english But I did catch a phrase or 2 and it seems it’s about a space station and terrorists. I hope they don’t send it crashing down to earth like in all the gundam animes

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Who says I can read japanese. I just got the LE cuz I wanted that stupid talking clock [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] The only pieces of the game I understand is the buttons since they are in english [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] But I did catch a phrase or 2 and it seems it's about a space station and terrorists. I hope they don't send it crashing down to earth like in all the gundam animes [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Is it at least worth something the clock??
How can you enjoy a game without understanding? i think i'll drive nuts or just skip the dialogues 'till there is no more game in just 4 hours [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]
But, i, indeed enjoyed the few cgs i saw, they were beautiful...
BTW: i say some cgs from lets meow meow...
The girl in the maid clothes, she is gorgeous...

Playing DYL Horny Bunnies 2 … not that different from 1, but I like the lead character (that you play) a lot more in this one than the first. More mature - and all around more polished & better dialogues. Not much story-wise, but fun.

quote:
Originally posted by The Unholy Avenger:

Is it at least worth something the clock??
How can you enjoy a game without understanding? i think i'll drive nuts or just skip the dialogues 'till there is no more game in just 4 hours [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]
But, i, indeed enjoyed the few cgs i saw, they were beautiful...
BTW: i say some cgs from lets meow meow...
The girl in the maid clothes, she is gorgeous...

The clock's interesting. It looks like one of those old fashioned alarm clocks with the round face and double bells on the top. The face has a picture of the girls. It has a button on the back to test the alarm basically so you can hear what it sounds like. The hardcover artbook that came with the LE is nice too with sketchs and artwork from the game.

Now as for enjoying the game. I've been watching enough anime in japanese to pick out a few things when the characters talk so I can kinda follow the plot. Plus the pictures do help in the narration of the story. the only thing I really have trouble with is the dialog discussions. Right now I'm at the part where the terrorist just invaded the space station [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

QUOTE]Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Now as for enjoying the game. I’ve been watching enough anime in japanese to pick out a few things when the characters talk so I can kinda follow the plot. Plus the pictures do help in the narration of the story. the only thing I really have trouble with is the dialog discussions. Right now I’m at the part where the terrorist just invaded the space station [/QUOTE]

But won’t you get any trouble in the choice part?Not to mention how hard it is to understand sci-fi dialogues(not many anime have sci-fi vocabulary)
I did the same kind of thing when I played Tokimeki Memorial 2 and Phantom-the inferno- PS2 version.The tokimemo 2 was a success,the girls only talked a little,so I understood what they’re saying perfectly.Not so with Phantom,they talked way too much,I got my head dizzy within 30 minutes,the next thing I did is to put the cd back into it’s case and sent it to limbo

While I haven’t played Soul Link myself, I’d imagine Sci-fi isn’t harder to understand than other genres. A lot of the sci-fi vocabulary is bound to be English expressions in Katakana, which isn’t all that hard to understand.