what games from jast would you like to see anime for

what jast game besides gibo, discipline, demonbane and bible black would you like to see anime versions
i would like to see an x-change anime, princess waltz , YUME MIRU KUSURI and Let’s Meow Meow!

Since I look for more action, I’m for Critical Point or Brave Soul. X-Change Alternative can be fun too (haven’t played the others). A decent story may improve Pretty Soldiers War, since the game lacks story.

I don’t particularly like anime but an adaptation of Kana would be pretty magical. Maybe as a movie?

If we’re including games not made by Jast like Bible Black, then I’m going to cheat a little …

Princess Waltz could make an interesting anime. Nocturnal Illusion could work as well (this is cheating bit since Jast didn’t really release the game, they just bought it up after the fact). Ever 17 would be cool, if you could do the multiple paths right. (I still need to beat that game so I dunno the actual plotline yet.) Crescendo might work, but a lot of what makes it good is the internal monologue of the lead, and that doesn’t translate well.

If we’re including any games JAST sell, I have a suggestion wwwwwwwwwww.

Princess Waltz could make an awesome anime. It’s mostly action, and basically single route, so you wouldn’t have trouble in that area.

The problem with anime adaptations is that they tend to take one characters route as canon and make it the ending. Others take elements from all of them, but focus on one particular girl, even if the original did not. That’s why, I tend to not watch anime adaptations of visual novels I’ve played. It works for titles like Higurashi, but that’s about it.

they could do it the way that yosuga no sora or amagami ss was

this is exactly as i thought :D. Turning games into anime is not what i like to see, they were never good in my opinion. I rather they stick to the old formula and not do any games → anime.

they could, but i think it will be more / less than 4 episodes per heroine in VN/Eroge. If less than 4 episodes per heroine, that story is short. If longer than 4 episodes, and plus you have other heroines to consider, it’ll be heck of a long anime. If not, it’ll just turn into another of those OVA’s, which is not any different than Discipline or any hentai/eroge anime.

Y.N.Sora and Amagami SS were only good because of its storyline. If someone can find those VN/Eroge that has these qualities, it might just work out.

I think a better approach would be to make the adaptation more liberal and attempt to express as solid a slice of the original story as possible. This is why I think something like Kana would be appropriate- you can tell most of the story in Kana with one sequential story and there’s no real need to branch out.

None, cause I don’t watch anime.

You are probably missing out on the occasionally great title :smiley:

What jast title would I like to see an anime for…
Well, unfortantely I haven’t PLAYED as many as I OWN… so…

Without playing Chain, I’d think that would make an interesting anime. I love a good detective anime.

Crital Point, Chain, Kana, Snow Sakura, Figures of Happiness and Princess Waltz have pretty linear stories, and each have a true ending. They would make great candidates for an anime adaptation. Yume Miru Kusuri would, too, but since the story is so open ended it might equally make a ton of fans mad at the prospect of ‘losing’ their favorite heroine as another is chosen (rooting for you, Aeka!).

But… not all anime adaptations work. Take Hourglass of Summer for instance. The game itself had a good pacing and rather character driven story which played out to about 12 or so hours IIRC. And it was condensed and butchered and reassembled piecemeal into 2 half-hour OVAs. It was painful to watch after having already played through the game. It was akin to having the entire Lord of the Rings saga boiled down to an hour of story if you can possibly imagine that.

i have seen it look at the animated lord of the rings movie they are horribly condensed

I really want to see a Family Project anime. If it’s the greastest eroge of all time, why wont it get an anime. Or do anime studio’s refuse to make a anime from a D.O. game?

Making anime that isn’t an h-ova out of an adult game is a recent thing. I believe Family Project predates the trend by quite a few years; the first Kanon series was in 2002, and it was one of the first of its ilk. And they didn’t actually become popular until a couple years ago.

At which point, Kazoku Keikaku is old, and while a lot of people will remember it fondly, it’s kind of … it’s time is past.

Errrr, no. The ??? OVAs were released in 1997 and even the TV series was released in 1999… Others would include ??? (which is ???2), released in 1999, Refrain Blue, released in 2000, and… ToHeart, released in 1999. Heck, even Comic Party was released in 2001!

I think it depends on the series. I’m very biased about the matter but IIRC the ??? TV series and the ToHeart TV series were fairly popular (for anime based on adult games) in their time.

Anime adaptations don’t get made for Romeo Tanaka games. Rewrite will probably be the first to get an anime adaptation. His stories simply do not match the medium.

A lot of things have to go right for any anime adaptation to be made at all because compared to eroge this is extremely expensive.

From what I’ve played of Kazoku Keikaku so far, I don’t think it would be the best candidate for an anime. In the 10-12 hours I’ve played I have barely seen a hint of a plot, let alone any sign of when it’s supposed to turn into the “greatest eroge of all time”. If it takes till almost the end of the game for the story to get interesting, why bother making an anime out of that when there are much better candidiates?

Could you clarify exactly what you’ve read in this 10-12 hours? And what do you mean by ’ I have barely seen a hint of a plot’? What exactly are you expecting, because it sounds like your idea of ‘plot’ is pretty different from mine. Certainly 10-12 hours in you should have seen quite a lot. Erogamescape has an ‘amount of time until the eroge becomes interesting’ thing that people can put their own experiences into, and despite having very few results (it’s quite a new thing and Kazoku Keikaku is quite old) almost all of people report that it becomes interesting in the first 10 hours, with a plurality saying it becomes interesting in the first hour. I enjoyed pretty much every moment of Kazoku Keikaku and even now I can replay it and it’s still a blast.

I do agree that it would be inappropriate to make an anime adaptation out of it, but that certainly doesn’t mean it’s a bad game, and it’s not a bad game. You couldn’t really make an anime out of Subarashiki Hibi either, or Saihate no Ima, or Eien no Aselia, or Sense Off, or Sayonara wo Oshiete or many other extremely good titles.