What happened to Edelweiss? You can't buy it until Sept 10?

According to MG’s list of games, they removed Edelweiss from their list of purchasable games:
http://www.mangagamer.com/main/Titles/List

It’s now scheduled for a September 10th release:
http://www.mangagamer.com/main/Titles/D … 146D205EDA

Did MG realize how buggy Edelweiss was with scene ordering and or the translation was so awful they want to rerelease it? I’m curious then, did they refund people who purchased Edelweiss from earlier? At the very least, surely they’ll give customers who purchased the game access to the new game’s files when they’re made available.

The scene reordering thing seemed like an isolated incident. Only one person reported experiencing it, so I doubt they pulled it for that reason. They might be pulling it until they finish patching the translation. The game is still downloadable through my account, though.

I highly doubt they’re doing this to include the expansion with it. For one thing, there’s really no point in pulling the original just to include the expansion later, and I doubt the expansion would be free.

Oh shit.And i was thinking about buying this game as well. :frowning: Gotta wait again i guess.
Anyway have anyone finished this game ?What can you say about it(good,bad,average,something more than the horrible translation?)

A little joke: :smiley: What would you call an airplane that could be driven by only one man?

An airbus :lol:

I thought it was a slightly above-average game based on the one path I played, but it all depends on your taste in games. Mine often doesn’t follow the majority here. I have a review of it up somewhere in the first MG thread, but it’s mostly about translation.

It was a great game in my opinion. I really enjoyed it aside from the already mentioned problems with translation. You could say it’s probably up there in the top titles of those that have been translated into English. Really hoping they end up translating the fandisk as well. (But not holding my breath.)

It’s actually been confirmed. They’re also going to release Kira Kira. http://novelnews.net/2008/08/21/mangagamer-talks-overdrive/#more-193

My email:

Their reply:

They got my name from my email address, for those that are wondering.

Very nice. Even better that they picked up Kira Kira as well. Looks like my wallet may be hurting after all, provided there’s improvement in their translation/editing.

I’ve watched Edelweiss’s op on YouTube,and there is a certain thing that caught my attention.At one scene,the long-haired girl (Natsume)was carrying a katana and bathed in blood, which looks extremely like Shana :shock: !At another scene,i saw her eating a bread (melopan?) :shock: .Could anyone clarify my suspection?And what exactly is Kirakira ?

[attachment=2]1.jpg[/attachment] [attachment=0]shanaII01-oishi.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]2.jpg[/attachment]

(sorry can’t add more .watch closely you can see that their hair are similar too :smiley: )

It doesn’t specify the bread. She’s not addicted to melon pan like Shana. I can’t explain the sword thing without spoilers. She’s only similar to Shana in looks and the tsundere attitude.

Kira Kira official site.

The artist of this game must be Shana’s fan too.Now i can’t wait to play it! :slight_smile:

I don’t know about that. I mean she’s not that similar looking to Shana.

Nor are many, if any, of the character personality traits similar. The pictures are coincidental at best.

I haven’t finished the full VN yet, I am still in Haruka’s route (reached the H part and I can’t click my way through it :oops: ).

Any way, it seem to be a light novel with lots of humor in it. There were moment in the VN when I had to stop reading because I couldn’t stop laughing :mrgreen:

as for the English, there are a number of spelling and grammatical mistakes (actually many of them). But it wasn’t bad enough for me not to enjoy it, actually I’ve read worst while studying English (note, English is not my first language). Hopefully the proofreader is going to fix those mistakes in the next release.

the characters in this titles (including the boys) are very likable, so don’t worry about ending to hate them. But be forewarned, the boys have come to the island with the wrong impression that the girls in the island are desperate for boys (even perverted losers like them can get lucky!) and some of the humor revolve on this fact.

I can’t make a full review of the title, so if you are hoping for a review, you’ll need to wait for someone else to make it

I’m not even sure if they’re going to fix it. It’s been a while and they haven’t released a patch to fix it. I hope they do, though. I really don’t want to continue playing until they fix it. I encounter enough bad English in the Suika scripts. :lol:

And I really seem to be one of the few people who didn’t enjoy Edelweiss much. I didn’t find it funny nor did I like most of the characters (especially the boys).

It depends on how much you enjoy crass, immature humor (it’s kinda like the Leisure Suit Larry series. Many view those games as among the most charming adventures released, but others roll their eyes whenever they’re mentioned), which brings out the charm of the characters. The scenario writer succeeded wonderfully in those parts, crafting some of the sharpest and best-paced scripts I’ve seen in a translated game.

OTOH, the character drama is pretty lame, so if you dislike the aforementioned humor, Edelweiss might come across as an average product.

It’s the same with Snow Sakura, really. To me, the attempts at humor were exceedingly forced and unnatural, so the game wasn’t particularly enjoyable (decent writing, but bland content).

until the release there is no legal way to get the game

When I hear Edelweiss…I think of that song from the sound of music :o

Let’s see…
This, this or this? :lol:

Now that you mention it, I think of this song… :lol: