What kind of girls are your "type"?

With all the varied forms of games out there, all of us tend to develop a certain type of girl that we favor over the others (sometimes several). I’m curious as to which ‘type’ is more popular. Secondly what game style (horror, fantasy, etc) is your favorite? You can only choose 2 from each category.

Twincest is best. Horror twincest is divine. :smiley:

i’m telling ya, narg is trying to rig the results with the twincest choice :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]
Originally posted by Lamuness:
[b] i’m telling ya, narg is trying to rig the results with the twincest choice :wink:

-

is the resident Lolicon here Loli is the best in my book.

There’s a lot of hits on the non-human… why settle for twins? Catgirls come in LITTERS! :slight_smile:

Okay, ask a silly question, but what is up with the % figures?

<< voted Shy Girl, Comedy.

Fascinating how the votes go so far…

<<<<Did not vote.

I demand a Tsundere option now!!!

[ 06-01-2007, 02:45 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

Goth/horror lolli non-humans in a fantasy realm.

But see 2 is always better than 1…so i haveto agree with Lamuness about vote rigging. :stuck_out_tongue:

See…twin lolli non-human shy girls in a fantasy/sci-fi horror setting are the best…mystery optional.

[ 06-01-2007, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: Jinnai ]

Tsundere are usually found in horror titles.

Their always the girls who initially fight against the Lord of the Darkside - and might even do a little damage here and there - but in the end they get captured and trained/broken into lifeless sex dolls.

Nargy knows. Nargy has long been powered by the Darkside. :smiley:

Your perception of Tsudere is as sick as your obsession with twins.

Speaking of twins, they are really nothing more than an excuse to reuse a character design. It’s a cheap way to add to the total number of available girls in a bishoujo game and nothing more.

Why go for twins when you can have two different girls. More variety = better. With twins you only get bored twice as fast. :smiley: Right Nargrakhan?

[ 06-01-2007, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

Bring on the sexy milf teachers in degenerating adventures with space aliens!!!

I cannot deny that the Darkside flows strong in me. :smiley:

There, there ladies… Nargy will keep the bad man away. :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 06-01-2007, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

If the Dark Side really was flowing strongly in you, you wouldn’t keep the bad man away. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well actually, the bad man is me… I just don’t want to share the twincest that’s MINE. He’ll have to find his own. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, after 24 votes Shy Girls and Non-Human Girls seem to be tied for the lead with 9 votes each. Fantasy style seems to have a good lead with 12 votes.

Mockingbird: I thought Tsundere girls were covered with the aggressive girl category?

Nargrakhan: So what kind of a bad man are you? Virgin Roster bad, or Idols Galore bad?

edit: even as I wrote this, Non-Human Girls seem to have pulled ahead with a 10th vote. That brings the total to 25 votes.

[ 06-02-2007, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Wraith ]

I want more non-human girls! And some more older womans would be okay, too. :wink:

Though the tsundere-type could technically be sporty and/or aggressive, they do not necessarily fall into that category. I guess the most common type of Tsundere is one who acts like a bitch in public with the main character but lovey-dovey when they’re alone. This doesn’t mean she’s sporty (into sports) or aggressive (on top). This doesn’t match wikipedia’s definition though; and is not meant to be an umbrella of the Tsundere-type. They usually have the most noticeable character development.

Silly Nagrakhan. You’ve fallen a victim of marketing ploy and truly believe a copy and paste of a character is actually better than two separate characters. They’re a waste of time and HDD space.

[ 06-02-2007, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

Hey now! We’re not talking about cloning technology.

Ok, well we are somewhat, but you fail to realize it doesn’t save much time. Why? Comapnies still have to distinquish each girl to the player in some way visually that’s fairly easy to recognize. Sure certain scenes might be hard, but if a player can’t ever distinquish the two visually, then they fail.

This means that scenes, emotive images, artwork, etc. all has to take this into account. Sure the base model can be used, but the same can be done often for older/younger sister.

Furthermore, it then places a heavier burden on the writing staff who must go to extra lengths to ensure either that the girls try to be completely different, but still have similarities or almost the same (but never carbon copies). They can’t generally take the happy middle ground here and get away with it, unless they’re pretty good.

Finally, most games then have to generally make special effort for scenes with both characters on it, both visually and gramatically and with the afore mentioned point, be able to distinguish the two girls or, if the situation calls for it specifically, confuse the player as to who is who. The latter is not so easily done unless it’s at the beginning.

So, yes it might cut a bit off the concept artwork and reduce time for some models, but it increases the dialogue writers job and makes it more difficult.

[ 06-02-2007, 03:09 AM: Message edited by: Jinnai ]