What OS do you use for playing bishoujo games?

since the issue on various OS are being brought back recently (again), it may be interesting to see what OS people may be using for bishoujo games. i did not include OS that most people may not use at this moment such as 2003 server and vista, but i will give the benefit of a doubt to include macOS/linux via emulation

this is not meant to be a OS flame, but rather a mere statistic of what people use. so please dont start any aggrivating posts and arguments regarding which OS is more superior/inferior etc

ADD:
and guys, PLEASE read my bold text…

[ 04-13-2007, 03:07 AM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]

Windows XP Media Center… but I voted XP Home in the poll. Same thing IMHO with the limited networking options and whatnot. :stuck_out_tongue:

Windows XP Corperate Edition…but i voted Proffesional…same thing imo mostly.

[ 05-24-2006, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Jinnai ]

I use Windows XP Proffesional

I voted XP professional … for the networking … i use Professional 64-bit (hopefully the games will run on it.)

I use Windows 95 OSR 2.5. :slight_smile:

What, no Linux?

i thought i included mac and linux and what not in the last option

ugh, my bad

I see that “Other” wasn’t in the graph, which is why I didn’t note it. It’s in the table, I see. :slight_smile:

I use Windows XP Home. My pro expired. I also have a laptop running Win 95 for old bishoujo games. Though I may be selling that laptop soon.

I use XP Professional edition

I used to use Windows 98 SE, but that computer crashed on me and I had to get a new one.

I use Windows XP Home now.

[ 05-24-2006, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Prettz ]

I use Windows XP Home.

I use Win XP prof to ^^

While I voted for XP Home Edition, I actually use XP Home edition and Win98 for playing bishoujo-games.

Win98 comes in for all older games like the ones from C’s-ware as well as the PeachPrincess-games. The latter because of that special emnulation-effect that midi-files have under XP.

XP on the other hand is my platform for all G-Collection’s games (minus the ones that suffered under the V-Mate-effect) and all my japanese games.
Actually, I’s prefer to install and play games under XP because it is able to deal with NTFS-partitions and I regard NTFS as superior to FAT - and that’s why I voted for XP Home.

I voted for XP Pro, it’s my preferred OS. Had MCE for awhile and Hated it.

Mine is Windows XP Professional, too.

XP Professional here, I used win 95 until a year ago, when my old PC went down in a blaze of glory :smiley:

I’m using Windows XP Pro.

I still use win ME, maybe i will change to XP Pro this summer.