What possesses people to overpay on a product still in p

Because I am scratching my head over a X-change 2 that somehow manages to stay on the general section of eBay, and have accumulated a bid of over $80.00 so far, nearly 60% more than its original retail price.

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
The English version or the Japanese version?

Woodelf:985 and counting.

English version.

hmmm
perhaps someone should email the auction-er’s after its over about where the games can be bought?

quote:
Originally posted by exoarchaeologist:
hmmm
perhaps someone should email the auction-er's after its over about where the games can be bought?

According to eBay's new policy that could be considered Auction Interference and you could get in trouble with them. Of course, if you don't HAVE an eBay account to begin with...

For all we know, someone may be playing him/her for a fool. I think there’s nothing much the seller can do even if the bidders refuses to establish contact.

quote:
According to eBay's new policy that could be considered Auction Interference and you could get in trouble with them. Of course, if you don't HAVE an eBay account to begin with...

as long as we do it after someone wins, and only tell the guys who lost, it shouldnt interfere with the auction result right?
might bring peachprincess some more customers.... right after losing an 80$ auction they are shown where they can get it for a lot less

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
Because I am scratching my head over a X-change 2 that somehow manages to stay on the general section of eBay, and have accumulated a bid of over $80.00 so far, nearly 60% more than its original retail price.

Maybe someone famous played that particular one. Or it was the very first copy to be release. But then again maybe the characters in the game comes to life and serves the owner. If thats the case I would buy it too. Hehehe.

quote:
Mind you some B-game characters I would not like to come to life. Some people in the games can get quite angry. Murder by Yo-Yo in another PP game comes to mind. Or you wake up sex-changed after a you have fight with some of the characters from X-Change.
And can you handle a mob of 3 or 4 girls
all wanting you the the same night like some games have.

WHOA!!! That sounds SCARY!!!

*shudder*

quote:
And can you handle a mob of 3 or 4 girls
all wanting you the the same night like some games have.

Well, if I had to choose between one of those I would choose this one, it sounds the most interesting and least life altering, at least at first.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 10-19-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Well, if I had to choose between one of those I would choose this one, it sounds the most interesting and least life altering, at least at first.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 10-19-2003).]

I second that!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahehehehahaha. Imagine what you could do to 3 or 4 women on one night.

*devil's horns and tail starts to grow*

Its the birth of satan repent all your sins!!!!Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!=)

quote:
Originally posted by dexter:
Maybe someone famous played that particular one. Or it was the very first copy to be release. But then again maybe the characters in the game comes to life and serves the owner. If thats the case I would buy it too. Hehehe.

I own a copy of Fatal Relations played by yours truly, care to buy it for $80.00?

Oh wait, I'm not famous... yet.

quote:

Oh wait, I'm not famous... yet.

You could sell your soul to Satan to be famous!!!hehehe!!!=)

*Satan speaks*

Would you rather be in Heaven or Hell???
Remember! in Heaven you couldn't play B-games!!!! Bwahahahahaha!!!!!

quote:
My guess they don't know where to buy it
or they are under age for the game.

These would be my main guesses. Although on occassion I've had instances where I've sold currently available things for oddly high prices because the person couldn't get them themselves for valid reasons. *shrug* It's their money, let them spend it how they want...

quote:
My guess they don't know where to buy it
or they are under age for the game.

Another possibility if they are afraid of someone tracking what they buy, they do this so they can be a nameless face online paying for something with a money order. They might be of age, just want to remain unknown so follow the same route of those that are underage. Just a guess though.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 10-20-2003).]

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 10-20-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Another possibility if they are afraid of someone tracking what they buy, they do this so they can be a nameless face online paying for something with a money order. They might be of age, just want to remain unknown so follow the same route of those that are underage. Just a guess though.

In that case, the buyer must be really afraid, because right now it's at $123.00.

That's 150 percent more than its original retail value.

quote:
Originally posted by dexter:
*Satan speaks*

Would you rather be in Heaven or Hell???
Remember! in Heaven you couldn't play B-games!!!! Bwahahahahaha!!!!!

Hey Nande!
Looks like, you got some competition here! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
In that case, the buyer must be really afraid, because right now it's at $123.00.

Then perhaps PP should star consider selling their games via E-bay instead? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]. Or perhaps we should... We should perhaps start buying lot sof gmaes form PP and then re-sell them at E-bay? At that rate, we'd get back what we paid AND get enough money to buy Brave Soul when it's out too! :3.

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Hey Nande!
Looks like, you got some competition here! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

I prefer the term "ally" over "competition"

I do this, not because I'm "evil" but just to exaggerate my personality. Like how someone who draws anime or manga exaggerates the faces to clearly show their emotions and feelings. Since we can't see each other's faces I exaggerate on my words to make things more interesting. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

* Satan comes back *

Bwahahahaha!!!! What are you talking about they all know your true nature!! Bwahahaha!!!!!!

* Satan creates a plan on destroying the world *

SATAN'S PLAN - Give everyone a Magical Super Enema while they are sleeping!! This will make them "shit" non-stop for a year. All this "shit" would release "methane gas" that would suffocate life on earth.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

quote:

Well speaking as someone that who has had to read a lot about what fear will drive people to do, if they do fear even a little bit of tracking they might be paranoid enough to pay over 200% just to be secure in not tracking and no it is not logical.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 10-21-2003).]

quote:

this is the one from Austrailia, right?