What type of eroge do you want to see licensed?

I was wondering what kind of eroge other people are interested in seeing licensed. I’m talking about genres, not specific titles, which already have a thread dedicated to them. Personally, I’d like to see more renai titles brought over, as I’ve always been a romantic. Dark eroge don’t interest me; neither do games that focus only on sex.

Ren’ai, ren’ai, ren’ai, and some bouken and thriller/mystery. As far as I know, though, Peter is more into yarugee (i.e.sexfeast) because it’s what sells best in the USA.

More dark stuff… and I’m not just talking dark themed either.

People have no idea what dark TRULY means. I think there should be a title that gives gamers a frame of reference.

Something so dark, people who’ve never played eroge will sit up and take notice.

Call me Pete. I can give ya a list pronto! You. Me. Free ticket to Hell. :twisted:

Dark, I don’t mind. I was more talking about the first (?) qualifier, but then it joins what we talked about the qualifiers of an erogee.

Yuri. Also anything with a good story.

Ren’ai would be nice, although I’m pretty much open to anything but yaoi, provided it had a good story and isn’t just a complete sex romp.

Anything with good story and art.Preferrably good dark title tough,I’ve only met one in english market so far,and that’s Bible Black

Loli!!! I want the Loli to be translated. But probably won’t be happening. :cry:

loli is a given :smiley:

I agree with Narg,but more specific…i needs to be Occultish. Have a couple titles in mind.

Something “light” (no rape and no tentacles) with twincest :slight_smile:

If you ask me, i think SAGARA FAMILY is not as “no-brains” as HORNY BUNNIES. :roll:

Anyway, i’d like to see more of these kind of games:

1. Renai games
  2. Story-Focused, Angst, Mistery games
  3. RPG-Like Playable games.

I dislike dark-themed games with rape and tentacle. But i could try some with a story what really worth the time. :wink:
And no loli, yaoi and yuri for me.

Yuri. Otome. Anything with a good plot.

What I want to see (light-themed games):

Comedy, Love, High Adventure, Gameplay, Art, Few Girls (Tsundere and Loli are favorites).
My Favored Example: Kikaijikake No Eve - Dea Ex Machina (I’m intermittently playing this since October, and I’m not tired yet!)

What I want to see (dark-themed games):

Thriller, Mind Control, Evil Plot, Gameplay, Art, Multiple Girls (a Harem is a must here).
My Favored Example: The Mahou Senshi Sweet Knights series (each individual game is at least excellent, and the Complete Disc is a real gift from He :twisted: … err, Heaven :stuck_out_tongue: ).

What I do NOT want to see:

Yaoi/Yuri, Angst, Scarce Sex, Crappy System Of Play, Bad Art, Redundant Girls (yes, I’ve twins on mind; VARIETY is the key to success :wink: ).
My Favored Example: Narg’s Doom, I suppose (but look at its score and review :? … ).

What dose “Otome” mean? I Googled it and practically all the results I got where about the Mai Otome anime.

Normally h-games are one guy, many girls. Otome games are one girl, many guys. They’re aimed at women. I think ‘otome’ means woman? Not sure.

You’ve got it right. :slight_smile:

Now if someone wants to be really specific:

?? = Otome = Young Woman

Maiden is probably the most common translation for it.

Thanks to Mai Otome, I’ve seen “Western otaku” incorrectly claim it means virgin, thanks to early fansubs. That would actually be: ??

Fellow dark erogers should recognize that kanji. :wink:

This is why “shoujo” (??) should never, ever be romanized as “shojo”.

<_<;;

As far as the type of eroge I’d like to see licensed - just about anything, as long as it’s good.

I wouldn’t mind seeing games like Critical Point and Gloria. Lots of branching paths, some quick bad ends, some long good ends, some ambiguous ends. I like those games because they take a long time to complete, and you have to be very thorough when going through them.

Those people are stupid then because they are almost all of them probably the same people that watched “Mai HiME” where the word was used, albeit not in the title.

Who would commit such a sin (except those who clearly don’t know better)?

From browsing various forums, I sense that a lot of people aren’t interested in ADV games. They want something which requires skill or strategy. I have to admit that some of the “sim date RPGs” which I tried on various Flash game sites had interesting gameplay ideas, even if they used a lot of copyrighted images, and even if they had poor writing and characterization. So I’m with the people who expressed interest in games with strategy or RPG elements. A few more games like the Tokimemo or Princess Maker series would be neat.

Earlier posters were discussing otome games. (A couple years ago, I thought that “bishounen games” was the proper term, so I used that phrase in a message board discussion. It took the efforts of a now-deceased anime podcast for me to learn the correct term. And whattaya know, I stumbled on that same discussion just last month while searching for some BL game-related information.) Back on topic, I’m a shoujo fanboy, so I would definitely be glad to see more than one professionally translated otome game in English.

One other thing… after the number of H-game translations went from one per month to one every four months (in early 2005), I started paying more attention to fan-made visual novels, 95% of which were not adults only. After finding a few and liking some of them, I realized that I liked them more than games with explicit sex scenes. So yeah, I know this is an adult game board, but I’d be more interested in a few more general-audience games.