What type of eroge do you want to see licensed?

Entering subjective mode. Everything I say I based upon my experiences and analysis. I have no inside info and could be wrong:

It’s the production and post-production issues. Brave Soul had more patches than any of their other products and these patches were pure bugfixes. Only a couple other games that’s had a pure bugfix patches and those only 1. Brave Soul did break records for PP in terms of sales, but getting it to work, from what I’ve read and based upon the number and type of patches, wasn’t easy. Fan translations, like CF2R do not have to deal with that because they are simply doing a translation and do not tamper with the engine generally. If someone complains about the game not working because of the engine, they have no reason to fix that because they aren’t out anything. PP does because that person could give them negative publicity which could hurt sales of future products down the line and for niche markets that does matter.

Exiting subjective mode.

A straightforward branching-path game is going to have a LOT less bugs than something with complicated interactions and rare circumstances that might never happen in testing. The more options players have for interacting with the game, the more ways they can manage to screw it up.

I’d say not nearly close to the extent of patching Brave Soul needed. If you stop and think about it, it’s obvious which would be more time consuming and work intensive. I don’t think anyone but PeaPri could answer as to whether it truly was a profit or loss when compared to the work put into it. From an outside perspective, I’d say they make more money on an ADV based on the work load required. I could be wrong, but it makes sense when you look at it from a technical view point.

Hardly anyone makes RPG hgames in Japan, and Peach Princess has access to something like four companies that make games out of many dozens. Most hgame makers skate by by the skin of their teeth, and developing an RPG is hugely more expensive than just developing an ADV game. Hgame makers are also typically very small, only working on a few titles at a time, and old titles go out of print fairly rapidly so you don’t have a steady stream of income from it. This means that it’s very easy to Icarus yourself out of existence by trying to make something more than you can afford, running out of money, and folding.

I agree that strategy and RPG elements add quite a bit to the appeal of some games. Personally, I think some of the more mainstream games were practically screaming for ero scenes, but if the Mass Effect debacle taught us anything is that when there is ANY nudity in a mainstream RPG the media goes bonkers about it. So even in games where you might expect it (or at least want some) to some degree say Ar Tonelico, Thousand Arms, Growlanser Generations, or Persona 3 it is left out as much as possible. But I digress. I would love to see another game like True Love get licensed. It makes a nice step away from the traditional ADV style.

It’s become a self sustaining cycle. Companies don’t produce better products because they can’t make money and they can’t make money because they don’t have a better product to attack people to buy their product.

Lol, typical from someone who used rpgmaker :smiley:
I wonder how the “pro” manage to remove all the bugs from their games.
Even after several beta tests there are still bugs in my games.

So of course making a sim dating game is far more simple in term of programmation than making a RPG. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I don’t know exactly why, but snow is good point :slight_smile:

like in this one : http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=497525

Please forgive my ignorance if this is the wrong thread to bring this up, but I am new to this genre and I was wondering why are titles from Guilty, Guilty+, Selen, Ole, Caligula, Compleat, and Good Job not licensed. I happen to like many of their titles to the point that I am willing to buy the japanese version of them even though I don,t know a shred of japanese. :cry:

In one word : money :slight_smile:

Oh, come on!
At least there already are games from Guilty and/or Guilty+ (Because both are very close related brands of Will, I don’t bother with the little difference between these two)!

Fine, it’s a given that the American dollar and Japanese yen are the prime motivators here. Yet, one would think that a more concerted effort would be made to bring these titles over here. Perhaps I,m being selfish and naive but, I think many of these titles are better than the current PP/jlist lineup. Nonetheless, I wholly support the genre. :wink:

In response to unicorn, yes I am aware of that. But compared to what is out there now it’s like comparing apples and oranges don’t you think. :slight_smile:

I’ll articulate for Le Nuage a bit.(Hope you don’t mind.)

These games are made by Japanese companies. These companies can either choose to allow their titles to be licensed or not. In some cases the companies have no interest in seeing their titles available outside of Japan, which is why we’ll never see them via company release. Then there is the money aspect. Licensing a game takes time and money, as well as access to the company line ups. Now, some games have massive price tags for licensing, which means the cost well outdoes the potential profit. There is also the problem of what companies PeaPri has access to, and in this case they currently only have access to a few, of which they’re releasing titles from. Obviously this isn’t a concrete answer, as there is always hope for more company access and a wider range of games, but these are all factors that come into play when considering new releases.

My best suggestion is find dedication to learning Japanese. Besides, if it isn’t in English, and you can’t understand Japanese, just don’t look. It’s painful when you look.

Fair enough, Dalburnan even though it sounds like a piggish attitude these companies have and I have to look otherwise I won’t know what I’m leaping into. I appericiate the response!!! :lol:

Haven’t posted here for awhile. I keep hoping to find a translated Yuri or Otome game. Preferably with good stories.

Seconded. Nothing like a good lesbian relationship to turn oneself on. There should be H-games where the interference from male characters are nonexistant. Do you not get tired of seeing the penis of the main character in the H-game?

Either that, or a Gender Bender game where the main character is a girl who suddenly gets turned into a hot guy and all the other female characters suddenly want to hump him. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, i am waiting for X-change Alternative 2 because I love Gender Bender. Not Futa, Gender Bender.

Oh, I’m not saying to remove the image of the penis. What I am saying is to remove the guy altogether for some girl on girl action. :smiley:

Well at least you can look forward to Raidy which is currently in beta testing.

Yeah but you are still raped by a male troll or something like that :smiley: