What we'd like to see in the next releases

Elves, vampires, demons, mermaids and other attractive non-human girls.

A decent amount of orgies and threesums.

A Slave training sim. :twisted:

A good story with no censorship (or at least minimal censorship).

Pretty art.

I’d say twins but Narg beat me to it.

Harems

A good RPG would be an interesting change of pace…

(Basically I’m describing things like Himekishi Anjelica and Elf no Futagohime Willan to Arsura for the training sim, Men at Work and Dungeon Crusaderz for the RPGs. I’ve got a one track mind. :stuck_out_tongue: )

My tags say all :stuck_out_tongue: .

This should not be a problem with newer RPGs. I loved combat in Utawarerumono, for example.

And I also vote for “Seductive lesbian vampire PC loosed on a horde of innocent (or so you think) schoolgirls.” :slight_smile:

To be fair, Utawarerumono was linear with a single path. AG3’s comment is valid for multi-path games, particularly when the battles are almost completely recycled. I rarely get through an RPG more than twice. Softhouse Chara is one of the few developers able to make RPGs/SLGs that can get me to complete most or all of the paths. One of the keys to that is keeping each playthrough short. Another is successive simplification / unlocking–each time you beat the game, there’s certain parts you don’t have to redo, and there’s certain new parts available. In this fashion they keep the gameplay and even the story fresh each time. Wizard’s Climber is a great example of this.

Castle Fantasia 2, which got fan translated, did this well by letting you skip any battle you had won earlier on the subsequent playthroughs, but then again it was more of a Visual Novel with the odd battle between story segments than a full-blown RPG.

The Men at Work games (not played the first one) have decent combat segments, but the latter ones could get a bit too grindy for my tastes. I ended up cheating the stats on subsequent playthroughs anyway and blowing through the rest of the scenarios faster, although it did make some parts of the scenarios in the third and fourth game hard to progress because they required/assumed a certain number of battles fought sometimes (meaning you sometimes had to just go out and fight a certain number of nights in order for the story to progress), causing me to get stumped on why I wasn’t getting further. My Japanese is, well, virtually non-existant, so I was sometimes left wondering if I missed something “obvious” again or if it just required a certain number of nights spent fighting this time.

I’ve only got two real things I look for.

1. Gameplay: Brave Soul and Princess Waltz both had it but it wasn’t that great. Similar to stuff by Alicesoft and Eushully, stuff like Sengoku Rance and Himegari Dungeon Master. Both have a great deal of replay value as well as excellent gameplay. Hell despite starting with Sengoku Rance almost a year ago I’m STILL playing it and the recently released fan translation has me going through it yet again, now that’s replay value.

2. Fighting Girls: I’m all in on women who are fighters. The best example of a game with them that isn’t focused on gameplay is Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! from Minato Soft. Great characters (who all fight), great story, and despite the school segments it doesn’t drown in slice of life.

Give me either of these and I’m pretty much set.

How could I forget INCEST !
We need more incest (or twincest) bro x sis.

But next time we have some wincest in a translated game, I want REAL wincest… not the usual “btw we’re not blood related so it’s ok”.
What’s the name of the vn on the avatar of Kimuzukashii MEIJI again ? There is real wincest in this game isn’t it ?

I’d also vote for fantasy.

And I want good arts with skinny girls (cross channel, YMK)

Here’s what I’d like to see:

1. Action filled stories: I know we’re getting this with Nitro+ games, but I’d like to games from other companies PP/GC has connections with which contain action and adventure. While I don’t mind the school setting, I’d like something different as well either a chance to play as a badass or play a game with alot of badass characters. I know Propeller’s games have been considered and they’ve got games that would fall into that category.

2. Mystery themed stories: You guys have only given us one mystery themed game and that’s Chain. I’d like to see more games where your character solves crimes (like elf’s Shin Mikagura Shoujo Tantei-dan or any of Innocent Grey’s games) or even mysteries involving supernatural occurences like Divi-dead. I basically want an eroge with a story that can keep me in suspense and make me think a bit. I’ll even take a game that’s even only technically a mystery themed story like G Senjou no Maou.

3. Something horror themed: Again I know we’re going to getting this with Nitro+ games, but since I don’t know much about Demonbane or Jingai Maikyo, I can’t tell if that’s part of what I’m talking about. Basically I want games involving elements that we’d see in say Gore Screaming Show (doesn’t have to have as much dark ero, not that I mind said content, I’m just trying to be flexible), Divi Dead, or Aoishiro (not an eroge, but I need examples). Basically I want stuff involving the supernatural, some of which containing creatures or some form of reference to mythologies, be they western, eastern, or middle eastern (hey Fate/Stay Night managed to pull that off).

… of course, now I’m wracking my brains trying to figure out a way to do a fun softcore subtext-only vampire school game (I can’t afford to spend money on H, because I can’t sell it). as if I didn’t have enough projects going around.

The image I’m currently using for my avatar is from Yosuga no Sora, and yes, it is real incest. In fact, it is a kind of twincest, because they are opposite sex identical twins.

I keep hearing wonderful things about that title… I might finally try and re-learn Japanese just for it.

If you haven’t already, you should read Narg’s review of it. There is also a fandisc called Haruka na Sora which Narg has said he will be reviewing very soon.

Yep. And other fans have also given their recommendation. I’ll have to go get Rosetta Stone… sadly I do not have access to Japanese courses at the moment since no college is currently offering. Grrr. Hopefully it returns quickly.

Well, at least when I do learn I can import all the Shuffle! spinoffs/sequels (whatever they wish to call them).

Crap… I think my brain just ran weeping out of the room. My mother always told me this would happen :? .

It isn’t so much that I’ve lost my mind; it refuses to come back …

-No censorship. (!!!)
-No more half-assed translations that make me start to prefer MangaGamer. (coughKazokuKeikakucough)
-More high-quality titles like Princess Waltz. (of course, with the recent Nitro+ partnership, this is inevitable)
-Utsuge: we need eroge that makes you cry. :smiley:
-Non-ero visual novels: there is a market for them. Hirameki just didn’t handle things well. I’m sure the Infinity series would sell great if they were translated.
-More eroge written by Tanaka Romio/Hajime Yamada.
-Eroge similar to Yume Miru Kusuri. (drugs, adolescent problems, etc.)

…That’s all I can think of for now.

I’d like to a game where :

1. There are only girls, no boys present.
  2. Yandere
  3. One girl(yandere) is in love with the main girl. Main girl is in love with another girl(cutie). Cutie is obsessed with her studies and does not have time for love. Main girl proclaimes her love for cutie while ignoring yandere. Yandere kills cutie, in a violent, bloody, sneaky way. Cutie says “W…W…Why…?” and then she dies. Yandere just smirks and says “Now is mine, yes, all mine.”

EDIT :

To make it even better, yandere is main girl’s twin sister.:slight_smile:

Another type of game I’d like :

1. All girls, no boys here.
  2. Princess is the one all the girls want to marry someday.
  3. Princess holds contest among certain girls.
  4. Contest is staying in mansion over a period of days setting traps to kill each other off.
  5. Traps are signed with name of trap setter, so a score can be kept as to who has killed the most.
  6. Some mini-games can give or loose you Princess points. Princess points are important to win the love of the Princess.
  7. Eavesdropping on the girls talking to the Princess is important, gives clues to know what kind of traps which girls like to set, and what their secret hobbies are so you can set traps in that place. ( For example : one girl could tell her she likes to play the piano at night when she is alone, naked. A girl listening in could decide to set an electric trap to the pedals, naked flesh + electrified pedal = dead girl.)
  8. Talk with Princess and tell her about yourself. You can choose to give false answers so those eavesdropping won’t get info on you that could be used. But be warned, the Princess will know if you are lying and the Princess will be disappointed in you, which will loose you Princess points.
  9. At the end of it the girl left alive will win the Princess. (If she has enough points. Just b e ing alive isn’t enough.)

I know this post is rather old, but still!

YES

I dunno, most of the good stuff is already translated. This only really leaves Saihate no IMA, and I don’t see JAST translating that, do you? =P

• Loli
  • Brother/sister incest
  • Moving story
  • Something with better pace that Family Project
  • Nice artwork
  • Comedy with wit and heart (snow sakura did this well)
  • Fewer outright sex romps
  • Loli incest … did I say something like that already?
  • Decent replayability

QUOTE!!!

welli don’t know nitro + but i think pulltop made rly good game