What you would like to see in a LE edition for $60

as the title suggests.

i think a $10-20 increase from the regular $50 would be a reasonable guess, but again that’s not necessarily how much the LE will cost, but that way i think we can get more realistic responses.

and just as a reminder, there is NO WAY we can make a pillowcase for $10-20 so please i dont want to see people asking for pillowcase in this thread. plus, not everybody can afford to have a naked pillowcase in their bedroom, so please think for others too because we would like to have a LE that works for (almost) everybody.

but of course, you can continue to expand your wish list on the other thread, because maybe someone will come up with an interesting idea for goodies, and i will continue to keep a good eye on that thread too.

I think an LE would be cool. No pillowcases?! Bah! Kidding…I do think little(like 3" or so) figures with bases would be cool. I have a little collection on top of my moniter as we speak. Whee!

A no-nudity t-shirt and a wallet-sized picture card (which could have nudity). This probably wouldn’t tempt me that much but it would be a good set and seem like reasonable things to get.

For certain kinds of games I personally would be intrigued by nice cosplay jewelry. However, I am a girl and most of the audience isn’t, so I don’t know how many people would be into that. Of course, you could make the jewelry a gift for your girlfriend to get her to think more positively about the games… My most prized anime-related purchase is my Utena ring, see.

If you were doing any sort of magic/fantasy game where a girl wore a distinctive amulet and you offered a cosplay version of it in the LE packaging, that would get my attention. (And a fun way to spot bishoujo fans at cons if they’re wearing them!)

Anything more than a single item would be too expensive, of course, but plenty of animes have a necklace or a pair of glasses or a brooch or something available in the cosplay market for $20-or-under.

DOLLIES. Anywhere from figure keychains like the Sister Princess collection (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … eName=WDVW is an example) to actual balljointed dolls is cool by me. Did I mention I’m becoming a DollFie collector freak?

In my case, as long as there are at least keychains and some wallet-sized cards, it’s allright… (or a poster, but i dont know how much can it cost)

BTW: The poster doesn’t have to be a nude one

I think that a good thing would be that you (in PP) tell us (the fans) which goodies will be included when you release the LE edition…
What i’m trying to say is that don’t just tell us what are the goodies are going to be, but to also upload a few images of the goodies, why i say so i because if by some way, you get to give posters, i would be terribly shocked if i get one with a little girl on it…

Artbooks are always nice.

Figurines, preferably NOT 100% nude and/or in very compromising positions (otherwise it might be hard to actually display them). Small plushies of the cute girls would be nice too. Since sending one of each girl to all the customers might be difficult, I’m sure much screaming will ensue if no-one gets exactly the one they wanted though…

Hmmm… to be honest, I have very little knowledge of what the typical Japanese ero-game LE contains, so I can’t really think of much.

While keychains are nice, they’re not as nice as figurines IMO and paying $10-$20 for them seems kinda expensive. Laminated cards are nice too, but I’m not sure I want to pay $10-$20 for trading cards for every title I buy.

Even though Lamuness seems to be dodging the idea, I still like art books. Soundtracks would also make good extras, and seem like they would be very inexpensive to put together. Paper posters or figurines would also be nice. For $10 more, choose 1 or 2 of the above. For $20 more, choose 2-4 of the above. If variations on the items exist, I would definitely want a choice if I’m going to dish out the extra money. I would also want pictures of the items, or in the case of the soundtrack, music samples.

quote:
What you would like to see in a LE edition for $60

A limited edition edition?
[img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

so far everyone has stated their wish lists

but has there been any comment from Lamuness regarding what PeachPrincess is actually capable of producing?

Excellent question, exoarchaeologist.

I guess you can have one of those mini-wallscrolls that are made in cane or cloth or a calendar I guess?

what we are capable of producing? actually i dunno :stuck_out_tongue:

i guess if it’s paper related stuff like an artbook or a cd like a soundtrack that can be feasible

for other things like badges/clear files/shitajiki, as a doujin artist i have a rough idea on how much they cost to make, but whether peapri will make them is another issue, because the prices that are in my head are japanese yen (ie made in japan), and if we are to make some of them in japan i am afraid we will have to go through the japanese company who has the rights in japan which may complicate stuff alot.

the reason why i am appearing to be dodging the issue on artbooks is because it’s not like we are allowed to put in anything we want for the book; there may be issues with the original japanese company we have to sort out with first…i mean it’s feasible certainly (it’s like a more souped-up version of a manual but you put different things in it) but for now it’s just theoretical

Well i was thinking if an all-out artbook isn’t doable, something like the hardbound manuals i have for lunar series, ie they have some good artwork in them, good character and stroy background, interviews, etc. Of course they have the relevant stuff you’d print in any manual, ie how to install the game, system RQ, etc.

However i would really like some figurines, even if it was an additional $20 (rather than $10) it would still be worth it if i was going to purchase a LE

A soundtrack would also be nice.

Not so much psoters for me, as i’d prefer a mini-wallscroll. Or if it were an rpg or something (like bravesoul) a cloth map.

But yea i’d really like figurines.

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 01-23-2005).]

we can only have access to figures if THEY ARE MADE ALREADY…we cant make them out of thin air you know :stuck_out_tongue:

For me, anything involving art is a big draw. The fact that I bought both the collector’s editions of Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft just for the included artbooks says something ^_^;

In this case, art would include stuff like figurines, pencil boards, cards, and other things that display the cute character designs in addition to a full on artbook. The more content or displayable it is, the better IMO so actual books or figurines would be better than, say, a pencil board or cards. Not to say I don’t like cards and pencil board, I just haven’t found a good way to display the darn things ^^;;

While other stuff like sound tracks can be neat, ultimately the whole seeing pretty things is more relevant IMO.

I like cute and/or pretty things. Plushies, figures, artbooks/postcards/whatever. Calendars and the like are nice, too…

Timepieces are awesome, if they’re possible. I preordered Arc the Lad Collection almost a year before the release and paid $90 for Growlanser Generations just for the watches.
I like them that much. ^^

If they aren’t available, it can’t be helped, but I’m a whore for LE things. Doesn’t even matter how much they cost. I just paid for the Soul Link LE, and I’m buying the To Heart 2 one on Wednesday.
Don’t even have a Japanese PS2, either. ^
^;;

quote:
as a doujin artist i have a rough idea on how much they cost to make,

You do doujinshi? O_O
Mind if I ask what circle you’re in? I might’ve seen your stuff before. ^_^;;

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
For $10 more, choose 1 or 2 of the above. For $20 more, choose 2-4 of the above.

That's not how limited edition items work. Doing it that way is like buying the game, and also buying extra items. I know what Benoit means when he is just asking for a limited edition in itself. LE usually has a special case with a different cover image, and almost always a different picture lable on the game disc. It's an all-in-one deal. There usually isn't too much variation to worry about. If I were peapri, I would avoid any variation at the start of domestic LE production to avoid any complaits from members. I'd buy the LE no matter what was inside, but I still perfer the idea of a full color artbook as the LE extra.

Well, I suppose it varies. With the anime LE’s I have purchased It has varied.

At $10 more, I have received special packaging and a soundtrack usually
At $20 more, I also received a little artbook in addition to the soundtrack and the special packaging
At $30 more, I got a tshirt included with a soundtrack and special packaging
The two that I purchased for $40 more were the dot hack special with the grunty plush et all, and the Armitage lunchbox with the limited edition figure.

Then there are the LE anime sets that I have purchased for lots of money. $150 to $200 with all kinds of cool stuff.

All that being said I have paid $10 more just for cool packaging and a few extras on the dvd.

quote:
Originally posted by bishounen_blue:
That's not how limited edition items work. Doing it that way is like buying the game, and also buying extra items. I know what Benoit means when he is just asking for a limited edition in itself. LE usually has a special case with a different cover image, and almost always a different picture lable on the game disc. It's an all-in-one deal. There usually isn't too much variation to worry about. If I were peapri, I would avoid any variation at the start of domestic LE production to avoid any complaits from members. I'd buy the LE no matter what was inside, but I still perfer the idea of a full color artbook as the LE extra.

Well, the extras are what are important to me. I'm not likely to pay more for fancy-smancy packaging alone. Dress it up all you want, but different cover art and a different colored CD alone aren't going to impress me.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
Well, the extras are what are important to me. I'm not likely to pay more for fancy-smancy packaging alone. Dress it up all you want, but different cover art and a different colored CD alone aren't going to impress me.

Exactly, although I'd pay a more for figurines than an artbook. But an artbook is nice....just not quite as nice imo.

i think i will have to repeat myself again:

we can only have access to figures if THEY ARE MADE ALREADY…we cant make them out of thin air you know :stuck_out_tongue:

and Dark Lord Zenigame, i will let you do the research yourself :stuck_out_tongue: