Which game to license? (UPDATED POLL)

BB has lolis, so do the other games to some extent, particularly Haruka…

Here are a couple of loli’s from BB:
Valeria
http://www.propeller-game.com/product/bb/html/chara/valeria.html
Carrol
http://www.propeller-game.com/product/bb/html/chara/carol.html

Not too familer with the other games characters, but I’m sure there are some loli traits there…

If that’s the case, the main girl of Sekai de Ichiban - Mitoko, i believe - is pretty loli looking too.

http://www.hermit-game.com/h03/02chara/01.html
http://www.hermit-game.com/h03/02chara.html

Haruka ni Aogi
even more. All the girls are loli looking! :roll:

Awesome any game that has loli’s in it, I will buy no matter what. Also I’ll be suggesting that people buy it on the loli, shota forum I’m a super moderator of. So believe me when I say I will be promoting the hell out of it. I did that with Yume Miru Kisuri and at least 30 of my friends bought it, probably more. I’ve also been telling people about Family Project since it looks awesome and for sure has one loli!

Is that a challenge I hear? :twisted:

Yes it is considering I have over 100GB’s of Loli on my pc. And my collection grows everyday.

Taking another look. For 2009/10 releases, all 3 would be grand. For me at least, it was hard to choose a favorite out of the 3. If I had to throw my lot in with just one though, I’d have to go with Haruka - with Sekai a close second (it looks hillarious). Bullet Butlers looks quite entertaining, but I’d prefer the other two.

In the revised poll, I changed my vote to Haruka and Bullet Butlers (though with a slight preference for the former).

For me, Haruka would be my preferred choice, partly because of the beautiful artwork (shiny :D), but mainly because of the genre (I first got introduced to VNs in late 2006 in the OEL scene. At that time, almost all of the games released were pure Ren’Ai, and maybe because of that, it’s remained my favourite genre). The descriptions of the game as being cut from the cloth etc make the game more interesting for me, as I very rarely watch anime, and most of the more cliched scenes in the game would be new to me. Above all, I’d be really interested in playing one of the pinnacles of the Ren’Ai genre.

Bullet Butlers would be next (incidentally, the author of this game was also one of the writers for Princess Waltz) - the epic fantasy scenario and darkish plot are very intriguing. Although I’d love to see this translated too, I’d have to give my first preference to Haruka, purely on a personal level (if it was compared against any other Will game apart from Haruka, BB would be an easy first choice).

Sekai’s weak protagonist and harem scenario are a bit off-putting for me, although the game does look very nice. Given it’s excellent reception among Japanese gamers, I think there would be a lot in there that would interest me, but it just doesn’t grab me in the way the other titles do.

To sum up, I’d definitely play any of these games of these games if they were licensed, but I have a strong preference for Haruka and Bullet Butlers over Sekai. (I suppose there’s no chance of licensing all three, and reducing the number of games G-collections releases… :wink: )

Voted not interested in any.

The summaries made it look like BB was the only one that didn’t seem to have a fairly dull/stereotypical plot, (seriously, do we REALLY need another new male teacher at female school story?) and as I was reading the BB summary I was hoping it’d be some kind of RPG or strategy game, or at the very least an action game. However I rather suspect it’s just another choose your own adventure, or I’m sure somebody would have mentioned it wasn’t by now… (I think they seriously missed the boat there…) and I’m getting very bored of choose your own adventure type games. Give me another Brave Soul or Pretty Soldier wars. (Yes, definitely buying Lightning Warrior Raidy and Princess Waltz, even though I’m not all that enthusiastic about the art style/characters of princess waltz… and I’m not really all that fond of card battle games, but at least it’s something new and… different.)

That being said, much like Princess Waltz, (and YUME MIRU KUSURI :: A Drug That Makes You Dream,) I’m less than enthusiastic about the style of art in all 3.

What I’d vote for in a second?

ANY type of RPG… action, strategy, standard, dungeon crawl. Anything. It’s my favorite Genre for games, period.

Raising/Training game. As far as I’m aware only 1 has been translated, (The Maid’s Story, which I played) and it was censored. (Which really annoys me… if you aren’t going to show anything for whatever reason, just draw the art using camera angles/body positioning such that you don’t need to go in and censor it… or just make it a game that doesn’t depict graphic sex. Mosaics and whatnot just totally breaks the feel.) Don’t really consider LMM much of a training game. Seemed like a standard choose your own adventure that had stat bars that didn’t really mean anything. I understand Raising/training is a popular genre in Japan, and I’d like to play another one. Note: Not neccesarrily a sex training game… Princess maker series always struck me as intriquing… I just don’t understand a word of japanese.

That being said, if any of the three did get licensed and translated I’d probably buy them. Just that I’m sure there are a lot of other titles I’d probably far prefer, so I wouldn’t vote FOR any of these three.

I voted for Bullet Butlers because i have played that game and enyojed it. As a good number two i voted Sekai de Ichiban because i liked what i saw of it.

Popular? Not that much. ADVenture games are by far the most popular, with perhaps RPGs being the second most popular… way below (or at least, there seems to be quite a lot of RPGs of late).

Not disagreeing with OLF. :stuck_out_tongue: If you wanna be technical, some “raisers” are ADV titles. Case in point, in principal Sister Princess is a raiser - given your role and how the sisters look up to you - but its using an ADV format. I believe Princess Maker is the most popular “traditional” raiser in the entire East Asia, but attempts to mimic its success haven’t been too successful.

I know all about trainers (Nukenin, Pigeon Blood, etc): the Dark Side is strong with them. :twisted: However due to their domination (pun!) as dark and brutal ero, they’ve always been a niche genre. IDOLM@STER for XBOX is the closest thing trainers have had in a “huge universal success” type thing (without being brutal or dark I might add). However even with the American Idol thing going strong in the US, Namco has refused to translate it.

I’d kill for some Sister Princess and IDOLM@STER… but those are topics actually covered in other threads. :mrgreen:

Baby Princess? :stuck_out_tongue:

You forgot the one tiny detail that really would make him go crazy:
Baby Twin-princesses ! :lol:

Releasing an adult VN that have lolis in them will get the company that release the game in muddy water in west. So don’t hold any hopes for lolis. And if the game does have lolis in them, then there is a large chance that the scenario would be edited to remove the H part. (haven’t played YUME MIRU KUSURI yet, so I might be wrong here)

But don’t take my word for, let someone with better knowledge of the western market enlighten you.

Is there any hope for another poll for g-collections as well?

None of those intrests us the slightest…
But thats just us… I hope… :roll:
I want a pure dark, gory, diabolical, slave abusing, dead using, blood bathing, mass murdering, lip moistionning, spine tinggling, heart stopping H-bishoujo game…to be translated by PP and/or g-collections…
Goumen… Could not describe it in one word… :mrgreen:

Uhhh…-
Awww… Nevermind… :expressionless:

Depends on your definition of “lolis” really…

I mean, Valeria, from BB looks young, but she’s an elf, and the Japanese site clearly lists her age (18).

Then again, there have been SEVERAL U.S. releases that have contained H-scenes with Loli characters in them. It’s more a matter of appearance than actual age…

I mean, I agree if your talking about exclusively loli titles, but none of these are. Have you played YMK? Look at Aya and Nekoko. That shows that lolis are fine as long as thy arn’t TOO young looking (i.e. under 12).

While I’m not an expert on loli-ism, I think someone on the forums argued that Aya is not a loli. Reason being, she doesn’t act or assume the loli role: she’s just really frail.

In-game “evidence” would be that Aya is in the same class as the player, which means they’re roughly the same age. Nekoko or your unattainable little sister though…

100GB…may or maynot be as big as mine…I’m a bit more discriminating with my lolis…and my HD space (unless that’s more than just images…ifso then mine is easily surpassing that).

Well, in-game US version the ages might not be mentioned in-game or artificially inflated for legal reasons. This is the reason why Aya and Aeka are still considered lolis because clearly, from a legal standpoint Nekoko wouldn’t be because of no girl under 18 policy. But given that all the ages of the characters are inflated then yes, everyone except Mizuki would probably be.

Yes it all comes down to plausible deniability. Is it plausable to deny the girl is really that young? Ifso, they can it. Some translated works stretch that more than others.

The ages aren’t mentioned in-game in the Japanese versions, either. EOCS Software ethics regulations prevent them from using characters under 18 anyway, so they get around this by not mentioning there ages at all…

The text in YMK is the same, regarding age (including the 20y.o gag with Aya), as the Japanese release, since I played both…

Really though, exact age really has nothing to do with loliness as much as appearance does. Even in Studio Ring games, they show some silly screen that claims that all the characters are over 18, and those are Japanese releases.

Indeed, however indirectly ages are listed by school year and school name. The school type is often changes when translated over.