Which games would you recommend?

Hi

I’m recently new to this genre. I already own X-Change and X-Change 2. I’m looking forward to X-Change 3, are there any others you would recommend to me.

Thanks

It really depends on which type of ero-games you prefer. Kana - Little Sister and Crescendo are the titles that are regularly recommended to new visitors here, because both have stories that are great, and at the same time shows that these games aren’t just about gratuitous sex (not always). As such, they are fairly low on sexual content compared to other titles, and instead uses it sparingly to emphasize relationships.

Private Nurse is pretty much the same, though I personally rank it slightly below Kana - Little Sister and Crescendo.

Titles that I’d reccomend other than that are (In no particular order):
Tottemo Pheromone, Brave Soul, Casual Romance Club, Critical Point and Tokimeki Check-In.

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 12-30-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Supertails_pb:
Hi

I'm recently new to this genre. I already own X-Change and X-Change 2. I'm looking forward to X-Change 3, are there any others you would recommend to me.

Thanks

Since you seem to enjoy XC so much, I second AG3's recommendation of TCI. it's probably the closest to XC,imho.

Games I recommend to people who want a story along with their h-scenes:

Crescendo, Kana, Chain, Private Nurse, Tokimeki Checkin!, Heart de Roommate, Critical Point, and Snow Drop.

Games I recommend to people who want a lot of h-scenes:

Kango Shicyauzo 1 (not 2), Do You Like a Horny Bunny 1-2, Come See Me Tonight 1-2, Let’s Meow Meow (warning: soul-sucking DRM required), and Tottemo Pheromone.

Then there’s Brave Soul, the RPG.

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 12-31-2004).]

Some of my favorites…

Little My Maid (ah, Aya, you devilish girl with aristocratic glasses…)
Tokimeki Check in!
Brave Soul
Crescendo
Heart de Roommate

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Payne:
Little My Maid (ah, Aya, you devilish girl with aristocratic glasses...)

O_o;

Aya scares me. I once managed to get on a path were I chose that her glasses was annoying me, whereby the protagonist removes her glasses and kisses her, while ominous music started playing. I got scared and immediatly reloaded from the last save... -_-;

I like to live, dammit!

I'll finish that part another day, probably under the influence of some legal substance or other.

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 01-03-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by AG3:
I got scared

wow, this is the first time i have seen someone got "scared" out of a b-game....

Some of the darker games are rather scary…if not just plain revolting.

Personally, I’d recommend Kana and Crescendo as great story-heavy b-games. Hourglass of Summer is non-H, but is also a fantastic story-heavy b-game. Brave Soul is an H-RPG; enough said. Tokimeki Check-in is a good game if you’re looking for a game with a variety of H-pics with a decent (though brief) story to it. Critical Point is good also, though I personally only took a liking to one of the girls.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 01-03-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
wow, this is the first time i have seen someone got "scared" out of a b-game....

I'm a chicken, so sue me [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

I tend to empathize with game characters (not just the protagonists), one of the reasons I dislike kichikiu games. The ominous music made me feel I wouldn't like whatever happened next, so I fled and postponed it to some other time.

As for the topic, I'd recommend getting ahold of True Love 95 somehow. It's really one of the goldien oldies. Too bad it doesn't work properly on XP.

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 01-04-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by AG3:
O_o;

Aya scares me. I once managed to get on a path were I chose that her glasses was annoying me, whereby the protagonist removes her glasses and kisses her, while ominous music started playing. I got scared and immediatly reloaded from the last save... -_-;

I like to live, dammit!

I'll finish that part another day, probably under the influence of some legal substance or other.

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 01-03-2005).]

I got that scene on my second playthrough, and I didn't load. I seriously disliked the fact that the choices were so vague that at least that one turned the character into raping her! WTF?! However, after that, I chose to make him feel guilty, so at least I managed that.

Little My Maid can be such a nasty game sometimes.

Consider Tokimeki Check in!, which we’ve just lowered the price on. An EXCELLENT game and you’ll like it since it’s by Crowd. Or try something totally new, whatever story or art grabs you from G-Collections.

Another mark in favor of recommending Brave Soul is that a certain bishoujo character from another popular bishoujo game series makes a special guest appearance, of sorts.

quote:
Consider Tokimeki Check in!, which we've just lowered the price on.

Really?! Thank you! W00T!

Among my favorites (that you can still get without going someplace like ebay):

Casual Romance Club
Brave Soul
Tokemi Check-In!
Heart de Roommate
Critical Point
Jast Memorial Collection
MilkyHouse Nemorial Collection

It all depends though what you want though…

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 01-29-2005).]

Which one? Hmmm, I’d say “Let’s Meow Meow”… but that’s my personal taste (I like cats, got one myself)

quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni:
Which one? Hmmm, I'd say "Let's Meow Meow"... but that's my personal taste (I like cats, got one myself)

That's NOT what you're supposed to say. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] It's sort of like me saying, "I like lolis--got a 9-year-old daughter myself." ^_^;; [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-01-2005).]

I mean for me the game is perfect, cuz it’s about cats etc., which made it double interesting for me cuz i like cats. Did i explain it like this or am i just repeating myself? It sounds silly, but that’s just how i am. Plus i like the art, it looks very good.

[This message has been edited by Giovanni (edited 02-02-2005).]

It’s a joke. Not to be taken seriously. I would comment further, but I seem to be digging myself further into the hole as we speak, so I’ll refrain.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
It's sort of like me saying, "I like lolis--got a 9-year-old daughter myself." ^_^;; [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

O_o

That DOES sound pretty freaky...

Yes, I can think we safely chalk that up as one of the least tactful things I’ve said on this board. Effective, but so very wrong…

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-02-2005).]