Why you like Bishoujo game? let's gether each one's view

Why do we like Bishoujo games? Is it not for the same reason we like video games in general? It allow us to do or experence on the computer/virtual world, something we most probably will not do in life. For example, I can’t remember meeting anyone who suddenly got a beautiful girl dropped right on top of them and wants to marry him. Or if one were to play darker games, burn, pillage, rape and be able to have 2 dicks and fuck 2 women with it at the same time. Or in more general terms, some of these protagonist seem to have the stamina of an Olympian cause they screw 6 women and cum 6 times in a row. Even in story based games, the number one driving force for stories seems to coincidence, which results in melodrama because of the said coincidence. Really, if real life that full of coincidence, I would have killed myself from the irony of it all long ago.

Most of these situations can’t be done or do not occur in real life, so we play a game that allow us to fantasies it. After all, we all want something we can not have/do.

An essay made short:

I like eroge because of the story (with visual, audio). I can save / load the game whenever I want, and adjust the pacing.

Secondly, H-scenes. Ok, i be honest, i like H-scenes because when the story builds up and you attract a female heroine, the atmosphere is sooo (how to put it…) Good!

Lastly, I get to play as the “Protagonist”, its like you’re in someone else shoes and going through the story. Each and everyone of us have fantasies, myself included, and Bishoujo (Eroge) is the thing that can achieve that!

one reason i have is there are a lot turned into anime and i like knowing how the anime and game are different and how on explored routes differ

I like eroge VNs for several reasons. The sex is always a plus,but isn’t the main one. Rather manga,anime,and books follow Newtonian physics. Eroge/VNs usually follow Schrodinger physics thus they reflect reality more accurately.Somewhat. :wink:

In my case …

1. The visual novels pretty much remind me of choose-your-own-adventure books that I used to read when I was little. For all intensive purposes, except for the difference in media, they are structurally closely related, hence easy for me to become get into.

2. Good visual novels have memorable characters. By the time I finish a story, I feel as though I knew these people and I keep on thinking about them for quite a while.

3. I feel much more involved while reading visual novels, compared to just sitting right in front of a screen or a TV.

This. Even if it’s single path / no choices, I prefer the approach of at least dictating the speed / flow of the story. I can read faster when it’s boring, more carefully when it’s interesting etc. also depending on how I feel at the time. Deciding the pace really does improve the experience compared to ‘passive’ forms of entertainment like video.