'Why's & 'You know's - The SIlly Visual Novel Ni

This thread has two purposes:

(1) You know you’re playing too many b-games when…

and

(2)Why must bishoujo games…

Or a mix of both, in any way you like.

~

I’ll go first.

Why must b-games…

… always have a protagonist without eyes ? I mean, are these guys born without eyes ?

… not have a gay choice ? I mean, seriously, if i want a harem, I at least want a gay choice. That’s freedom, eps. in these times.

… be strictly all-harem, or all-gay ? WHy can’t we have a mix ?

… be about only one guy ? And fetaure sex by only one guy ?

You get the idea.

Note: the first came to me after seeing the Keiko ending for Tsuki… kinda surprising, as the guys eyes were almost always shrouded, excpet for that one ending.

[ 09-22-2006, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Phineas Lucis ]

I guess that just proves that rhey were born with eyes no? :cool:

For me…
You know you’re playing too many b-games when…

I haven’t played much yet…I only own a few…So, NO COMMENT.
and
Why must b-games…

I just like these games…since it’s not everyday you get to encounter a game that has content only for adults. And, I like the idea that the protagonist have no eyes… For …if their eyes were shown, players will already know the characteristics of the guy. Of course, these are only my opinions…

and
Somehow…I don’t like part about gays…It just not too pleasing to see…again these are only my opinions…

There are quite a few games that show main characters’ eyes. For example, ¬ë""V¬Ç√å¬ÉZ¬É¬å¬Éi¬É¬ä¬ÉA by liar. Here is the game’s official link: http://www.liar.co.jp/celetop.html

Not true. I can recall a game that has a gay ending/choice on top of my head right away. ¬ç√à¬Ç¬µ¬Ç√ö¬Ç√® by Alicesoft. The company’s homepage: http://www.alicesoft.com/
I am sure I have at least played 3 other games that have gay endings, I just can’t remember their names right now.

Not true. A friend of mine was playing a game that has a few mix scenes. The main male character was having sex with a guy while that guy was having sex with a girl. ‚ä‚è‚Ë by Cage. Here is the link to that game: http://products.rune.jp/catalogue/c010yurine/

Again, not ture. There are MANY games that feature more than one guy having sex with a girl. Check out FlyingShine¬ç¬ï’s game titles. Here is their homepage: http://www.flyingshine.com/kuro/index2.html

EDIT:

hmmm… no comment :slight_smile:

[ 09-22-2006, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: SOC ]

There was a similar thread a couple years ago, but I can’t find it…

Benoit… thank you. I suppose I’m too used to GC games, and I need to start learning soem Jap,.

But then again…

You know yu’re playing too manj B-games…

… when, for the firts time, you’re actually interested in the Jap. language, and want to pick it up in order to understand the seech better.

The fact of the matter is if you really want to experience the true joy of being a bgamer, one would be forced to start learning Japanese. I can honestly say the current English bgame market is dying. If not for the short and sweet existence of G-Collections, we wouldn’t even have an English bgame market right now. I can keep on ranting and ranting about this topic but I won’t. Just know one thing, if you think the current offered English titles are enjoyable with lots of variety, just wait until you really tap into untranslated bgames. One can even say there is no good translated English bgame out, not compared to many and many of better untranslated games in Japan.

With so many of them in japan, you gotta wonder if they’re even worth it. I mean, after awhile wouldn’t you run out of ideas for them?

That’s like asking if people ever run out of ideas for anime. Not yet, anyway.

And Phineas, if you want an all gay one, I think Enzai was just released.

Personally, I’d like to see one where the main character is a girl and goes after other girls…

People are extremely creative…
Anyway, DemonSpawn, ¬è¬à¬è-¬ã{ is one game that will definitely fancy you. The game’s official site: http://www.qmax.co.nz/mini/syojokyu_main.html

A personal note: I really…really… like mini’s artstyle.

I’ll have to check that one out. Thanks!

… when you manage to prove all of the prejudices/cliches on his list wrong that easily! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sure - as soon as also no new fictious romantic novels get released because all the possibilities are covered by previously released works!

Also, we here in the west mostly just see the bishoujo games of the strictly NVL-type! Over in Japan, there are games released by brands like Eushully and Escude, that mix compelling stories with decent gameplay into an even more unique blend!

Examples:
[list][]Kuutei Senki (my first ever game from Eushully - that immediately convinced me of them!)[/][]Meishoku no Reiki (though I dislike the player’s character in this one, the gameplay itself is magnificent)[/][]Eiyu x Maou (currently still playing and enjoying this one)[/][/list]

[ 09-25-2006, 03:20 AM: Message edited by: Unicorn ]

But aren’t Japanese b-games censored through and through? I disdain censorship. Whether spoken, written, art or otherwise, I have nothing but contempt for cenorship as it can utterly ruin an otherwise excellent game, and this extends to other things as well, not just b-games. Censored music is a real letdown and I won’t even buy a CD that has censored lyrics; I’ll just wait until I can get the uncensored version.

end rant

Is the Japanese b-game market really that great?

yes

Why???
:confused:

Because. :slight_smile:

Actually, I really have no clue, I’m kinda curious myself.

Exactly how much are they censored? I hate censorship as well, and I knoq at the very least the “naughty bits” are pixeled out and words like “manko” are bleeped.

But…Why in japanese…they are censored. While in english, they are not?

Why…is that? :mad:

May Club had a gay path.

That’s “it”?

"Yusuke, I want to [BEEP] your [BEEP] so [BEEP] bad… Oh YES! [BEEP] my [BEEP]! And not just my [BEEP], my [BEEP] also! [BEEP] oh [BEEP]! [BEEP] [BEEP] [BEEP] [BEEP] [BEEEEEEEEEEEP]!!!

I don’t think you can kill the mood any faster than this.

Okay, I seriously have to learn Japanese now.