Wish list!

Just something fun to do: post your wish list of bishoujo games!
Here’s mine:

JAST USA Memorial Collection
Milky House Memorial
Critical Point
Tokimeki Check-in!
X-Change
X-Change 2
Heart de Roommate
Crescendo
Private Nurse
The Maid’s Story
Graduation

Whoops, misread the post. Ok, wish list:

Heart de Roommate
Do you like horny bunnies 2
Brave Soul
Sakigake (or whatever it was called)
and I wouldn’t mind picking up Bible Black even though it is in japanese

[This message has been edited by dco_chris (edited 04-03-2004).]

Hmmm… It might sound like a shameless boast post but I’ve got all the English bishoujo games I want and have “almost” all the English bishoujo games available in possession. Here is a list of the ones I don’t have.

1. Hentai Anime Poker and its expansion packs ← No way am I getting this after reading so many bad reviews.
2. Light Up! A game of Rock, Paper & Scissors ← It’s only 5 bucks but…but…it doesn’t look like it’s worth the money.
3. Creamy Angel 1-3 ← Really really don’t like the artworks of this Hentai CGs Collections Series.
4. Love Love Show! by Hobibox ← It looks like a decent game but…not sure if it’s worth the price + shipping.

As for what I am looking forward to in general/future.

1. Gibo (Looking at Peachprincess staffs)
2. Little My Maid (Staring at Peachprincess staffs)
3. Gun Shield Warrior SAKIGAKE ← A Lost Hope.
4. Jewel Knights - Crusaders ← Hopefully it will come out this month.
5. Slave Pageant ← Not a kind of game I am normally interested in but it does look interesting enough.

[This message has been edited by Noirbo (edited 04-03-2004).]

The one I have heard a lot of good things about but cannot find for sale is the main one I am looking for at this time. Any leads on who might be legally selling this would be welcome.

True Love

Though of those not out yet I am looking forward too the following games:

Little My Maid
Gun Shield Warrior Sakigake
Jewel Knights - Crusaders

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 04-03-2004).]

Anyone have a picture of the offical box / CD (or disk maybe???) of True Love? I must admit i downloaded it years ago because, well, its totally impossible to find for sale (I deleted the DLed version a fews years back as well). I would love to own the offical version, it was such a fun game. How cool would it be if Peapri could aquire the rights (i’m sure they would be super cheap) and release some of the OOP games like Paradise Heights 1+2 and True Love, maybe even in a collection like they did with the Milky House and JAST stuff.

[This message has been edited by Laslow (edited 04-03-2004).]

Here’s a picture from ladyphoenix’s bishoujo site. A copy sold on eBay last year for somewhere in the neighborhood of $165.

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
Here's a picture from ladyphoenix's bishoujo site. A copy sold on eBay last year for somewhere in the neighborhood of $165.

[img]http://engbishoujo.tripod.com/pictures/misc/truelovecover.jpg[/img]

A couple of years ago, this italian shop ([url=http://www.fatsdream.com]http://www.fatsdream.com[/url]) was CHOKE FULL of unsold copies of this game (it's true!), and the price was VERY low (7 euro).
Today, perhaps a dozen of copies are still available (for a slighty higher price, see http://www.fatsdream.com/elenco.asp?tipo=CD%2DROM%5FPC%5FIMPORT%5FGAME%5FMANGA%5FHENTAI&famiglia=CD%2DROM&nome_famiglia=CD%2DROM ), but i don't know if orders from non-Italian countries are possible.

!!!
Goodie goodie! I have an Italian friend who might be able to translate this site and maybe get it for me. Oh yeah, baby!

Since everyone also mentioned upcoming games…
Gun Shield Warrior SAKIGAKE (I have faith in Peach Princess to get this out)
Little my Maid

EDIT: Thanks to Babelfish I could partly translate the site, and it seems that they don’t ship to foreign countries.
But I hope that I’ll be able to get it through my Italian friend. I’ve made ‘business’ with her before, namely selling her a keyboard adapter for GameCube.
If you want, I could try to arrange something for other members here who want the game, though I know that it involves a lot of trust.

[This message has been edited by Benoit (edited 04-04-2004).]

I bought True Love slightly used for $50 a while back. I gotta say, that game has the most moronic description ever printed on the box. Well, you see the front of the box up there. Not a very accurate description. The back is even worse. While the English one is fairly accurate, the german one is completely nuts. Granted, my German sucks since I only had 1 year of it back in junior high (9 years ago), but even I can see that the main description is complete BS. I’ll write it below, but don’t ask me to translate it, I’m sure someone lurking here is German and better suited to it than me.

Example:

True Love ist ein Abenteuerspiel der anderen Art. Du bist für eine Gruppe wildgewordener mädchen verantwortlich. Kannst Du ihre geheimen Wünsche herausfinden und sie mit ihrem idealen Mann (oder sogar einer Frau) zusammenbringen bevor der letzte Sommer der Freiheit vorüber ist?

And here’s the English description of the same part:

True Love is an adventure game with a difference. You’re a college student looking for True Love. You have your eye on several available women and you must build your character up to try and find out which is the woman for you. Each of the women have a secret desire, but can you find this out before you make your big decision?

The rest is somewhat similar in both languages, but later on the German again gives the impression that you are actually controlling the girls and have to find a suitable guy (or girl) for them.

One thing about this game puzzles me. As those who have downloaded it know, the game takes only a few MB. However, there is 130MB (or somewhere around that size) file on the CD which I have no idea what is. At first I thought it might be voices, since the True Love registry key has an entry for voices, but the game doesn’t seem to use voices at all. Curious…

I have Windows XP and haven’t been able install my old Otaku games. They’re pretty much useless, yet I still can’t part with them.

Maybe in ten years I they’ll be worth $1000 or something equally insane :stuck_out_tongue:

What I don’t get is this seems to be one of those games where if they made it and still sold it for a much more reasonable say 29.95 to perhaps even 39.95 it would sell, but they stopped production? Did the company that made it go under?

I just think it is odd in light of the much and perhaps justly maligned DOR still being sold for around 40.00 dollars. Seems odd the one they choose to keep selling and the one that they don’t sometimes.

Add to the wish-list the possibility of Gibo still unsure at that one but it is one that looks like it has possibilites to me.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 04-04-2004).]

Otaku Publishing are still about as a retailer, but ceased translating/distributing games several years ago. The official line, according to their website FAQ, was that too many people were pirating their games and the sales didn’t justify the effort.

I remember their games being slightly cheaper than other companies, although aside from True Love their catalogue wasn’t bursting with impressive titles.

So in their case it might not have been pirating alone, but one impressive game and a bunch of so-so games?

Still if you have one hit that’s something, but I guess for now at least they are not interested in this market, too bad. A shame too they did not sell the rights to the successful game to someone else to translate.

$165 for a copy of True Love eh ?

I bought True Love/Paradise Heights/Return to Paradise Heights combo disks a few years back. Smell something fishy? Yeah… Your guess is right. The copy I bought was a pirated copy which I failed to identify because of my newbieness when it came to bishoujo games at the time ← (Ah…those good old days, being ripped off and didn’t even know it). When I realized that there was no such official copy exists and trying to hunt down that particualr site, it was taken down already. So my hatred of pirated copies started to grow ever since that time.

Anyway, enough self-history and self-pity. It would be nice if JAST/Peachprincess can make a 3 games combo (True Love/Paradise Heights/Return to Paradise Heights) but honestly, I am not holding my breath.

quote:
Originally posted by Noirbo:
Anyway, enough self-history and self-pity. It would be nice if JAST/Peachprincess can make a 3 games combo (True Love/Paradise Heights/Return to Paradise Heights) but honestly, I am not holding my breath.

That would be a nice combo, and who knows I agree no holding of the breath but it is always possible, someday at least it might come to be, if enough ask for it.

quote:
Originally posted by Interzone:
I have Windows XP and haven't been able install my old Otaku games.

The same goes for me, the True Love CD won't install correctly on XP, only my 98 computer. So if I want to play on my XP system, I have to use the downloaded version. But XP still has a problem with the midi music, so the 98 system is better for playing these games anyway.

As for the combo pack mentioned... I hate the Paradise Heights games, one big, boring sex-fest. I wouldn't buy them even if they were re-released.

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 04-04-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Noirbo:
$165 for a copy of True Love eh ?

In fact, the seller was none other than our own bokmeow. Haven't seen him around for a while. Maybe he decided to become a full-time eBay trader? The subject came up in an old thread [cleaning out the closet] where Nandemonai found a used copy of Gin-Iro for only $123.50 - a real bargain! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Just to show you how crazy things can get on eBay, here's the log for the True Love auction.
quote:
And here's the bid, play-by-play:
he-who-is(27) $164.55 Jan-21-03 02:53:34 PST
he-who-is(27) $164.55 Jan-16-03 07:26:19 PST
dragonfire000(5) $162.05 Jan-20-03 22:12:06 PST
dragonfire000(5) $152.00 Jan-20-03 22:11:14 PST
dragonfire000(5) $146.00 Jan-20-03 22:10:56 PST
dragonfire000(5) $131.00 Jan-20-03 22:09:40 PST
dragonfire000(5) $123.99 Jan-20-03 22:09:24 PST
dragonfire000(5) $102.50 Jan-20-03 22:08:48 PST
dragonfire000(5) $95.01 Jan-20-03 21:58:02 PST
dragonfire000(5) $85.01 Jan-20-03 21:57:41 PST
kristin_mom(6) $75.99 Jan-19-03 11:23:25 PST
dragonfire000(5) $51.05 Jan-15-03 15:33:43 PST
xenologer(18) $50.00 Jan-14-03 17:56:13 PST
dragonfire000(5) $47.04 Jan-15-03 15:32:28 PST
dragonfire000(5) $44.03 Jan-15-03 15:32:02 PST
dragonfire000(5) $36.50 Jan-15-03 15:31:26 PST
minhoanh3@cs.com(200) $25.00 Jan-14-03 21:58:00 PST
mistsage(25) $10.00 Jan-14-03 09:05:46 PST

[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 04-04-2004).]

Crazy! I sure that some people on ebay are gripped with temporary insanity. I mean, it’s a good game but $165 worth?

Since the company is still in business is there a reason for it not to at least print and sell games it already translated? Could it have something to do with the price of printing/packaging games? I would think that enough people would be interested to make it worthwhile.

quote:
Originally posted by Laslow:
Since the company is still in business is there a reason for it not to at least print and sell games it already translated? Could it have something to do with the price of printing/packaging games? I would think that enough people would be interested to make it worthwhile.

The only really good game they published was True Love. There might be some interest if several games were put on a disk, but it probably wouldn't be worth it for them. They would have to fix the compatibility problems with XP for a start. Then there is the fact that since the games are old and are showing their age badly, they would have to be at a pretty low price. Factor in a limited production run and it probably wouldn't make them much money , if any. This is all assuming that they even own the rights still.

[This message has been edited by dco_chris (edited 04-04-2004).]