X Change Alternative 2: The Thread

Indeed it does; House Harkonnen seeks to have a monopoly of all eroge on the planet Ero, known alos as Galge, while House Corrino eeks to ban them outright.

Btw, shingo, looking at Konohana’s webby (http://www.job.zaq.jp/konohana/), I’m starting to suspect that X-change ALternative 2 may be a futanari game. Well, I could be wrong, but one of his doujinshis give me this suspicion.

Given that XC Alternate 2 isn’t even coming out in Japan until this summer , what’s a reasonable time frame for the soonest we could reasonably expect to see an official US release ? I am wanting this game so bad already lol !
I swear in my next life I 'm going to be reincarnated as a Japanese schoolgirl just for access to all the great anime/games/manga .

Fall 2008, I would guess. There is a turn-around rate of one year.

errr, guys i dont think it’s a good idea to turn this thread, which is about the game itself, into some sort of licensing speculation; i have purposely asked shingo to add that disclaimer on the top because from experience i knew this will happen

honestly though, with almost a dozen games in our pipeline right now, i seriously doubt that we will pursue any new licenses anytime soon…but like i say all the time, never say never, as we are of course always on the lookout for potential candidates

Yeah, I noticed that. The Crowd team have him on contract to draw whatever they want him to, of course, but I’d be surprised if XCA2 didn’t contain at least some futanari action. :3 Can’t wait for the first sample CGs to show up on the site.

I agree, though, noting the success of Alternative 1 (and the fact the entire X-change series got licensed), I wouldn’t be surprised if Alternative 2 does get licensed.

But yeah; this isn’t a licensing thread. I mean; you can’t license a game that’ still in the development phase in it’s home country !

You can say that, Lamuness :slight_smile: but I have somewhere close to zero credence in the idea that Peach Princess going to deliberately skip over the next iteration of its most successful franchise. Just because you’re not picking it up when there’s 12 other games enqueued doesn’t mean you won’t pick it up afterward. :slight_smile:

[Edit: quoted wrong part of Lamuness’ post]

[ 04-09-2007, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Nandemonai ]

I just finished the previous game. And other than Kyoko’s section I loved the whole thing. Now the idea of body exchange is intriguing of course I liked the Hentai movie Body Transfer too. Heh. Yuffie’s not going to like what I’ll be doing to her. (Note I’m referring to my story, maybe you’ll see it soon.)

Dude. the game hasn’t been released in Japan yet. Before we can even talk about licensing, we gtta see how the ganme does in Japan.

Oh come on, Phineas, you know Peach Princess is going to pick this game up for sure. :slight_smile:

ahem They didn’t pick up that small offshoot of Brave Soul, and there are lots of CROWD games thata re unlucky.

Of course, I do acknowledge that the X-chaneg series is, more often than not, usually translated, along with Alternative 2, but, again, there’s no real guarantee. Not to be pessimistic… just cautious. Anythign could happen.

And like Lamuness always says… time.

The first two sample CG images for XCA2 went online yesterday:

http://www.hs-crowd.co.jp/crowd/product/xca2/xca2_sample.html

I wonder if the game is going to be in a nonstandard screen resolution, or if they’ve been cropped for display online. I also wonder if these two images are from before or after the body swap. Speculation, speculation… :3

[ 05-10-2007, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: Shingo ]

She looks like she’s in a tube. Is that how the body swap is going to take place?

Looks to me to be before the body swap.

It looks like I will probably end up importing this one like the last one. I really like the idea of body swapping. This type of theme opens up a lot of hilarious opportunities. :slight_smile:

I love Yin Yang, but looking at the art for the new one… I don’t know… It looks a bit darker, I will say that. But the original Alternative was REALLY good, and had a much richer plot and characters than any of the other X Change games. Here is hoping that it turns out good. Honestly though, if it is coming out now… it may be a while before it hits American shores… if it all.

[ 07-16-2007, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: rubyred84 ]

I just finished reading all that stuff on the website. I’m so going to get this if it comes out in English. My Japanese is wayyy to bad/slow to enjoy it otherwise.

Personally, I’d like to see this one here in the US.

Just a quick update on the status of XCA2: according to Crowd’s official blog work is still proceeding on the title, but the company’s resources are currently focused on the latest project from Crowd sister brand Anim. The official XCA2 site still lists the game as scheduled for release in “2007”, so hopefully they’ll stick to that timetable…

I would too! I hope we’ll be able to pick it up, but considering that it’s not even out in Japan yet any speculation is still just that.

[ 10-16-2007, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Shingo ]

Futanari? Now I’m interested!