X Change Alternative 2: The Thread

Kaphoot…(noice when some form of drink is suddenly forcerfully expelled from mouth in surprise)

Futa!?!

Okay, now that would be interestinng if it was 2 girls. If sex had more than 1 free extra appendage, I’m not interested anymore. But heck, if it is body swapping, sign me up because I love Gender Bender.

I like futa as long as it is f x g. Futa basically counts as half-guy, half-girl (imagine that), so f x g has 1.5 : .5 (AKA 3:1) girl-to-guy ratio, whereas straight sex is 1:1.

The more girls involved in the scene, the better!

One thing I’m surprised at is that why didn’t they try making an X0change up till now that focused on a girl who suddenly got changed into a guy and as a result, has girls piling over him because as a guy, he has insane Bishonen features.

Well iv heard some rumours that we get to choose to play as either the girl or guy, it was awhile ago though but apparently it was hinted to at one point by Crowd, don’t remember where i read it.

I’m personally hoping we get something like Nikutai Teni, where if you get certain endings you get another character to play the story from.

I’m thinking;
Yuki - start with him
Mine - get true ending with Yuki
One of Mine’s friends - get ending with Yuki
One of the teachers - Get ending with Mine
Oriba - Complete all other endings

Yeah… Oriba was thrown in for laughs

Hmmm, come to think of it, the artist is the same one that did Yume Miru Kusuri.

Yume Miru Kusuri was designed by Haimura Kiyotaka; XChange Alternative 2 is being designed by Konohana.

But the style is so similar!!!

Release date is Q3 2008 i’v heard. Alot of hentai companies are hiring at the moment so perhaps the worker shortage is slowing production time?

Another random thing I noticed a while ago - although as Shingo mentioned in the OP, the scenario writer for XCA2 (okomeman) doesn’t have any games to his credit on erogamescape, he/she is listed in the XCA credits (sorry, I don’t actually remember what it was for). So okomeman seems to have had some experience in the bishoujo industry prior to this - hopefully that bodes well for a good scenario :).

He seems to be the public face of the Crowd collective these days, kind of like Nitro+'s Joymax on a less bizarre/extreme scale. He’s been highly active for the past several months on the official Crowd blog, so we know that he’s not AWOL, and at the pace that their sister brand Anim has been pumping out titles over the past several months my guess is that they’re doing all right in terms of staff when it comes to colorists. The one key element that could hold back production of XCA2 seems to me to be the absence of the lead artist Konohana, who indeed seems to have put work on the game on the back burner for now. I hope they can pull things together soon, I’m looking forward to it.

Hey guys, give a look.

It seems CROWD will be releasing yet another game from the XC series, X-CHANGE ALTERNATIVE 2. :roll:

http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=398205
http://www.hs-crowd.co.jp/crowd/product/xca2/index.html

It seems the Rape Bus will keep driving once again… :lol: Any thoughts?

I read this somewhere before.Well,X-change series is the only series peapri is following with devotion,maybe we will see it in english someday?Altough X-change alternative is better than the previous series,it’s also has no specialty,just your usual b-game(lesser of two evil,I guess)

Rape bus?Hah,now that’s bad news.I put my bet that the hero(or heroine in this case?) is the only one getting raped again this time

he/she will get raped but she will like it…

I’ll pass.
X change 1 ans X change alternative were enough for me.

It’s more than Cash Cowing… it’s something I’m starting to call, Cash Whoring.

Ijitte Princess from Vitamin is the same boat.

So long as people keep buying them, the companies will keep making those kinds of products. There’s a demand, and they fill it.

Really can’t blame them to be honest. :expressionless:

That’s so true. :roll:

I never bought and probably never will buy any X-C game because the idea of a male protagonist being turned into a girl and being raped dozens of times really turn me off. :? If at least they fight back, like Ranma Saotome…

Anyway, i hope in the future Peapri could bring eroges from another makers aside CROWD, like Sekai de Ichiban and Bullet Buttlers, instead.

But It seems lately many eroges in Japan nowadays are more about TRAPs than anything else, too… :lol:

That’s pretty much the same reason I haven’t bought any of the X-change games. Not really the kind of thing that gets me going, and I’m doubtful it has any sort of meaningful story to make up for it, therefore, I avoid them.

To be honest, that concept doesn’t really bother me. I suppose that’s to be expected, as I’m a Dark Sider… It would also be hypocritic if I suddenly didn’t like a dark eroge because there was a scene where it was ME being raped, rather than me raping someone else.

I believe its expected for an X-Change title, to include the Rape Bus… just like its expected for Ijitte Princess to be about Princesses.

What I don’t like, is how the sequels (and sometimes prequels) are the EXACT SAME THING over and over again: they just change the characters with a new cast… maybe update the music here and there… BINGO! We have a “new” game. :roll:

I like sequels… but I like them to introduce something new. Something innovative. Something different. It doesn’t have to be bling-bling… but it should be more than just a new batch of characters, pretty much doing the same thing their previous incarnations were doing. And when a company does it over, and over, and over, and over - just because people are buying them, rather than actual improvement to the series - well… its Cash Whoring.

True that. Buy any of the first three X-Change’s and you’ll pretty much know what the rest are about. So not much point in buying the others unless you really like something about it (like the art, the subject matter, or something like that).

There was no rape bus in Alternative, nor was there any rape you couldn’t avoid through making the right choices.(With the only exception being one path.)

That being said, I have to agree that the X-change series needs to be put to rest, and move of for new waters.

I actually liked X-Change alternative, and like the previous poster mentioned, it really wasn’t about rape. The game actually had some good humor in it and some fun, erotic scenes. Now, if you can’t get over the idea that you’re “really” a guy and feel uncomfortable playing the one being used for sex - or if you’re uncomfortable in your sexuality and thus homophobic - then it might be hard, yes. (I wouldn’t want to play a game in which I was a guy being taken by other guys, but I found it alot easier when you’re a girl at the time)

I did try to play the first X-change game and that was terrible - had no plot that didn’t involve you getting raped by someone, and the writing was absolutely awful.

One of the problems I always had with the x-change titles was the premise that everyone in your school knew you were the same person, transformed. I think it would have been much more interesting if you’d gone to a different school, or posed as a transfer student and had to deal with the social awkwardness of living as a girl without anyone knowing the truth … thus you’d be hit on and harassed by boys, while attempting to pursue the girls you’re interested in despite your apparent sex. That would make for a much more interesting story, if you ask me. (of course, that could be the psychology student in me talking)