XC3 Patch 1.1

I just noticed it was on the Peach Princess website yesterday. I played through the Asuka good ending after installing it. There are still some major spelling and grammar goofs IMO, but at least it’s out. XC3 Patch

I thought it’d be a frontpage item or something. Anyways, because it’s out, the patch restores blood to Asuka’s rape scene(s), adds in lines that were left out, and fixes typos and grammatical errors or so I was told.

[ 04-17-2007, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

Yeah, I’ve noticed the return of blood in Ayano’s rape scene. It does change/add some lines from the original english version.

Edited by Mystvan

[ 06-18-2007, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

Does it add in the scenes that were previously removed?

I doubt it… but if that ever happened, I can’t really imagine the expression on coolgamer’s face.

Then again, I doubt it’d ever happen.

Edited by Mystvan

[ 06-18-2007, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

So far, he hasn’t. And yes, he’s very happy that at least one part of the issue was fixed. I’m getting his thoughts by e-mail, given his current ban

EDIT by lamuness:
i must stress again that coolgamer is banned because of advocating piracy, not for any other reason

[ 04-18-2007, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]

Edited by Mystvan

[ 06-18-2007, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

Personally, this is what I would call “promoting cowardice”.

[ 04-18-2007, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: B173 M3 ]

Edited by Mystvan

[ 06-18-2007, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

Well, having played through the game again becuase of the patch, I am reminded how nasty some of the bad endings were. Talk about finalizing Takuya’s life and ending the “trilogy”.

Edited by Mystvan

[ 06-18-2007, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

Yeah… it just made the bad endings even worse than without the patch. I honestly wished I didn’t install it, after-all. I mean, one of the endings was so bad, I actually cried. (I’m sure most of you know what ending I am talking about.) Maybe I am just too soft… but it almost made me wished that the scene was edited out, honestly…

I think I am just going to delete the game and re-install it without the patch, for my sake, at least… But to those who got the patch and are happy with it, I am happy for you, if that pleases you. (Do I make sense? I’m not so sure…) To each their own.

-Nicole

I know what you mean. It’s there and that’s the way it is. I had intended to only play the endings I like. Foolishly I decided to go through them all.

I just got and played out about half of XC 3 in Japanese, darn good thing I played it in English first, and what I have found about the censorship issues is “better safe than sorry”.

I say that because I can see the RCMP and Canada Customs getting very antsy about the Lipp scene considering the Canadian criminal code does talk about “other visual representations” of children being illegal. If these nice friendly folk got too upset about it they could cause a lot of issues for Canadians and others. (Yes, I checked the Canadian Criminal code and while it does not specifically say “drawn images” the image of Lipp may be looked at as “other visual images”)

Some may disagree with this because it is a drawing and as much as I tend to agree that sometimes they go overboard with censorship, however, there is a fine line that is being inched toward if Lipp remained. In this case Lipp’s departure does little to effect the scene where she appears. So, other than not being informed and offered a patch to download I see no need to be overly upset with Lipp not being in the “maid scene”.

Like Nicole and the scenes she saw, I found the inclusion of Lipp disturbing and really not needed at all. She added nothing to the game from what I could see and my limited Japanese reading ability.

So, there is censorship and there is Censorship.

I agree. From what I’ve learned of the Japanese original, what is missing from the English version would offend my sensibilities. Thanks for the confirmation though.

quote:

Originally posted by Riverwatcher:
I say that because I can see the RCMP and Canada Customs getting very antsy about the Lipp scene considering the Canadian criminal code does talk about “other visual representations” of children being illegal. If these nice friendly folk got too upset about it they could cause a lot of issues for Canadians and others. (Yes, I checked the Canadian Criminal code and while it does not specifically say “drawn images” the image of Lipp may be looked at as “other visual images”)

It is the same in Sweden that even drawn images is illegal, so far that rule haven’t been enforced but it exist.
I can understand PP better safe than sorry policy.
If the scene do not add anything from the game it can be safely deleted. Let those who lives in countrys with a more open law concerned drawings download a patch, all others can do it on their own responsibility. I import those games i want to play both in English and in Japanese and would not have my games impounded in customs on suspicion only.
If scenes like Lipp comes to the media attention maybe police and customs will start to enforce the law against evry bishjou game on suspicion only.
In EU it is a trend towards more restrictions against computer games.
Maybe i just rant again but this is my 2 cents, and last word in this thread.

[ 04-20-2007, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: Johan ]

I don’t find it any more disturbing then the rape scenes, myself. In fact, I find it less disturbing. At least it’s consensual (in the game’s world, anyway), and there’s no screaming in pain or terror. I’ve ordered the Japanese version as a favor for CG, and plan to check it out once I’ve got it.

If anyone could post screengrabs of what the patch changed besides CG (dialog wise), that would be nice.

Agreed. BEEP is much better then rape in my opinion. At least its consensual even if legally it can’t be.

EDIT by Lamuness:
Sorry, but what you have stated can be perceived as advocating something that is very illegal. please edit or clarify your post to make it at least appear legal, thank you

[ 04-24-2007, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]