Yami No Koe Zero (Black Cyc 2008)

Naw… seeing what the package ad says, it will be the exact same disc as the one included in the special edition of Gore Screaming Show. Nothing added on. I was just being kinda wishful there. :slight_smile:

I only brought up MinDeaD, because the two titles are unquestionably in the same setting. They aren’t sequels though… more like how Star Trek the Next Generation and Star Trek Deep Space 9 are related and in the same timeline.

Yami no Koe (so far) appears to be in its own universe. Black Cyc Universe #1. However the crossover disc does raise some possibilities, so maybe its not alone, and instead with…

MinDeaD BlooD + Gore Screaming Show = same setting. Black Cyc Universe #2.

Musashi + EXTRAVAGANZA = same setting. Black Cyc Universe #3.

Gun-Katana is still hard to pin down for me. Someone told me that there’s a comment in the game, that connects it with MinDeaD/Gore. I don’t recall it, and I’m trying to find it. However I recall reading somewhere in an ero magazine, that its connected with Musashi/EXTRA - but maybe I’m recalling it wrong, and that it was only referring that people who made Musashi/EXTRA were involved.

Either way… I’m not sure where it lies… IMHO it would make more sense with MinDeaD/Gore… but then there are things that don’t match up too. Might be it’s own universe.

Mugen sucks… I hope it’s not connected to anything. Black Cyc Universe that should be forgotten. :mad:

[ 01-18-2008, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Well, taking into account what Gore is actually capable of, travelling into another universes should be nothing to him… :slight_smile:

One thing (excuse my ignorance as I haven’t played much of either game yet), I was flipping through the GK artbook and noticed something called Blood Eleven that has a similar star pattern thing on his face that Gore has. Are they the same species or whatever?

Gore should actually be pretty unique. Maybe it is mimicking him… :wink:

… or perhaps …
… Masshiro …? :eek:

[ 01-18-2008, 02:58 AM: Message edited by: Unicorn ]

The theme song for Yami no Koe is now available for download:

[url=http://www.cyc-soft.com/b-cyc-pro/yamizero/dl/zero_dl03.htm]http://www.cyc-soft.com/b-cyc-pro/yamizero/dl/zero_dl03.htm[/url]    

Its not quite what I expected… kinda surreal… but I think it fits.

Can’t wait to see what the opening movie looks like with this tune playing. :slight_smile:

Very true. :slight_smile:

See… I was thinking that too, but…

Stuff like what DarkFusion just pointed out, connect it more with the MinDeaD/Gore setting. Its like it could be in both… or perhaps Gun-Katana is the “missing link” that connects the two. Only problem is, the Musashi/EXTRA has a technology base that seems higher than that shown in MinDeaD/Gore… of course Yuka’s Piledriver is rather advanced to RL standards, but its not actually an AI. Also innate magic in MinDeaD/Gore is more powerful than innate magic in Musashi/EXTRA.

Argh… my head hurts. :slight_smile: [/b]
[/quote]
Me too. :slight_smile:

[ 01-18-2008, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Hmm, i like it :slight_smile:

Edit: btw Narg, no twincest Ava anymore?

Oooh Nights, I see you too like Kaede, the mascot of Ninetail, heheh :mrgreen: …

Just a temp holder. I’m looking for a new twincest avatar that’s cool, but I need to actually hunt through my archive and find a good one.

I’ll just recycle something from Futari de Hitotsu no Koigokoro in the mean time.

She is damn cute :smiley:

Their showing off the game’s “gimmick” feature:

http://www.cyc-soft.com/b-cyc-pro/yamiz … system.htm

I guess it’s not a spoiler to answer this, once you are aware that all the Black Cyc titles take place in the same Universe. Until recently I was against the entire notion (I thought it was at least two realties), but the facts argue otherwise, and things are beginning to make waaaaay more sense now that I accept it. I’ve actually begun replaying older games that I’m kinda vague on, because having a “bigger picture” view on things is REALLY cool.

So in answer to your question… don’t go further if you’re worried its a spoiler to know (iffy on the thing; the entry on the Black Cyc site seems to hint on it, and the connection doesn’t makes sense unless you’ve seen GSS first, and accept GunKatana takes place at the same time)… Gore and Bloodeleven are the same species (but Gore is much more powerful; perhaps an “elder” or the “master” entity… then again, it could be due to the qualities of their “owners”, as Yuka is special).

Also this make a whole lot of sense now.

Bloodeleven is uglier than Gore though… not that Gore is handsome or anything. :o

“My name is Gore! I am Gore! You too are Gore! We are Gore! Gore Gore Gore Gore!”

Did I get that translation more or less correct?

Yup-yup! :smiley:

Of course when Gore says it, it’s pure damn win. He has the most badass voice actor, combined with a “mechanical voice effect” that makes it even more badass. I always thought Gore was just being insane with that introduction (because Gore is - if nothing else - Chaos incarnate): and explaining how everyone else is gonna be “gore” when he’s done. :twisted:

But now… now I think Gore was being adamant to ensure no one would mistake his “exploits” with another of his kind. They seem to be rather forceful to ensure victims are aware of whom they face. No idea why though…

However Bloodeleven isn’t as cool as Gore, so he has more to prove… but I think that was intentional.

Oh yeah… and while the screen capture doesn’t show it (because it pops up after hitting “enter”), the entire intro goes:

Yes… totally badass… 8)

…I read “Watashi (I, myself -with a female nuance-) no namae mo Goa!” here, not “Watashitachi” (We, us), therefore I think the translation is “Me too I am Gore!” in female sense (and in direct opposition to the masculine “Ore no namae wa Goa!” used in the same phrase… Gore shows great promise as future politician :wink: ).

Actually I prefer the We are Gore! translation. English does not handle the masculine-feminine context that other languages do. Therefore the mood which Gore is trying to convey is lost in a direct word for word translation. What Gore is doing, along with demonstrating his insanity, is repeatedly reinforcing that he’s Gore and no one else (and not to be somehow mistaken for another).

We are Gore! does both, as it continues the train of dialog with Gore repeatedly naming himself, as well as strengthening the point that he’s “not all there” because people don’t call their individual self we. Furthermore by using the “we” context, he adds more to the insanity thing, since “we” could define that Gore has the popular misunderstanding of schizophrenia (which he very well might to be honest).

The creative license in this regard, is far superior. 8)

There are only so many ways to say “I” in English, and there’s fewer than in Japanese. “We are gore” does imply he’s referring to “I” and “you” in the same sentence, which really he isn’t. But it would break the flow – they’re all very short exclamations and he’s just repeating himself (or not, or mostly repeating himself) and then he just starts howling “Gore!!” over and over.

The translators of Ruroni Kenshin had the same problem.

Nice to see someone thinks I know what I’m doing, cause I’ve only had 2 semesters of Japanese total and I still don’t know jack :slight_smile:

The release has been pushed back for two months - giving me another chance to finish the MinDead Blood expansion before that. :wink:

But the even worse news is: The special box doesn’t contain the entire series at all: Ibunroku (as bad as it may be rumoured to be) is missing!!! Thus, the box wouldn’t fill the gap in my collection! :cry:

Apparently we get instead the regular as well as the special edition of the first game! :?
Now I have to ponder again whether I want to pay that price only for getting the crossover with GSS - because I already have the special edition of the first game and don’t really care about its regular edition… :shock:

Ugh… double suckage there. :cry:

You think Black Cyc not including Ibunroku in the set, is their way of removing it from canon? I guess it was a REALLY terrible mistake for them to make that game after all. :expressionless:

Having not yet even played a demo for Ibunroku, I honestly don’t know whether such drastic measures should be applied.
After all, if they want to erase one mistake from their slate, wouldn’t then Mugen Kairou be the better candidate?

Maybe, your friend who is a real Cyc-fan knows better in this regard…

Meanwhile, I ponder whether I should forget about Yami no Koe Zero for now - and acquire it as well as Ibunroku as soon as they become available on dlSite instead - just like I did with the first three parts. Sure, that may mean having to wait for a year or two or three, but the lower price for buying them as downloads definitely have to be taken into account - as well as my backlog that will keep me entertained until then anyway.

Ibunroku did bomb pretty hard, and is a major blemish on the series. Mugen Kairou is a stand alone title, and so its pretty easy for Cyc to just ignore it ever existed, thus removing it from canon by just never referring to its events. Ibunroku though… well… I never played it so I can’t say…

Nah… he thinks EVERYTHING from Cyc is good. Which makes him a blind fanatic. He’ll just argue why its worth of being in the Koe series. Sorta how I think twincest - no matter what form it comes in - is divinely ordained by Heaven. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I’m with you in this matter. I might just cancel the preorder and just get the regular edition. It’s good news that there’s a delay, because it means they might be adding more or fixing something. I like how Black Cyc isn’t afraid to do that. I’ll wait to see the playable demo… that will make up mind.

sigh thus we csn base our judgement on Ibunroku onlöy on what we heard?
Didn’t any body here play Ibunroku at all?

Actually, I still would like to hear/read that as ab alternative to the typical bashing of Ibunroku.
At the very least, I would like to know how it is connected to the other parts, what happens n there and thus whether it could (in theory) be undone by applying the Bobby-Ewing-resurrection-method!

Now you made me challenge your faith - if you have to put it in such a commonplace (“no matter what…”):
So, even if it is a yaoi-love-story between two tein-brothers?
I think I have to talk to the guys from Cyc Rose… :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah… he thinks EVERYTHING from Cyc is good. Which makes him a blind fanatic. He’ll just argue why its worth of being in the Koe series. Sorta how I think twincest - no matter what form it comes in - is divinely ordained by Heaven. :stuck_out_tongue:

I fear you misunderstood me! I wouldn’t just go back to the regular edition - I wanted to wait until Cyc releases it on dlSite - meaning not this year, but probably in two years or so…
Menawhile, I hope that Ibunroku will appear there too - and thus I can check it myself whether it really is all that bad.
So far, the only fixed point of criticism that I got was the different grapics style. Now, if the gameplay would have degenerated to a normal choose-your-path-NVL - that would really be an unacceptable deterioration for me!

… and now back to Mayu and Mana - from now on with BGM! :wink: