Yaoi question

personally i have already told peter to take alook at the companies who made “suki na mono wa suki dakara” (forgot company name) and A/O (stack software), but that’s all i can do in terms of consultation because I don’t play BL games myself, but I do know that those 2 BL games are quite popular in many places

I don’t know of it’s homophobia or what, but there is NO cross-breeding between hentai and yaoi. No companies do both kinds of games, no artists do both kinds of image – it’s just not done. Only in anime like Kare-Kano (which rules by the way – stop what you’re doing and go find it) do you have cross-treatment of b/b and b/g themes.

Kare-Kano, is that the one they renamed to His and Her Circumstances?

------------------
精神 の 神

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:

Exactly.
I have watched only the second volume so far and wasn't too thrilled...
I rather prefer Mahoutsukai ni taisetsu na mono alias Somedays dreamers.

Karekano is like an grownup version of Azumanga Daioh. The animation is inventive, the music is addictive, and the story is hilarious. The only problem is the series ends with nothing resolved. The last episode is just storyboard sketches because the project ran out of funding.

And there isn’t going to be anymore either. They pissed off the creator (I mean, I’d be pissed if that’s what happened…)

But the manga has been translated! Go read the manga, they’re past where the anime ended now.

The anime is great up until episode 18. After then they spend THE REST OF THE SHOW building up to something that NEVER HAPPENS.

quote:

"Renamed"? What do you mean, "renamed"? That is the actual translation of the title.

Renamed. Translated. Same same. It’s like Sakura Taisen getting renamed to Sakura Wars. It’s a good thing they weren’t dicks about it and called it Cherry Blossom Wars, it just doesn’t sound right.

------------------
精神 の 神

[This message has been edited by Seishin (edited 08-19-2004).]

quote:
Kare-Kano is short for Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou which translates to His and Her Circumstances.
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Payne:
I don't know of it's homophobia or what, but there is ***NO*** cross-breeding between hentai and yaoi. No companies do both kinds of games, no artists do both kinds of image -- it's just not done. Only in anime like Kare-Kano (which rules by the way -- stop what you're doing and go find it) do you have cross-treatment of b/b and b/g themes.

Theres a few of them. Magic Users Club also has some b/b stuff. Well not really its actually one gay guy chasing after the main character all the time and its played for laughs... but its a great series worth checking out.

quote:
Renamed. Translated. Same same. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] It's like Sakura Taisen getting renamed to Sakura Wars. It's a good thing they weren't dicks about it and called it Cherry Blossom Wars, it just doesn't sound right.

I don't think anyone would have taken that title seriously that's the problem, it would sound almost too much like a young girl anime, even though if they bothered to look up Sakura they would see that title meaning it's the same thing but Sakura Wars does sound better.

I bet they would have done a full title translation if the main character wasn’t called Sakura. I just like sakura so much better than cherry blossoms, it sounds more elegant.

------------------
精神 の 神

[This message has been edited by Seishin (edited 08-19-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Payne:
I don't know of it's homophobia or what, but there is ***NO*** cross-breeding between hentai and yaoi. No companies do both kinds of games, no artists do both kinds of image -- it's just not done. Only in anime like Kare-Kano (which rules by the way -- stop what you're doing and go find it) do you have cross-treatment of b/b and b/g themes.

And this makes me very sad. :< Personally I'm a fan of all pairings, yaoi, yuri, straight, whatever--but I guess I'm part of a teeny little minority. In my own projects and artwork I work hard to portray different pairings, but it's just for fun--I can understand why a company producing b-games would be hesitant to take the financial risk that it would pose.

And yes, Kare Kano does seem fantastic from what little I've seen of it. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] But how like GAINAX to go overbudget and cheap out on the series ending... grrrr.

Platinum Label is the company that did Sukisho.

hate that yaoi theme game or anime, they make me sick. yuri is allright but yaoi sucks. ia wonder why does many yaoi or Boys love appear, such as gravitation and kou-kara ma-ou.
note : though ihate yaoi but i appreciate those who love yaoi.

Yaoi games, huh? I think it would be great to see some Yaoi and Yuri games in the English market. Even though I am not personally interested in Yaoi games, it would be such a great favor for the fan girls and I would be happy for them. Really, this whole market is so small in the US, it would be awesome for the fan boy and fan girls to stick together. I would be the kind of person to buy a BL game for a friend as a present. Some guys would even buy the games. Just the same, I know some girls who want to play yuri games. To see this market expand in new directions would be great. Too bad Peapri doesn’t have money for TV commercials because there are so many potential fans out there.

Wow I haven’t looked on this board for a while and I look again and there is talk of yaoi games in English? I was playing Ore no Shita de Akage the other day and I was thinking it would be cool to play it in English cause I quite like the game alot, I just play for the happy endings cause I’m a sucker and like the characters too much to do nasty things to them. But anyway, I think there would be a great market for these games and dont bother listining to the few homophobic people on this board, they obviously aren’t your market anyway. The game I mentioned above and other games people on this board have listed get my vote along with Suits wo Nuida ato…, just about any Marine Heart game and Alice Blue’s Ojisama games.

quote:
Originally posted by Baldo:
Necromancy? If the post gives useful information (not useless spamming), I don't see any problems into "re-animate" old threads, concentrating all pertinent information into a single spot.

Personally, I'm not particularly interested in Yaoi games, but, after following an advice of Spectator Beholder (and a reading of a few Japanese reviews), I've played the Game Demos of all Black Cyc's products, with a particular attention towards Yami no Koe 1 and 2.
Truly impressive!! Not only these two games are incredibly good and original (they have got an incredible success, years ago, and Black Cyc has even produced an improved, "multiview"/multiple DVD version of both), but they include several Yaoi scenes in the narration, too! Those included in the Demos were funny/interesting, but, apparently, merely a sample of the true action (for example, I've read somewhere that Yami no Koe 1 contains an hot "intimate session" [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] between the 3 MALE protagonists...)!
For a not-overly-traumatic introduction to Yaoi genre, perhaps these games are a viable option. What have to say those Forum members that have bought these games? Judging form Himeya, I'm sure that at least a few members have YnK 1 and 2 in their possession.