Yin-yang x-change?

I got this game from Himeya. After completed 80% of the game, I have to say I really enjoy XC:A. XC3 was great when it came out, but XCA is better in several area.

Firstable, the ‘raping bus’ thing in previous XC is gone - thank God.

Graphics quality improves greatly, especially the background. Its clear to see they put in a lot of effort.

Character design is different to previous game but equally nice - if not better. To be honest I like XCA’s character design better than the one in previous XC game. However, I feel there should be a little more character expression done for a bit more variety.

Story - I think Crowd is taking a slight more
‘serious’ approach in this game, which is great. Generally you don’t get to have sex scene everywhere like previous XC games. Instead, sex scene are only used if necessary for story. The story spends more time on the character development, help player getting more involved in his perspective, and how he interact with the person around him.

The main character, Kaoru, as ijuin_kun pointed out, is trying to be manly. He hated being called girly, and will beat the hell out of whoever call him that. Thus, when he get turned into a girl, apart from physically weaker, he also need to get used to things he hated being previously - being a girl. The CV acting is pretty good too! Hearing Kaoru as a girl talking like a man is so funny

I wouldn’t want to spoil the rest of the story for you - its however safe to say - very good. There are also many humour spots and that really make me laugh

The endings and branching possibilities are however less than XC3 games. Some endings are ok-ish in my opinion, but there are 3 that I think is great.

Overall, I think this game is really worth playing, especially if you enjoy the previous XC games I am also looking forward to the English version from Peach Princess (which I hope they will translate too), there are some part of the game that my Japanese aren’t good enough to clearly understand

[This message has been edited by Jyhnc (edited 11-27-2004).]

Interesting. This actually makes the game sound good! “No rape bus” is a great great plus right there.

Haha… I am glad that you are interested

I know it sounds odd - but when Kaoru as a girl and act like a man, is actully surprising attractive in my opinion :stuck_out_tongue: The gradual change in her personality over the course of time is also very interesting. Its also very funny to see how she struggles to preserve her virginity when sharing a room with 2 male friends/roommates

Overall, I think this game is a very entertaining experience :slight_smile:

[This message has been edited by Jyhnc (edited 11-28-2004).]

Oh well, let’s cross our fingers and hope for the best…

A good X-change game? I must say I have my doubts. In all unfairness, I probably won’t even consider getting it either way. I’m afraid it’s too late for me…the stigma is…too strong…

Edit: Okay, I finally broke down and looked at some of the girls. Surprisingly, they’re actually kind of cute (the designs are probably done by a different artist than usual). I admit I’m mildly interested if the story and character designs aren’t the usual X-change fare…the concept itself isn’t necessarily bad.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 11-28-2004).]

Yes XCA’s character design is done by a different artist - 田島直, and this is a list of project he has been involved:
http://nao.or.tv/his01.html

And yes, I like his drawing style too.

Regarding the story, its quite a refreshing change from the previous XC games, moving a little toward a ‘pure love’ theme, which focus more on character interaction instead of just having plenty of sex with many un-important characters like in previous XC game. In XCA you get to read lots of conversation and see how they go about things. There are also lots of humour bits that really make me laugh

Of course, there are sex scenes, and fair amount of that too . However, they are more as required by the story. ‘Virginity’ seems to play a more important role in this game.

Since there are quite a bit of conversation, and there are some parts I am not so sure of. So I am really hoping Peach Princess will release a English version

Sounds like it’s like how I expected X-Change to be in the first place. A somewhat serious story on the concept! Woohoo!

I’m already looking forward to it.

Ooooh i hope it soon release in english (not being so greedy or has any intention to push peach princess translate a new game). I hate myself about lack of japanese…

quote:
Originally posted by Jyhnc:
And yes, I like his drawing style too.

Regarding the story, its quite a refreshing change from the previous XC games, moving a little toward a 'pure love' theme, which focus more on character interaction instead of just having plenty of sex with many un-important characters like in previous XC game. In XCA you get to read lots of conversation and see how they go about things. There are also lots of humour bits that really make me laugh [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Of course, there are sex scenes, and fair amount of that too [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]. However, they are more as required by the story. 'Virginity' seems to play a more important role in this game.

very intresting eh so at least kaoru-chan thinks about keeps her virginity... shame for takuya (never played the first X-change)
quote:
I know it sounds odd - but when Kaoru as a girl and act like a man, is actully surprising attractive in my opinion :P

Oh, does that mean that you also favor tomboy type girls, like I do? ^____^

Hahaha… Spectator Beholder, you could be right They always seems to have a special quality that catches my eye

Come to think of it, I am not sure how the translation will handle some of this aspect. In Japanese, male and female use slightly different words in their sentence. Maybe Peach Princess have a smart way in handling this

[This message has been edited by Jyhnc (edited 12-02-2004).]

I gotta say I liked the Xchange stories (but then again near the start of my love for anime I liked Ranma 1/2 and that most likely had something to do with it)…

Now saying that I thought some of the things that happened in the previous XC’s were pretty stupid and I could have done without them… That said I’m still likely to buy Xchange games down the road & this one in particular since it seems like a better take on the idea…

quote:
Hahaha.. Spectator Beholder, you could be right [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] They always seems to have a special quality that catches my eye [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Indeed ^_^

quote:
Come to think of it, I am not sure how the translation will handle some of this aspect. In Japanese, male and female use slightly different words in their sentence. Maybe Peach Princess have a smart way in handling this [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Ah, you mean that Kaoru uses "ore" or "boku" whne talking aobut himself? (through I've encountered cases where "boku" is acceptable for a woman, but "ore" is a defintively damedame for women :3 ). I dunno if there's a way to really "translate" this throught, so I suppose that the significance of this will be lost to many when (and if) this game is translated).

Foul necromancer!

I haven’t been to Peach Princess’s page in a long time, and it seems that I’ve missed a lot.

I personally think that Yin-Yang X-Change Alternative might be a good game. Since users have already posted that the more dark parts of the game have been eliminated, and there’s a bit more emphasis in character development, then even I’m interested despite that I haven’t been for the previous X-change games (other than they have nice character designs).

The OP song that they use… Is that sung by a famous Jpop singer?

I can’t wait for a new bishoujo game to play. G-coll really spoiled me

Its great to know Peach Princess is working on XCA! I know I will be getting one for sure

Right stuf has Yin-Yang up for preorder and has the available date as Mar 15 2006.

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
I can't wait for a new bishoujo game to play. G-coll really spoiled me [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

Man you said it. It realy spoiled me too.
That 1 game every month or second month schedule realy was soooooo god.

I’ve started playing through the Japanese version recently and this game is excellent. It does seem to be pretty different from the original series. It has a lot to offer anyone who doesn’t like the X-Change series and fans as well. The story and character development are very well done too.