Yukkuri Panic: Escalation

Sounds like it might be an idea to unplug the pad. Game probably wasn’t extensively tested on a gamepad.

The pad and the crash are two different thing.
You have crash upon crash with or without the pad.

It might be your system. I managed to clear all the levels on normal and hard, and it never once crashed on me. I’m using Windows 7 64, so I know it’s at least fully compatible with that.

I just bought the internet download version. Can’t wait to start playing… :slight_smile:

Anyone having problems with Escalation ADV? When I try to change to Fullscreen mode, the game freezes…

Of course! I have that problem all the time. I’ve just given up trying to view any JAST games full screen. By the way, i can’t see a thing thru these bleedin’ glasses.

I had that problem too, with both games. (as well as Raidy 2) But if I forcefully terminate the application after a freeze, then immediately try to run it again and try to set it full-screen again, it works for me without question.

The issue is most likely caused by a combination of poor programming, your display and your video card. Basically, what happened is that the game in question requested a fullscreen display of 640x480x32 or 800x600x32 or something else. Your display driver said ‘no’ for whatever reason and the game, which didn’t expect ‘no’ just went on as if it had been given the display, leading to a crash.

Historically PowerStrip was a good way of working around this, but I have no idea how you’d fare with it and can’t really recommend it or support it. But it’s there if you want to try it (it’s shareware)

Thanks. The second game worked OK, strangely I have problems just with ADV. I will try again soon.

ADV randomly crashes on me. I thought it might not be liking me browsing what games are for sale on Steam because it always crashed whenever I opened Steam and then it happened when I checked the news. I’m sure someone can say it is something wrong about my PC because it doesn’t crash if I don’t multitask, but no other program crashes when I multitask. Not complaining, I just don’t feel like playing until something is fixed. The panic game never crashed.

My google search skills failed me, are these the guys who did Moero Downhill Night? The UI, designs and sounds remind me of that game.

Nope. This game is by a doujin (independent) group called Shining Star, or Rolling Star, or whatever they are this time. The group is mainly distinguished by the artist.

The Moero games are by TOP, a commercial company.

You should also mention they share the same artist. Which would be why he thought so.

Yeah sorry. I don’t know how things work over there, but I knew jlist advertised it as a doujin game. Because of all the similarities I thought maybe there was a connection with Moero. Like maybe the guys released it before going big, I guess not. Thanks,

ADV is, admittedly exaggerated, unplayable. Again, random crashes without trying to maximize the screen like others have noted. It is just when I am multitasking.

I have a strange question, why is Peach Princess westernizing the charachters names again? And why also are they translating honofics?
the western name order is like Miku Hatsune, while in Japanese it is Hatsune Miku. I played Princess Waltz they left the Japanese name order alone but not the honofics

My guess would be because it’s trying to expand beyond its current niche-within-a-niche market.

How are the character names being ‘westernised’ exactly? Also, what do you mean by ‘translating honorifics’?

I haven’t started playing though Yukkuri Panic just yet, but given the context of the question, I’m assuming that moesan is referring to first-last naming order and localizing titles (ie: translating “-san” as “Mr.” or “Ms.”). As noted in moesan’s signature, (s)he prefers retaining honorifics in translations and Japanese name order.

Please correct me if my assumptions are off the mark.

March 5th Edit: I’ve completed both the Escalation visual novel and the Euclid Panic: Escalation game (“Yukkuri Panic” is a blind romanization - the game’s real title is shown on the title screen in plain English). The story isn’t very good, even by sex romp standards - you’d be better off getting the A Kiss For The Petals series if you’re looking for a semi-decent yuri VN. On the other hand, the Euclid Panic game is quite addictive; I lost track of how much time I spent on the game. Even though I cleared Game Mode on my first attempt, the frustration Hard Mode inflicted kept me coming back for at least four hours.

Too bad the twelve bonus CGs that are unlocked after clearing Hard Mode aren’t really much of a reward:

• letterboxed versions of the five Stage 6 CGs
  • one pencil sketch each for each of the four characters (two per page)
  • one full-body CG of each of the four characters (Rie’s, Naomi’s, and Midori’s can be found on the printed insert)
  • a clean, letterboxed version of the game’s cover art

Elaborating on what moesan was commenting on: names are presented in first-last order and all honorifics are localized (ie: “Teacher” instead of “Sensei”). Personally, I don’t think “Elder Sister” is the best rendition of “Oneesama” given the Christian boarding school setting, but, aside from that, I don’t really have any issues with their localization decisions (especially given the target audience).

I do, however, have issues with missing / clearly incorrect translations: on a few occasions, a voice clip plays, but the dialogue box remains blank. I lost count of how many times I thought to myself “that’s not what she said” (ie: Midori calls Rie’s name yet the textbox reads “Mmmm…” for no justifiable reason). Throw in a few capitalization errors (ie: “midori”) and inconsistencies (“Omamori” vs “Oomamori”) and you have enough reason to question if the proofreader was really doing their job.

As it turns out, Escalation wasn’t my cup of tea. If you’re looking for a good VN, you’re better off looking elsewhere. If you’re a sucker for Qix and don’t mind seeing everything the game has to offer in a single sitting, it’s worth giving a shot - there are worse ways to spend your money…

Is the VA for Rie the same woman who played Aya in the classic “Ring-Out: Pro Lesring!”?

Finished Yukkuri Panic Escalation. It was a disappointment, but the characters were cute and there was at least plenty of yuri H-scenes!