Yumina the Ethereal: The highest profile H-RPG release ever

Background
After 3 years in the making, JAST USA is finally ready to release Eternal-Will’s popular adult visual novel RPG Yumina the Ethereal. This will be the highest profile ecchi RPG to ever be officially released in English. It’s highly rated on both VNDB (8.3/10; #5 ranked in untranslated RPGs) and Erogamescape (80/100), and is particularly praised for its strong gameplay melded with moe romantic comedy and sci-fi themes. The game was developed by members of the same team that worked on the popular titles Aselia the Eternal (released) and Seinarukana (also being worked on by JAST).

Recommended audience
Do you like gameplay with your VNs? Are you a fan of games like Aselia the Eternal, Duel Savior, Kamidori Alchemy Meister, and Sengoku Rance? This may be the game for you!

Synopsis

Free trial
JAST has released a playable demo which includes the entire first chapter of the game, including story segments and combat.

Availability
Yumina the Ethereal is now available for PC in hard copy or digital format through JAST, J-List, and RightStuf.

Patch
A patch that adds subtitles to the epilogue movie for the hard copy release is now available for download. The digital version has this patch pre-applied.

School-life OP
Sci-fi OP
Official site
Gameplay overview
Combat tutorial
Free trial (includes the entire first chapter of the game)
VNDB
User review

Just got my shipping notice; I think this may be the first time a JAST eroge has come out earlier than announced

Rightstuf said they’d ship on August 28th a week or two back. It was planned this way. They probably wanted the physical copies arriving at the same time digital sales began.

Mine just shipped too :slight_smile:

Looks like this is the official Yumina thread. Thanks, Dark_Shiki.

Some news. The game is shipping, and there’s a patch. See http://jastusa.com/?p=1980 for details. Please put this info at the top of the thread, if you could.

Otherwise, enjoy the game!

I added a link to the patch download on the official website. Unfortunately, the website patch link doesn’t work.
http://jastusa.com/yumina/downloads.html

I was forced to use the link in the blog post, which is much less prominent.

https://twitter.com/jastusa/status/372908579927228418

Yumina did good preorder-wise :smiley:

One of the things I love about this game is how each picture in the CG gallery has the characters commenting on it as if they were all looking through a photo album. I wish I knew more Japanese because a lot of the ones I do understand are extremely funny.

That’s a cute thing Xuse does too (ETERNAL is ex-Xuse staff); and yeah, I’d like to see that in more games.

Did Eien no Aselia do it? Don’t remember it (or rather never payed attention).

Not sure; Aselia might be before they started doing it. I can’t remember it in Aselia anyway.

This shall be the permanent bug report and patch thread.
New patch available. Fixes Glint in the Dark crash and some other issues.

got patch thanks.

I completely cleared both dungeons available to me, and have yet to get a gargoyle head, any tips? I’m guessing I need to fight a hyper battle against a hyper gargoyle but the likelihood of that is pretty low since hyper battles are so rare (so far I’ve only gotten dimension eater, salamander, burn salamander, and some mooks from the other newbier dungeon). Speaking of which, what is that hyper battle mode thing anyway where yumina counts down from 3 and then says go? I never get a hyper battle during that anyway, seems pretty pointless.

edit: oh yeah, are “material” type items actually materials for anything? or do I just sell em? Cuz so far I haven’t found any kind of crafting menu and it seems odd you get so many materials without them being explained as being needed for anything or whatever.

I’m sort of curious about this too, the only use I’ve found for em is they sometimes show up as quest requirements, so mostly I just been vendoring em.

Got my hard copy of this game in the mail today, fun game, money well spent imo.

Is there someone working on a walkthrough for this? I posted a partial (one chapter) walkthrough in another thread for someone struggling with it (ch2).

I was hoping I could have some input to help complete it faster. The fine details of the game are sketchy and easy to miss, which is fine for a game so fresh out as this, but it was very frustrating on my first playthrough. (I missed 90 percent of the missable CGs /cry)

Just got my copy from Rightstuf… and I have to say the physical product really looks nice. Good quality clear DVD case, great printing for the cover, and nice design. And a full-color instruction booklet, 23 pages long… (Aselia could have used that!)

It just looks good enough to mention. And with the lack of explicit material on the back, it looks like something I could show to interested newcomers…

Now to fire it up ;D

Patch updated. Please download here. The most important change is that the quest A New Alloy should no longer crash when you turn it in.

I can not believe they released such an awful pdf for the manual! Whoever the idiot at JAST that scanned it needs to learn how to scan! The pictures are such a blur that the manual is utterly useless because I can’t see what I am reading about!

UGG! This game is BUGGY! If I turn off my second monitor the video switching to single monitor crashes it! If video resolution changes for any reason it crashes! Jast you must really have horrible beta testing to not found this bug it’s not occasional it’s every single time! If something pops up on desktop and you are in full screen the game crashes! I am so sick and tired of redoing the first dungeon since the stupid first time won’t let you save it has crashed on me twice now after finishing up the dungeon!

Well I finished yumina route on accident which was a boring generic lame ending and did Kirara’s which was amazingly fantastic and probably the best ending I have ever played for a herinoe before.
I am going to stop there, I really was just going to do Kirara because I cannot stand battles and such even cheating it takes a while

I confess it sometimes puzzles me why do people buy the game knowing its an RPG then complain about the battles. Its like buying Dark Souls and complain about getting dying…
Imo it has a better story and combat system compared to Aselia (and seinarukana).

I honestly thought the manual is fine. I mean, what do you expect?
However I would like to see a lot more content and details to guide people through the various aspects of the game. Include terminologies, more detailed guides and explanation of the system.
There are also a lot more details hidden in game which people may not even realize unless they use the jp wiki: take the various weapon evolution for example, or various quest/dungeon info.
Holding Ctrl speeds up all action (running, combat, text) should be highlighted in bold.

I don’t get your 2nd sentence. However I doubt “changing monitor resolution mid-game” is on their QA list… it is not something people do regularly…
Fortunately the game autosaves pretty often and keep your last 10 autosave in case if shit happens.
You cannot save inside a dungeon, but you can save outside in the ordacle world.