Zyx's new game announcement

and it’s an RPG to Boot! Go here with your best Japanese to English trasnslator.

http://www.zyx-game.co.jp/topics/050218/index.html

There’s not a lot of sample art, but that one line sketch they have doesn’t look like their DYLHB games. I like this style much more. I hope that GC brings this to us eventually.

It’s not…Zyx-y! The world must have turned upside down…what next, an X-change title that’s actually good?!

They’d better. I’m still fuming over the Fortuna snub.

… well, I don’t want them coming out with any RPGs while they’re using vmate, 'cause then I still couldn’t play 'em! But I guess I’d be somewhat happy if other people were happy even if I had to stay out of it…

This isn’t the first “ZyX game that isn’t very Zyx-y” there is. Most of the others won’t work on computers with the NT Kernal, tho. (NT, 2K, XP.) Too old. The others would require us to basically remake the game from the ground up. (Long story, very technical, and most would require you to sign non-disclosure.)

Fortuna… well, mind you, we ourselves would love to work on that, but just because you want to doesn’t mean you can. Believe me, if we could work on it, we would. But we can’t, so we don’t. (More non-disclosure.)

Mind you, if we do make this one (The ZyX one.), it will be V-Mate.

adds to list of “Ask If It Can Be Done.”

(Why yes, of course I’m asking, you think you’re the only ones who want something diffrent, like an RPG?)

Thanks a bunch! At least we can find out some real info instead of just guessing if the title will be translated or not. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the reply Vaga42.

Hey Vagabond, when are you planning to publish your next Q&A? Been waiting forever for it. I’m very curious if it’s possible for GC to do the Fukuramikake series, also if it would be possible to do this game by the new (?) CD-bros label Sweethearts:

http://www.cd-bros.co.jp/s-hearts/soft/04_angel/index.htm

This looks like another very interesting IMO game.

There’s some updated graphics on Zyx’s website check the link on the first post for details.

------------------
“His last thought is wry, Not bad for a dead man.” Moon Knight vol.1, #1 (1980)

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 03-04-2005).]

There’s something…ridiculously funny about the dress in your typical bishoujo RPG. The pinnacle of this would be the “chainmail bikini,” but I think the red-head’s attire illustrates it as well. What self-respecting person would actually go around in such an outfit?! I can understand in the cat girl’s case at least…

Well, you see, she doesn’t have any pockets. So she has to have her cleavage exposed like that so that she can tuck any shiny jewels she finds away for safe keeping.

It’s a common problem with girls clothing. Nice prom dress, don’t want to carry a purse… keys have to go in your bra.

As comedically disturbing (enticing?) as that sounds…I’d expect a tad more utility in an adventuring outfit than a prom dress.

Ah, so they got Muramasa Kazuma to do the character designs? That’s unusual–he works mainly with Sekilala, though I do admit that other companies have commissioned him in the past.

It’s a good thing, too. RPG game, that’s a huge plus. New character designs are also a huge plus for ZYX. I really don’t like their usual stuff. I’m hope that GC gets to work on this title.

I’d buy pretty much any RPG on principle, and this one even has nice character designs.

quote:
Originally posted by bishounen_blue:
It's a good thing, too. RPG game, that's a huge plus. New character designs are also a huge plus for ZYX. I really don't like their usual stuff. I'm hope that GC gets to work on this title.

As a matter of fact, Zyx cannot use "Old character designs" any longer.
They have lost Muto and Yamane.

No loss there. Those were some pretty bad character designs. I’ve seen worse in bishoujo games, but those were down there.

That really sucks they left. They are some of my favorite b-game artists…

I’m certainly not broken up about it…but it seems our gain is your loss…