Zyx's new game announcement

Vaga42Bond put a - next to this game in his latest (and last…) FAQ, indicating that it’s unlikely that we’ll ever see this game…not that that should be a surprise to anyone.

That is a lot of girls…

Yet another update at on the website…

I’m starting to think they’re just teasing us

quote:
Originally posted by Jason4:
Anyway, I'm curious as to what the record number is for "interactive girls" in a bishoujo game.

Off the bat, I would say 12.
But that is a rather common top-number because it simply features a girl for every zodiac sign.

... I suppose you wouldn't count opponents in Mahjonng-games as "interactive girls", would you?
Because in that case I could also give you higher numbers from my own experiences with the two ELF All-Star's Datsui-Jann-games.
They would all fulfill your main criterion ("have major storylines and isn't just a minor chracter"), just not within that game... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Most girls I’ve ever seen in a game is Mink’s Princess Knights. An SRPG featuring 29 girls each with their own ending and beautiful artwork. Now that I’ve thought of it, I’ll write a review for this one over on the Review board, since I’m sure a lot of you will be interested

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
CRC has alot of them, but off hand I can't remember how many.

CRC has 12 girls in it.

quote:
Originally posted by Nameless Mofo:
CRC has 12 girls in it.

Each of them representing one of the signs of the zodiac, to be more precisely.

You find the same in Sentimental Graffiti and I think it is a safe bet that this is a recurring kind of cast in other games.

Sister Princess comes to mind, even though I haven't verified yet that every of the 12 sisters there has her own zodiac sign.

However, regarding the original question SuperDeadite's Princess Knight seems to be in lead.

I guess I don’t mind V-mate games anymore, since Hitomi crashed only once in the jillion times I’ve played it. So if this game is V-mate, I’d still get it hands down. gimme now!

They’re going to translate this game? I just thought it was mentioned out of uniqueness. But if it’s going to be translated that’d be even better.

quote:
Originally posted by Billybob:
They're going to translate this game? I just thought it was mentioned out of uniqueness. But if it's going to be translated that'd be even better.

*points to his last Q&A for G-Collections*
http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002177.html

Of course, that's only as valid as when I last was at the company, but that's the most info you'll probably get right now, for now.

They’ve added a couple of HCg images at the bottom of the page. Tentacles will be present in the game but the images still only increase my curiosity about this game.

Never thought I’d be saying this, but I’m also highly intrigued by this Zyx game. Too bad the chances of ever seeing on this on the English market are slim to none.

I would donate money to get it done… Seriously…

I’d donate to see a lot of games get done…but if I ever saw my donations wasted I’d probably get really pissed and leave the market. So maybe I’d better not think about it.

Haha. It really wouldn’t be possible to get a game translated thorugh donations, unless we came up with enough money to pay for the entire process. I could put in a couple hundred dollars, but that’s like nothing. If there were enough people willing to donate some money to help tranlsate this game then GC wouldn’t be in the position they are in now. What a shame.

Yeah, I sure am not willing to give up all my money for them. I have more important things to consider. But for a hobby, I would do my best to keep the business going if possible. Of course, G-Collections decided not to ship me my games, which should probably make me angry. Well, it does. I probably will never order from them again.

Do they have stock, lets just buy out a company, and make the secisions for them.

quote:
Originally posted by bishounen_blue:
Haha. It really wouldn't be possible to get a game translated thorugh donations, unless we came up with enough money to pay for the entire process. I could put in a couple hundred dollars, but that's like nothing. If there were enough people willing to donate some money to help tranlsate this game then GC wouldn't be in the position they are in now. What a shame.

Realistically, you would need to shower the game maker with enough $$$ upfront to let them give you permission to localize the game for the English market. Donations wouldn't be enough to get it done.

GC was losing sales to internet pirates who downloaded GC games for free. That's why GC adopted VM. And apparently GC still didn't make enough off its legit sales to stay in business.

quote:

And apparently GC still didn’t make enough off its legit sales

Which really more implies that the problem is “the market is too small” (or at least, “the market willing to pay is too small”) rather than "We are losing sales to pirates!"

It’s a shame, but there’s just no way to compare the japanese market and the english one - the difference in scale is huge.

I wonder if a company could try to work with the j-companies to design something along the lines of an official Oh Text Hooker? And then sell THAT and actual japanese games to the English market? It wouldn’t be the same, but it would be an option…

well, if you say convert all piracy into potential sales…then the sales figures will increase quite dramatically

i am basing this on the number of downloads of the brave soul patch off our site