21:52 (Nandemonai) shutthehellupLamuness

even though i try to be sensible with what titles to recommend, there will be cases where we have to do a title whether we like it or not. WC comes to mind.

for this new company, there is high chance that we will not get their more popular titles for the first time (we might get a second/third tier one as a “test”). hopefully you guys will still support it since it will be the sales that will encourage/convince them to give us licenses of their better games.

once again:
Light games = me buying it! (almost preordering)

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
even though i try to be sensible with what titles to recommend, there will be cases where we have to do a title whether we like it or not. WC comes to mind.

This is a story I'd like to hear. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] Next on BNN: the sinister circumstances behind the decision to translate the infamous Water Closet.

naw, he likes oppai. Brave Soul sounds more like one of his recommendations.

I just hope we get some nice non-boring games. I’m crossing my fingers and hoping for no sickeningly sweet light romance games and/or non ADV games.

I’m sure they’ll be ADVs. The vast majority of B-games are. Personally I love ADVs, I just hate the ones that have sex every 30 seconds or less. I’m really curious as to what company it will be though. I’m still hoping inside that a miracle will happen and it will be Giga, but I’m sure it isn’t.

quote:
i thought you guys will give me some chocolate?

Well, maybe I would if you asked it correctly... (grammar error)

Obvious grammar errors -> my pet peeve

quote:
yes, we are talking with a new company in japan last xmas and this company is not related to will or crowd at all (so it's not any of the sister companies). we are getting very close to an agreement which is why i am not saying firm at this moment.

Great! That's very nice to hear. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]
quote:
gimme chocolate and i shall speak

What's the address?

since benoit is bitching about my grammar i refuse to discuss about this issue any further :stuck_out_tongue:

now everybody go beat the crap out of him :stuck_out_tongue:

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
Well, maybe I would if you asked it correctly... (grammar error)
Obvious grammar errors -> my pet peeve

Your command of English is truly admirable, Benoit (me, after almost 20 years of self-study, I can only read the language with no mistakes...), but, seriously, please be careful to not hurt the feelings of your fellow BBS members with too many reprimands for these little errors (yes, the Human soul is SO complex [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]...).
quote:
since benoit is bitching about my grammar i refuse to discuss about this issue any further :P

now everybody go beat the crap out of him :P

Benoit and Lamuness are at it again, huh? C'mon kids, play nicely...

And you, little Lamuny, are such a little troublemaker! First Nandemonai, and then Benoit! You should be ashamed of yourself!

dark_shiki is now on my black list…

quote:
dark_shiki is now on my black list...

Black mailing list?
I never though that you would be that kind of person...

@Benoit:

You-ll have your own big mistake, and i`ll be there to tell everybody...
I`M WATCHING YOU
[img]http://www.bleachsp.com/public/images/avatars/675342132bfbcd718.jpg[/img]

unholy avenger is now on the list too…

Heh, i was expecting that kind of answer…
too predictible

------------------
“The reason we think the flowers on the precipice are beautiful, is because we are standing on the precipice as well.
Do not fear, because we are like the flowers,

We did not step off.”

Well, I would appreciate it if someone pointed out my grammar/spelling errors…

Certain grammar/spelling errors rub me the wrong way, it just itches me. These include, but are not limited to:

-obvious wrong usage of time
-their/they’re/there
-since/sense

I already make a big effort to not jump when Lamuness uses his proprietary lack of real sentences and caps.

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
Certain grammar/spelling errors rub me the wrong way, it just itches me. These include, but are not limited to:

i dont claim to be a total expert like someone ACTS to be so please enlighten me but.....should it be "they just itch me?" instead? singular/plural conflict

quote:
i dont claim to be a total expert like someone ACTS to be so please enlighten me but.....should it be "they just itch me?" instead? singular/plural conflict

It depends how you look at it, I suppose. What does "it" mean? If "it" refers directly to the subject of the first portion of th sentence, then yes, there's a conflict. Proper (academic) writing should never be ambiguous in the first place. However, I personally don't have the time nor the motivation to write academically all the time. Besides, academic writing is too stuffy, repetitive, and awkward. A definite error in that sentence is that the comma should be a semicolon, since the two phrases represent two independent clauses without a conjunction between them.

The moral of the story: who cares. If grammar errors bother you that much Benoit, then I think you're the one with the problem, not the people making the mistakes. Bad grammar only becomes a problem when it obscures what you're trying to say. I appreciate when people point out my more glaring errors, but I'm not everybody, and you shouldn't automatically assume that everybody appreciates having each and every grammar error they make pointed out.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-18-2005).]

i guess the ‘it’ makes reference to ‘the fact that somebody makes a mistake’…
to me it’s perfectlly logical…

------------------
“The reason we think the flowers on the precipice are beautiful, is because we are standing on the precipice as well.
Do not fear, because we are like the flowers,

We did not step off.”

Loose grammar on message boards doesn’t bother me. This isn’t formal writing.

People who speak entirely in txt abbrevs (u r dum lol) annoy me a bit. If I have to talk to them for more than a message or two, I will start correcting their language.

People who start picking on other people’s spelling/grammar AND SPELL IT ‘GRAMMER’ get a thorough tsking from me.

Serious pet peeve mistakes (people who screw up ‘loose’ vs ‘lose’, ‘discrete’ vs ‘discreet’, etc) I will try to quietly correct. In those cases, I don’t think it’s laziness, I think they actually don’t know the difference, so hopefully explaining it will be useful…

now, to just get back on track with the topic, i shall spill another bean. the company in question has in the past released non-avg games. this statement’s kinda moot though since i never said “how distant past” :stuck_out_tongue: