21:52 (Nandemonai) shutthehellupLamuness

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
now, to just get back on track with the topic, i shall spill another bean. the company in question has in the past released non-avg games. this statement's kinda moot though since i never said "how distant past" :P

That would be great to get games of any type besides the typical AVG's, though I'm partial to RPG's myself.

How about this question: is the company one like Will or Crowd, which includes many subsidiaries, or is it a solitary studio?

though I’m partial to RPG’s myself.
if i remember correctly, i didn’t see any rpg titles on their lineup recently. anyways, we are not in a position yet to ask for any title we please (since it will be a test/experiment for them), although support from you customers and fans will make life easier in the future.

>How about this question: is the company one like Will or Crowd, which includes many subsidiaries, or is it a solitary studio?
this is a tough question to answer; i can only say “yes and no”. you will see when we announce the company (if we have a deal with the company, that is)

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 02-19-2005).]

dahh these clues are driving me crazy! My favorite company acctually fits all descriptions so far including the “yes and no” answer thing that Lamuness just added, but my gut is telling me that there is no chance of it being them. THIS SUCKS!

quote:
Originally posted by SuperDeadite:
dahh these clues are driving me crazy! My favorite company acctually fits all descriptions so far including the "yes and no" answer thing that Lamuness just added, but my gut is telling me that there is no chance of it being them. THIS SUCKS!

.....sigh, you and your giga fetish again? but then, there's nothing wrong with wishing right? :P

ADD:
although whether or not that wish will come true is another issue. you may want to start thinking outside the box so to speak :P

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 02-19-2005).]

I know! It’s a company that sells games without boxes!

hmm… a Giga fetish? I’ve never quite thought of it that way, but now that you bring it up, you could be right

Hmmmm,

New company higher profile than Crowd or Will?

-Can I start gathering my chinchilla collection, English Style?

-or will a prominent race of pointy-eared demi-humans be far off?

-Will I be able to travel with her to Wonderland, softly?

New company? Holy crap, my rapidly declining interest in the hgame scene is rapidly increasing again! I hope we get these games somewhat quick and that they’re newer than most of the current releases :stuck_out_tongue:

quote:
Originally posted by Gohanks:
New company? Holy crap, my rapidly declining interest in the hgame scene is rapidly increasing again! I hope we get these games somewhat quick and that they're newer than most of the current releases :P

Oh the bliss of ignorance. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] At the rate PP puts games out, and considering the first game would be a "testing the waters" sort of deal, I wouldn't expect to see a game from this company til Christmas. And that's being optimistic. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-23-2005).]

Post deleted by ME!

[This message has been edited by The Unholy Avenger (edited 02-22-2005).]

i’d like to see the GREEN GREEN games come over here, im thinking of just importing them since the characters are a blast.

i second superdeadites giga request :smiley:

baldr force and duel savior in english would kick large amounts of ass.

alright guys, stop dreaming…err, well…i guess i can’t stop you guys from dreaming eh? :stuck_out_tongue:

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
At the rate PP puts games out, and considering the first game would be a "testing the waters" sort of deal, I wouldn't expect to see a game from this company til Christmas. And that's being optimistic. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
alright guys, stop dreaming...........err, well.....i guess i can't stop you guys from dreaming eh? :P

I know, I know. Maybe the Christmas of 2006-2007, then? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-23-2005).]

The name Manga Ent. comes to mind… i dont know why.

I knew from day 1 of this thread it was a merge or maybe even a buyout (however merge made more sence) since then ive simply been trying to decide who…

[This message has been edited by Gambit (edited 02-23-2005).]

i wonder if cocktail soft fits the cluse so far… they have released things like pia carrot and canvas…which if i remember correctly are on the lighter side, as well as 2 games i am VERY interested in, the UNIV series, ai oomatase and koi hajimaru. they are also a division of a larger company… im not sure how independant within that division they are though…

ooh i have a good question, has any game made by this mystery company been turned into an animation? if so, was it a tv series, or a h/non-h OVA?

tv anime: dont think so
h-ova: i dont follow the h-ova scene that much so i really dunno, but i doubt it

but their games have been ported to consumer platforms (dc, ps2), just fyi

deadite is gonna go nuts, because Baldr Force is on dreamcast and soon to be the ps2 i think. so giga still fits the clues haha

and some of their earlier games were on TG-16 and saturn (i think, it was some shooter with h-scenes in it, he’ll prolly name it when he sees this)

not including PC to console conversions, has this company published (or created or been involved in, whatever) and non-h games either for console or PC?

Damnit all these clues are gonna make my brain explode.

Yes Baldr Force is on Dreamcast and a PS2 port is on the way. Giga’s H-shooter pancakes mentioned is Steam Hearts’. It was the game that really got me hooked on Giga and their twin company TGL so many years ago. It was also on PC-98 for the hardcore collectors. One of these days I need to track down a copy of the original Variable Geo. The earliest I’ve played is Advanced VG for the PC-Engine CD (Turbo Grafx CD in the US).

However today almost all B-games start on PC, get ported to Dreamcast (because its cheap), and if it sells decently is ported to PS2. So there is still a huge amount of possible companies that the new one could be.