21:52 (Nandemonai) shutthehellupLamuness

Alicesoft (keeps fingers crossed)

guys, nowadays A LOT of companies do console ports (for more revenue i guess) so it doesnt mean it’s gonna be giga

get your minds off giga…sheesh

After long thinking i came up with this company…

GIGA!

Yeah! i’m mocking you lamuness…

Key (Keeps other fingers crossed)

Key made Kanon, which we all know has been made into an anime. Unless Lamuness is giving us bogus hints (altogether possible ), it can’t be Key…

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-23-2005).]

Can you dash my hopes about Alicesoft too? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure, why not? Beat Angel Esclayer was made into an H-OVA, and I doubt Lamuness would be unaware of it.

Sorry.

To be fair, it’s also not Leaf (one of the companies I’ve had my eye on), because Comic Party was made into an anime. It also can’t be Age, Type-MOON, or Circus. And I’m pretty sure Lamuness is telling us it’s not Giga. If it was Studio-Ego, Lamuness would be packing his bags.

I bet it’s Neko Neko Soft, makers of Lamune.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-23-2005).]

Neko Neko Soft would be a great company to get. I have never actually played any of their games, but I have downloaded the intros to all their games right off their website. “Aka” has one of the most beautiful intros I’ve ever seen.

plus we might be able to get neko neko baldr force :stuck_out_tongue:

@pancakesandsex:

Looks like I’m not the only one with a Giga fetish…

And if the company is Neko Neko Soft I doubt we’d get that cause it was only released on the Neko Neko Fan Disc 2 and PP would probly still need Giga’s permission to license it.

Add “no recent RPG’s” to that.

And i believe that you should quit “Company from Japan”… if it’s not from Jap, where could it be from?

I dunno how to say this better but sorry guys; the deal is 99% dead. apparently the company has demanded something that even i personally cannot accept (i wont say what it is but it’s not hard to guess, and it’s not really about paying more royalties either).

sorry about all this and getting you guys all hyped up, but none of us expected it (or want it) to happen. i could have chosen not to mention this but you guys would turn to a bunch of benoit’s ala sakigake thread so i thought i would mention it.

there may be still hope but at this point the deal is 99% unfeasible.

again, sorry about getting you guys all hyped up for nothing…see, that’s why i didn’t mention the company name. and sorry, due to ethical reasons i will not say who it is now that it’s dead, but the only hint i can say is that this company name (or its games) has been mentioned on this bbs at least once.

PS personal thoughts: the unjustified demand they made pretty much shows that you will never see english uncensored games by this company in your lifetime…and that’s possibly why mystix anime disappeared as well.

PPS i might close this thread in a week or so

Can’t you say what they demanded that was so unreasonable, at least? Did they refuse to allow you to uncensor the games or something?

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-24-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
(i wont say what it is but it's not hard to guess...).

Sorry, for me IT'S very hard to guess [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/confused.gif[/img] [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/confused.gif[/img].

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
...but the only hint i can say is that this company name (or its games) has been mentioned on this bbs at least once.

Let's hope NOT in the Game Reviews Forum [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/eek.gif[/img]

Let’s see if we can guess the right company and rejection reasons before time runs out.

As for which company, our best clue seems to be that it has been ported. Let’s cross out some of them. It’s unlikely to be Nekoneko since there are h-OVAs based on their work and they don’t have any non-adv. Giga and Studio e.Go! seems to be flatly denied and also has OVAs as well. I’m also crossing out August, Elf, F&C, Leaf, Key, Saga Planets, and Silky’s as potential candidates. My best guess at this time are Pajamasoft or Abogado Powers although I seem to recall Abogado also has hOVAs based on their property. Anyone knows what other companies have been ported?

As for unreasonable demands that don’t involve royalty, hmmmm…I can only come up with two. 1) You cannot censor/edit our loli scenes. 2) PP bears all/most of the development work. Anyone can come up with other possible reasons?

[This message has been edited by Ug03 (edited 02-24-2005).]

First let me say thank you Lamuness for sharing with us what originally looked like such good news. We could use some new companies games to translate. More good experiences on the U.S. front by a Japanese company that licensed its’ games would seem a great bargaining chip in working with future Japanese companies.

Second, I hope this won’t discourage Peach Princess in pursuing other opportunities to bring a new company into the fold.

Well this is not what I was hoping to read when I got home. Oh well…

As for the “outrageous reason” here’s my theory. Earlier Lamuness said that the first game would probly be a test case to see if the new company’s games could sell decently out of Japan. What if the company wanted some sort of “minimum sales guarentee.” For example, the test game must sell X amount of copies or Peach Princess would have to pay the difference themselves to make up for the Japanese company’s personal financial losses that could result from the project.

I know that sounds crazy, but from my experience in the business world, such an idea is not out of the question.

How do these royalties with the developers work, anyway? Is it a flat fee up front, a flat fee for each game sold, a set percentage of sales revenue attached to the game (with the royalty varying according to the price), or some combination of the above?

Bah great now the mystery will haunt me forever.