Amorous Professor Cherry: The Thread

And back on the topic of Amorous Professor Cherry, about how much text was there to translate for this title? (Forgive me if this was already asked. Haven’t had time to go through the thread properly.)

about a week left who has pre-ordered the game

There was about 1.5 MB of text files to work through, though this includes lines of code in addition to dialogue. Of the G-Collections games released in the past year I’d say it’s a bit shorter than Snow Sakura, a bit longer than Bazooka Cafe… somewhere in there.

how long is the game respect others as (sagara family) or (do you like horny bunnies) ? is it shorter than the games which have 4 or 5 women?

Let’s see shall we. Snow Sakura was a LONG ASS game. But since most of it involved plowing through the same thing over and over again, Snow Sakura did seem quite a bit longer than it should have been.

On the other hand, the scenario for Bazooka Cafe is relatively variable but it still sticks to the system with a rough compilation of what is to happen next. It did however include a bit of extra data that was in the Valentine special. The Length should be, roughly said about… the length of say… Pick me Honey? Cuz that game had a good share of endings but the text should be right around there.

Long games can be good. Don’t necessarily use Yukizakura as a typical example of a long game.

Yukizakura’s problem was that the ‘strength’ of the story was in the individual routes. But the individual routes were actually really short. I recall that the ‘trunk’ of Yukizakura, on the other hand, was really long, but relatively plot-weak.

Games with a long trunk but relatively short routes can still be fine. G-Senjou no Maou has a really long trunk, and it comprises of about 70% of the total game. However, the trunk is really awesome. By comparison, the individual routes were weak (but this was fine since the main heroine didn’t have a route; her route WAS the trunk).

On the other hand, Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashino is a game with a short trunk, longer subtrunks, and long character routes, which was good for that game because the individual character routes was where the strength of the game was.

I’m not really sure what Cherry is like in this regard. The ‘1.5mb of script’ is difficult to work with, since I don’t think any of us have ever seen ISF scripts disassembled (inside the ISF they are tokenised, like a bytecode, and there’s a lot of ‘extra’ information such as jump tables). However, if we assume something like a 20-30% expansion, we’d get around 1.2-1.3mb of raw text. That would give a game approximately the same length as Yume Miru Kusuri. The game is priced at the same price point as Yume Miru Kusuri originally was, so I think that’s a fair comparison. 20-30 hours depending on your reading speed.

Oh good. I like long stories. Snow Sakura was definitely up in my book compared to a lot of them. My first one was Kana and it ended up setting the standard for story. But damn… For sex scenes, Bible black and Discipline really warped my sense of good sex… Almost everything seems mellow now…

speaking of bible black a new game called bible black infection was just announced here
http://heiseidemocracy.com/2008/06/13/b … announced/

Bwuh… 0_o

OMFG… I think I’m about to hemorrhage… faints

how long should it take to ship to Tennessee

Yes, the game has three heroines. The several endings allow you to pursue some of them individually, or in various combinations.

My familiarity with the G-Collections catalog prior to our acquisition of their library (games that were produced by G-Collections before I joined the company) is limited, so I can’t give a definitive answer on this; that said, I think you’ll find the game to be of a very decent length. I can say that they’ve focused MUCH more on some of the characters than was possible in other titles with more heroines.

It’ll take a couple of days to ship from release. You’ll get an email as soon as your copy is shipped, and you should receive it a few days later.

Where did you get the download edition from?
I’m looking at the JastUSA website and it’s not listed their, it’s still mentioned as a pre-order.

jmcscore got the game download edition from peach princess site,I don’t know when; i instead a couple of hours ago, hovewer i’m still waiting the code for download obviously while jmcscore should already play there :smiley:

you are right, furthermore we are in the weekend, I think that they will send me the code the next Monday probably

i have a couple of questions. first has the game been released all peachprincess and jastusa both have preoder now still up. and second is this game 16:9 (wide screen) or 4:3 (full screen) it looks like wide screen but then again it could be my mistake. i hope its wide screen though. i play these on a laptop which is widescreen and would like to not see astrected image for once.

then? no opinion? now this game has gone out from 5 days, has someone already taken it? sigh i’m still waiting my download code :frowning:

Looks like download folks are still waiting… but I’m interested in hearing about the game from someone that got it from AX.

Agreed. While my opinion of the game has drastically improved from my initial impression of it (to the point that I’m thinking I might buy it in my next bulk purchase), I still would like to hear the opinions of fellow players.

cherry has animated h-scenes and hearing all the reviews make the wait longer for me getting mine in the mail

Go ahead and get angry for all the good it will do you. In any case, from what I can tell from a post Peter Payne has made in another thread recently, there was some sort of mix up with the download version.