anime with strong finishes

What other anime series are getting this signature series treatment at the same time as Gate Keepers ?

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 01-29-2004).]

Well, I know they re-released Akira 5.1 as a Signature series dvd… Trigun is also being released under the signature line.

I really really wish Pioneer would have done a GateKeepers boxset! I don’t think that’s going to happen anymore… not at this point. I’ll probably just buy them individually at the con I’m heading too. It is a series I’m interested in seeing.

That would have been nice and one more thing they could have marketed, the collectors box set of Gate Keepers and I am kind of surprised they are not doing that with the signature series release, selling disc one with a series box.

Serial Experiment Lain, the various Tenchi Muyo related series, and Sailor Moon S are other Signature series.

I take it Sailor Moon S is the follow up or prequel to Sailor Moon?

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 01-30-2004).]

Some others are Armitage III, and panda go panda. Also just another heads up to people planning to buy bandai discs. Bandai just started distributing their own titles (they used to use Pioneer which is why I always confuse those 2) and it looks like their older releases will also get a price markdown.

Ok another heads up on a post in AOD, looks like a dvd wholesaler go a hold of a bunch of bandai dvds and they’re selling them off really cheap. The catch is that you need to buy a min of $100. Here’s the link to the site.
http://www.shareasale.com/m-redirect.cfm?bannerID=12103&userID=97813&merchantID=3665&urllink=&afftrack=

Where do you have to click? I am clicking on closeouts, and see for yourself both of which are taking me to closeouts for movies in Spanish.

Click on the “See for yourself” button under the picture of Cherry. Hmm, I already have most of the Bandai series I’m interested in. I’d consider stuff like Angel Links and Tsukikage Ran, but with an average price of $8, I’d have to buy something like 13 DVD’s to make the minimum order amount. I’m not sure I could find 13 volumes in the ones they listed that I’d want.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Click on the "See for yourself" button under the picture of Cherry. Hmm, I already have most of the Bandai series I'm interested in. I'd consider stuff like Angel Links and Tsukikage Ran, but with an average price of $8, I'd have to buy something like 13 DVD's to make the minimum order amount. I'm not sure I could find 13 volumes in the ones they listed that I'd want.

Okay that worked this time, thank you. I had clicked on Cherry's picture but previously did not work. That is the trouble I am seeing I, there are a few here and there that I would like but I am not sure it would equal the enough for the minimum shipment.

Is Bandai still releasing 'new' series? Most of these look like ones that have been out for some time and most of the ones that have been discussed here that are coming out seem to be either by ADV or Geneon Pioneer.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 01-31-2004).]

Bandai still has new stuff. Right now, they are releasing s-CRY-ed, Infinite Ryvius, and Witch Hunter Robin, which are all from the past 2-3 years. They’re also getting ready to release Yukikaze, Wolf’s Rain and Gundam SEED.

Okay I just had not heard anything about that company for a while, and everything I had heard was along the lines of 'the hit series Love Hina, Please Teacher, and so on, ones that are currently out. Albeit recently, but not ones that are coming out, I guess my sources are out of date.

No they are comming out with a lot of new anime. Bandai just recently ended their distribution deal with Pioneer/Geneon and are doing the distribution themselves and are lowering the prices of a bunch their catalog titles. These title were getting rebadged as signature series or something like that. So retailers were returning older stock stuff to bandai and waiting for the new rebadged stuff. Apparently buyrite got a hold of a batch of these discs which is why they are selling them for so cheap and why it’s only the older titles. Remember they are a wholesaler who sells them to stores, that’s why there’s a minimum order.

Ah okay, that is why then, okay I was a little worried there might be one less company releasing anime, which means fewer choices in what will eventually be brought across and either translated or just dubbed and easier to pick up in stores.

Well, with the explosion of anime and the subsequent money maker it is at this time, I wouldn’t worry about a big company like Bandai dropping out of the picture anytime soon. Some of the smaller studios maybe.

Yeah animego always worrys me. Looks like buyrite might get some more stuff next week. Man and I just told myself I should cut back on my purchases too…

AnimEigo is the one who released Oh My Goddess and Kimagure Orange Road Ova/Movie Box Set correct? Have they released anything else major? Are they in danger of not bringing any others over?

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 02-05-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
AnimEigo is the one who released Oh My Goddess and Kimagure Orange Road Ova/Movie Box Set correct? Have they released anything else major? Are they in danger of not bringing any others over?

KOR TV? YUA? The individual DVDs are still being released, well, individually. Even though (in Canada) most Animeigo DVDs are more expensive than your average ADV Films DVD, I wish they acquire and release more series soon. IIRC, the last license they acquired was YUA and that has been some time ago already.

So they are being doomed by how much they charge more then the lack of being able to get series to bring over?

I think it’s their marketing in general. They’ve been doing some goofy things here and there.

I must admit I do not really see many series I know to be by them in places such as Suncoast. I would imagine seeing Oh My Goddess there based on its popularity and following, but all I see is tha Ah My Goddess The Movie which is a different company I believe, is that part of what you mean but goofy marketing? They don’t get the games out there and visible?