Aselia the Eternal official thread/FAQ

I thought as much about the date… but, it was probably good to clear that up to prevent confusion :smiley:

I think I have a cloth U7 map, and a cloth u9 map? u6 was paper, and sadly my u8 (and cloth map) was sold for Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, because mom didn’t like the giant PAGAN and pentagram :evil: ;_;

Speaking of maps, I tried to somewhat recreate U7’s map in Age of Wonders…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0SyAlencOI < nostalgia

You know, I think U7 : serpent’s isle had the first h-scene I was ever exposed to :oops:

…Are there any games that have lived up to U7? That detailed, extremely open and interactive world…

I wonder what they’re going to do when that date is in the past? I dunno what system they’re using, but I’d expect many of them won’t like an “anticipated release date” in the past. Perhaps 01/23/45?

They’ll most likely start using the “date to be determined” mark that their currently using in the item description.

Based on the “all-ages” tag on the box art, I assume JAST didn’t submit the game to the ESRB. A member on the NISA board pointed out the fact that, outside of the VN community, “all-ages” has a different meaning. If the game attracts enough attention, JAST could have a potential problem on their hands for recommending games with mature (non-ero) content for “all-ages”. Aselia isn’t 18+ material, but it’s not ‘E’ material either.

Eien no Aselia, Kono Daichi no Hate de was rated 12+ by CERO, though, so it’s not as bad as calling a 15+ game ‘all-ages’. That said, plenty of CERO 12+/B games get rated ~17+ in other countries but differing cultural norms will always be problematic.

“Le sanglot des cigales” (the French localization of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) is rated PEGI 7+.

(Incidentally, “Le sanglot des cigales” translates to “The Cry of the Cicadas”. The “sang” is written in red = “sang” is the French word for “blood”. This is how you do a proper localization, weeaboos be damned.)

That’s also a misapplied rating. PEGI only rates games and have a rather strict definition of ‘game’ so they rated the supplied minigames, not Higurashi itself (which is almost definitely at least 15+ if not higher). Ridiculous but kind of funny!

Now you see why I brought it up. :lol:

Hm, wasn’t this game supposed to be released by now?

no it went gold from gold to release could be another month

But, it went Golden Master September 21st. Here is the quote from that post:

Considering there are 3 days left in the month for shipping, Friday the 28th, Saturday the 29th, and Monday the 31st, I am unsure they are actually going to ship it this month. And they don’t do anything on the weekend so that cuts down shipping to only 2 days. That is unless some shipping has already occurred, which I doubt because we would have heard something about that by now. And we have heard nothing about the packaging taking longer, or a delay in what they stated as the shipping time. I really want to play this though and can’t wait for more news on when it will ship.

if you buy a game from jast only way to get it fast and on time is at a convention

A game from JAST is coming out later than expected? What a shock!! Let’s hop Osadai gets out before the lection next year, lol

Okay, release joking aside, I’m not in that much of a hurry since Batman Arkham City (I’ve looked everywhere but I can’t seem to find Kurou and Al (maybe that’s the special Halloween event with the calendar guy) will be taking up quite some time.

i still have what is done of majikoi

I hope the game gets shipped soon. Got Skyrim coming out of the 11th and then the new Zelda coming out of the 20th. If it doesn’t get here before then I won’t be playing it for a long time.

According to a JAST Facebook post on Saturday, it will ship this week.

Thanks for that update. Never really worried about facebook, but it gets annoying having to look at the front page, twitter, or facebook for update postings. Would be nice to have updates posted on everything instead of random places.

just got my order paid ready to ship email

Same here. Aselia is officially out.

not till some gets there copy