Aselia the Eternal official thread/FAQ

Yep, mine’s shipping too

(yeah, yeah, I know I’ve already got two other copies of the game but ffffffff Aselia is so great I have to support it)

Got my shipping notice

Just got the details last night that my order would ship in 24 hours. To bad this didn’t happen like a week or 2 ago so I would have some time to play the game. Now I will receive the game either a little before Skyrim comes out, or after it comes out. Lord knows when I will have time to play when Skyrim will suck up a lot of time.

You’d better play Skyrim first because Eien no Aselia is almost definitely a longer game =P It’s not your typical finish-over-a-weekend title- there’s way too much to do.

While the last Elder Scrolls game I played was Daggerfall, when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, I’d say is debatable at best that Eien no Aselia is longer

Morrowind probably took me a quarter of the time to finish that Eien no Aselia took and this version has more routes than the one I played- that said, factoring in side quests, DLC and mods, Skyrim could well end up being longer.

you hunt dragons in both games too~

Admittedly, a lot of the time in Eien no Aselia comes from the replaying you need to do in order to see all the routes, although there’s plenty of things to do differently each time - and I suppose that’s not so different from exploring endless copypasted towns and dungeons in the Elder Scrolls games, but still- if you don’t really like Eien no Aselia’s story you probably won’t manage to summon the drive required to clear the game.

Well, I hope the story’s all that and more I’ve heard this game is somewhat of a grindfest and for the record I am not a fan of grinding games unless it has either compelling gameplay or story.

I confess I ended up using a trainer on the 4th+ plays; though the gameplay was pretty unique and interesting, it was also somewhat of a chore

I wonder if any of those cheat programs people made for the fanlation will work for the english release…

yeah that or a hacked save file

I can already see myself face palming for spending 30 dollars on this game…sigh, oh well at least it goes towards a good cause.

It’s not that bad. You get to reuse characters with their increased stats etc. on subsequent playthroughs which makes things a good bit quicker- and by then you’re already used to the gameplay. This isn’t a game you need to clear immediately anyway- just pick it up again every six months or whatever. It was YEARS before I cleared Eien no Aselia because I only played one route at a time.

Hi everyone! Just letting you know that we officially announced Aselia’s release. See the blog for details. Preorders should be getting it next week. So thanks to everyone who ordered, and enjoy!

There will be a digital version soon. So if that’s what you’ve been waiting for, it won’t be much longer.

Got mine in the mail today. Too bad I’m going to be too busy over the next couple weeks to really enjoy it or Skyrim.

Lucky for getting it today and unlucky to get it when you are busy. Hopefully my copy comes in before my Skyrim is delivered Friday, whenever UPS gets around to dropping it off. I played the original fan translator version and enjoyed it, except for the bug where you got caught in fighting with no way to leave it.

Huh, that’s still present? I ran into it once myself in the original game-- just assumed it would be fixed for the PS2 ver.

I think they fixed that bug, but I don’t remember when it was fixed. I know when I played I ran into that bug a lot. I also learned to save a lot because of it.

Unless you go for the higher difficulty

Hope they fixed that bug that makes a s light horizontal crease across the middle of the screen in window mode

Got mine in and installed it. Here are some screenshots of the game:

Doesn’t look like there are any creases in the picture. Or do you mean the effect on the checks where it looks like the are not properly rounded and they have something wrong with them?
Got to find a way to fullscreen the game and not cut off portions of the screen when it is fullscreen. For me the screen cuts off short if I fullscreen the game, but it doesn’t show cutoff for a screenshot. Also, gonna find out if the battle bug is still in effect.

Edit:
Here are the direct links to the photos because of size restrictions on this site:
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i34 … /AnE1a.png
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i34 … /AnE2a.png
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i34 … /AnE3a.png
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i34 … /AnE4a.png

Edit2:
Also just noticed something in the installation folder of the game. While the game guide included in the case has a small version of the game map, the game installation folder also includes a PDF of the map. There is also a game guide PDF included to. Just wanted to mention that.