Aselia the Eternal official thread/FAQ

I, personally, definitely prefer proper aspect ratio with the black bars (I fullscreen most eroge when I play so I don’t get distracted) - although more titles are coming out in widescreen nowadays which is pretty nice.

Really am enjoying this vn all over again. While the battles are as boring after a while as they were in the previous translated version, I am enjoying it again all the same. It is fun going over the scenes that I forgot buy make me laugh or chuckle at them. At the Aselia cooking scene in chapter 3 (Don’t really know if that could be a spoiler or not). Good times. :smiley:

Just a small little nitpick (unless it’s an intended feature?) … When you insert the disc, nothing auto-runs, have to click on setup manually~

Personally, it would be best if it autoplayed automatically when inserting the disc until, you’ve installed it.
It can be annoying to have autoplay popups but… since you don’t need the disc in to play the game…
No reason to leave the disc in the PC. So auto-run in this case would probably be nice.

Opening for the upcoming PSP release of Kono Daichi no Hate De:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_Z99D85VqQ&feature=related

Quick question, is it possible to save the CG images you’ve unlocked to your desktop? I’ve been trying to find where the store the unlocked CG images and have had no luck, I also want to back-up my save data incase something happens to my computer so I don’t have to start over again.

This is two questions:

1. The CGs are stored in game archives and you need special tools to extract them. An easier approach would be to take a screenshot using alt+printscrn- this will put a screenshot of the current window into your clipboard, which you can then paste into a paint program and then crop out the edges, then you can save it somewhere.

2. Your savedata is probably in My Documents somewhere (this is where Special Edition stored the savedata at least), look for a XUSE or possibly Jast directory. You should be able to find it easily enough.

Thank you, that is very helpful.

Something I noticed, is Oruphaliru’s nickname Orpha supposed to be Orupha?

Only noticed during the end of chapter 3 scene between her and Uruka when Orpha is fighting with Uruka about using her nickname. When she sounds out her nickname, the text goes “Or-Ph-A!” but the voice-over definitely goes “Or-Ru-Pha!”.

Her nickname is ???. Whether you render that Orpha or Orupha is a relatively unimportant decision and one that could honestly go either way. Her name is not Japanese, it’s St Yoto’s. Obviously whether it is Orpha or Orupha, a Japanese speaker (such as the seiyuu in question) will always say o-ru-fa.

This game took almost too long to beat. 37 hours for the first playthrough, though thankfully it got significantly shorter for the rest of them with the use of the skip function, fast forward button and Artmoney to make the strategy segments easier, and after all the paths were done the total playtime was 79 hours. I liked the game a lot overall, though some of the paths are kind of underwhelming as far as the relationship part goes, maybe due to the H scenes being removed and not really anything being added in to replace them. Of course, for all I know they might not have added anything at all to the original game and they might just be underwhelming in general.

The strategy segment had some really strange quirks, like certain ranks of some skills being significantly weaker than the previous ranks (Like Orphas last kick attack having a power of only 50). Also, the power level between the various characters really shifts dramatically between the different difficulty levels. For example Esperia, who on Normal has the highest HP level of all the spirits and the best defense rating, becomes by far the weakest character (defensively) on Super Hard due to her abysmal Resist of 60% at level 99 (57% at level 60), as well as having the fourth lowest HP value of them all, only “beaten” by Faren (27K HP at level 99? What’s up with that, seriously, that’s the same as she has at level 60), Orpha, and Uruka. Part of this is of course that stats cap at 500%, so Esperia’s specialty (physical defense) becomes more or less irrelevant later in Super Hard with nothing to offset the poor Resist. Nimnthor, on the other hand, has almost 10k more health, same defense (though slightly worse block skills) and a whooping 300% Resist, meaning she won’t get one-shot by magic like Esperia can if you can’t Banish it.

On the flip side, Eternal Esperia’s special attack one-shot Shun and one of the other Eternals on Super Hard, and reduced the others to like 20% health. That was pretty anti-climactic, but then again the special fights in the game didn’t seem to scale all that much (sometimes not at all) with the increased difficulty levels compared to regular fights. Temourin is so easy it’s hard to understand why they’re so afraid of her in the adventure part of the game at all. All in all, the strategy part of the game has some really strange balance issues and quirks (and possibly bugs, I guess).

http://dakkodango.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=311#p3386

Just think of her as Eien no Aselia’s version of a Jeigan.

i still have yet to play it with 36+ hours a week of working

Surprising news: RPGFan has both a review of Aselia, and an interview with the JAST staff. Both articles are one click away from this worksafe link: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2011/2534.html

How is it long? :shock:
I think I spent about 200 hours playing it (ranking SS in each and any mission), if we consider the replays in order to get SS ranks… For a comparison, I spent over 200 hours levelling up in Yumina, 300 hours (about 4 months) levelling up in Ikusa Megami II, etc. 79 hours for a RPG is nothing!

I almost hesitate to ask how much you put into the Disgaea games (assuming you play them) :shock:

It’s long compared to most bishoujo games I play, since I only play translated titles and there’s not a whole lot of titles that make it over here :stuck_out_tongue: . I think the Men at Work series are the only untranslated bishoujo RPGs I’ve played, since they’re somewhat easy to grasp regardless, like most Studio e-go games. It wasn’t so bad for the first playthrough, but spending 25-30 hours for each path after that wasn’t really an option, as it would take me months to finish the game at that rate. It’s disheartening to come home from work, sit down and play for a couple of hours and not have made any meaningful progress by the time I need to head to bed. More so when it’s just doing the same missions as I have in multiple previous playthroughs :stuck_out_tongue:

Oddly enough, that repetition didn’t bother me as much in Men at Work 3 and 4, but then again they were much shorter games.

I’ve probably put more than a hundred hours into Sengoku Rance but that’s it, really- I definitely can’t see myself spending that kind of time on anything really. In those 200-300 hours I can probably finish a dozen or so eroge from my backlog which I seriously need to get through.

I have definitely put ~ 120 hours or so on Persona 3, but that was over two replays and then the optional FES postgame dungeon (which basically was a second game all by itself). And I’m going to replay it female-side on P3P, which I guess you would say is more or less the same game … just a bit less than an actual replay.

But that is an exceptional case. By far most games I have put much less time into.

Oh, that’s the reason why I tend to avoid RPGs even though I love them. They’re time holes for me. :stuck_out_tongue:
I buy most if not all erogee RPGs whose demo I’ve tried and whose system I’ve liked, but I seldom actually play them!
I, alas, tend to consider my characters aren’t high level enough as long as I cannot beat a boss in a one-kill strike with my weakest character (usually the spell-user) without the help of any item or magic so… OTOH, I admit, I may stop grinding if there’s a maximum level and I’m reaching it, because, well, it wouldn’t be much fun replaying a game two times when you’ve reached the maximum level at half the story in your first play. ^^;;;;; (winks to recent Yumina where Nande reminded him of that fact).

Yeah I’m starting to regret purchasing this game, not very compelling gameplay or story…but on the flip side I’m glad I supported the English eroge industry.