Aselia the Eternal official thread/FAQ

My experience so far with Aselia was to get bored enough that by the time I finally reached the first combat I just gave up. Largely, I don’t like, care about, or even have interest in any of these people except for maybe Esperia. Everybody else is creepy, stupid, or both. I have seen enough spoilers to have an idea that it will pick up later, and many Japanese-original games are too slow for my taste, but sigh. May come back to it later but most games I’ve said that about, I never did.

(On the other hand, I am loving Kara no Shoujo so far. I get to do things, and my protagonist isn’t a total idiot!)

I love pretty much all of the characters in Eien no Aselia, but yeah, if you don’t the game is probably going to be a chore to get through =P

I honestly feel basically nothing for Aselia herself. She just doesn’t connect with me the way the rest of the cast did. And Orpha … yeah, she’s got issues. The cast did grow on me over time (other than Aselia), but I do recognize it’s a weakness.

The subspirits are really interesting, though. And they’re not even in the first few battles. (Honestly, compared to the mammoth size of the later encounters, the first few fights are nothing. The thing holding me back from going back right away, actually, is the slow pace of combat even using CTRL.)

Just a command to make an unit keeping moving to somewhere instead of the manual movement would have made the gameplay much more smoother.

Mmmm… does anyone know if this game was ever accepted on Steam?

It wasn’t, and the rumor mill says it was declined for the Steam Greenlight program too as it has an adult version (even if it’s not translated, apparently as long as it exists it wont be accepted. )

With regard to Greenlight, we just haven’t had time to make the entry yet.

I was given this game for Christmas by my girlfriend who is just as bad as I am. Unfortunately, she didn’t realise that it’s the kiddy version and not the adult one.

Can I trade it for something else? If I want great stories where nothing can happen (because age ratings do not permit actually evil characters who do actual evil and actual relationships where people, heaven forbid, actually love and make love to other) there are literally thousands of other games and games companies who do that.

I can provide proof of purchase and such if required. I’ve bought many other games from here myself (you can check my order history) and have been very happy with them. I’ve supported you a lot, so I’m hoping you can support me for this one thing.

Thanks.

It’s been a while since members of the staff frequented the forums regularly. You might have better luck hitting them up via email or on twitter. (Or open a help ticket.)

Aselia is a pretty good game and all, but I really doubt I’ll be playing it again. It’s just too slow-moving in parts, especially the battle sections.

Sure, that shouldn’t be a problem. Please open a support ticket at help.jastusa.com and I’ll help you out.

[color=#0000BF]Oh, so it’s still possible t’is game will see a Steam release? I will support it’s green light whenever it is put up ^_^[/color]

I hate Steam and will never buy anything on it- but I’d still specifically support this on Greenlight. More people need to play Eien no Aselia.

Is Aselia worth playing?

Are the battles annoying? And is there an Epilogue for the characters?

How good is your tolerance for slooooooooow?

It’s fine, as long as it’s enjoyable.

If you don’t like the story and characters you probably won’t enjoy the game! If you like the story and characters you’ll be able to slog through the game. It IS a slog to complete- but it’s beautiful and worth playing for at least one route.

Thanks for the replies, does the game have alot of romance in it?

Also does the game have Epilogues? Or atleast what happens after the end?

Not a lot, not too little, just about enough.

Yeah, each route has an epilogue.

It looks like we may not be seeing Seinarukana for a very long time:

http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Seina … did=109220

Wow. Previous translator left and now it emerges that his work was unusable? That’s… somewhat ill fortune for JAST.