Bishoujo Game Junkie

A good portion of anime out there is all based off of popular games. Shuffle, Wind, School Days, Utawarerumono, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime, Air, Kannon, Clannad, Da Capo, just to name a few, all of which have been or are being fan subbed.

Let’s add They are my noble masters, Gift eternal rainbow, Mizuiro, Lamune, To hearth, Double Wish, Green green, True Tears (in a way… even if it’s not really the same with this one), H20 footprints in the sand, Higurashi ni naku koro ni, ef, izumo, …
In fact : almost all the harem anime are based on eroge.

YOU LIE!

WOW there is soooo much i didn’t know. i feel super Noob ish now.

I saw manga Books and a Vid Game for the PS2. is the PS2 game the one you meant?

Well i am going to start on YMK today i believe ^.^ or i hope rather. and them Kana i think. But there is alot and know alot of them seem really good. I just had to go through snow Sakura again lols. i couldn’t help myself i missed Rei.

Hitomi stepsister and Kana Little Sister right? are they related games? i hear a bit about both but i wasn’t sure if i was missing something

Not related and they are definitively not similar.

Now let’s just imagine switching the main characters of those two games…
Hitomi would be in heaven and Kana… OMG Kana you didn’t deserve this (even Narg would be nicer with you) :twisted:

I feel like i just Seriously missed out on something. something that could be funny. Y_Y

i was just wondering. i thought they might have been. I hear they where kinda Rough Games with alot of Harsh endings but where worth playing through

Mirrormoon is translating the original PC version of the game (Fate/stay night DVD-ROM version for Windows JP).

The PS2 version of Fate/stay Night is called ‘Realta Nua’. As far as I know, it contains voices for the characters (All of the characters? Not sure), removes the H scenes and some of the more suspicious content and adds extra CG to make up for it.

so it is Similar to the Anime. just in Game Format. i do want to give it a try though.

Mirrormoon. ooo so the Site you sent me to was for the Japanese Copy

I like the first one a lot better. The main character is basically a nice guy, put into the situation. In Kango 2 I had a serious problem as I felt the main character was too much like a sexual predator, and I don’t like that. Especially when the game doesn’t even seem to notice and tries to play it straight, as if it were a normal wholesome thing. I’m not sure I explained that well; I mean that K2’s main character seems like he ought to be the protagonist of a brutish game, or at least a dark one. But he’s not, and the game seems to play it for cute laughs when it’s not that funny.

I wanna Play #1 but i was having Troubles with Playing it.

Yes. You get the original Japanese version (because all of the versions are only in Japanese) and then apply a translation patch (which, as already stated, is at mirror moon)

That is Awesome but Thats Legal Right? Just a Patch done by Some People? I am just Curious. Wow I really want to play that. i got alot of Games to play and am broke but i really would like to check this stuff out.

Right, if you want to attack me and/or insult me, at least do so in an educated manner. So you’re saying it’s a lie that Tsukihime is a popular game? Or were you saying that the content in the Tsukihime anime was not taken from the game’s story? Because both of which are ignorant accusations. Now, if this is another of your little drool sessions over the Tsukihime anime I’ll direct you here http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sh … e&aid=1015 or here http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo … hp?id=2938
Of which you’ll notice there is an anime by the name and theme, and it’s even decently high on average ratings/reviews.

At any rate, if you wish to continue your trolling on this topic, feel free to PM me and let’s stop taking the thread off topic.

Y_Y Kowaii Desune.

and at the Same Time Thanks Dalburnan i found that Link lead to something very Interesting and i like Learning new things on this. I am wondering how they turn into anime? But i am enjoying the Game alot.

:shock:

Oh wow, I feel like I’m on fire, ouch…
Please forgive me Dalburnan, I didn’t want to upset you in anyway and I apologize if I did.
It never came to me to attack or insult you.
By the YOU LIE I simply continued the ‘deny the existence of the anime’ trend.
Tsukihime was popular, and Type-Moon’s works are my favorites and I’d rather shoot myself that say a bad thing about them.
Yes, the anime story was taken from the game. And I think thats the only good thing about it, everything else (art style, the way they portrayed the characters, etc.) was suckage to the extreme.

I’ve seen the reviews on it, of course everyone votes that it was great, I’d vote that too! Even if it sucked it was still a TSUKIHIME anime so it deserves praise, but compared to the game, to the general atmosphere of the Nasuverse, and to, lets say… the Fate/Stay Night anime (If I’d give the Fate anime a 6/10, the Tsuki anime would be 2/10) it would have been better if the makers set fire to it than release it.

By the way I didn’t try to troll you, I merely wanted to point out the fact that it would be better if the anime didn’t exist.
I apologize again if in some way I hurt your feelings.

NOW BACK TO THE THREAD:
Yeah, its legal… and I think they made it with protection so you can’t even use the patch without an original dvd.
Also I’d like to point out that while the Fate/Stay Night translation is not complete (about 1-2 months till its done) the first two paths are already done so you can knock yourself out with Fate and UBW.

I could recommend a few more games but I think I can hear your wallet screaming for mercy already.

No, it’s not legal. The Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works defines translation as the creative of a derivative work, and mirror moon do not have the rights to create derivative works of Fate/stay Night. HOWEVER, since you need a copy of the original game to use the translation patch, the chance of TYPE-MOON rustling up their attorneys for an international lawsuit against mirror moon is… well, zero, really.

So I’d say ‘illegal, but not a bad thing to do’. I live in a country where recording a TV show for your personal use, up until fairly recently, has been illegal. (now it’s legal, but after watching the recorded copy once, you have to erase it! and you can’t lend it to anyone else)

You’ll have to make your own decisions about whether applying a patch to translate a game that you legally purchased into English is morally acceptable or not.

What Lancer-X said. It is most definitely not legal. Perhaps once upon a time when dinosaurs roamed the Earth and the Berne convention hadn’t been signed, it wasn’t illegal. All of fansubbing is, and always has been (at least since the treaty came in force), totally illegal. But it is now. It’s not really “piracy” though, since you – as mentioned – have to have an original copy. (I mean, translating in your head could technically be argued to be an infringement!)

So really what it comes down to is a Moral Choice? as long as you actually own it then its sorta ok though it is still illegal. hmmm that seems tough. Ok i have a questiong then. Would Fate/Stay Night ever get a Translated Release in America???

That’s easy. No.

I mean, never say never and all that, but I’m 99.9% sure that Fate/stay Night will not be licensed.